Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Mission Inferno

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Kharn

"Advice from you? Haha! I will not trust the ignorance of someone so fargone from God's grace, but humor me. Tell me your oh so sage advice." Fenix says, not flinching in the least.

"A gift freely offered, and accepted," Samael says, smiling widely now, showing perfectly straight, white teeth. For just a second, Fenix feels a terrible pain centered on his heart, as if he'd been staked. It passes, but a feeling of unease lingers.

"My advice, Inquisitor, is that you not enter Club Inferno again. If you fail to heed this advice, you will not like the results."

J
    Jak

Alastair grimaces at Fenix reacts with such scorn and disrespect. Whatever this man was, he was powerful. Alastair could feel it from where he was. Personally, Alastair was just glad that Mariel was safe. He tries to catch her eye without drawing too much of the attention of the man threatening Fenix.

As he does so, he remembers how beat up he is and sends his Blood to mend his bruised body.
    Still Healing, Just in Case

Kharn

Fenix flinches back for just a moment at the pain on his cold dead heart. "Foul abomination..." He mutters, before walking over and grabbing Mariel with soft hands.

He looks to Michael, too tired of bullshit to make any challenges just then. "I will see to her, I will take her to the church and see to it that she makes safe haven."

If Michael has no issue with it, he then scoops Mariel up and carries her to his car, laying her within, and driving back to All Hallows.

J
    Jak

Alastair can't stay silent any longer. "Miss Mariel! Are you all right?"

Before Michael can resist Fenix's attempts, Mariel slaps Fenix weakly and ineffectively, with no more force than that of a child. Stop it! she whispered hoarsely and furiously.

Alastair will take me home, and you will take Michael there. Do we have enough time to get there safely? Mariel looks at Michael's watch, expecting it to be around 4:30 in the morning. She is shocked to discover that it is only 1:45. That's not possible.

We all have to talk. I'll see you there, she rasped to Fenix, dismissing him to take Michael back to the church.

What have I done?

J
    Jak

Alastair agrees with Mariel's reprimand and is glad to take her home himself. He takes her hand and carries her toward the door. "I'm just glad to see you're all right, Miss Mariel. I have to say I was worried. Here, give me your keys." When they reach the car, he walks her around to the passenger's side and opens the door for her. He helps her in, then gets in the driver's seat. As he drives them back to the church, he takes a few concerned glances at his sire. She seemed so weak.

Samael's presence was almost intoxicating. Letting even Michael's chill death feel warm.
    He almost growled a little when Fenix laid his hands on Mariel. If there was anything abominable in the club it was holier than thou church boy. He would probably beat her. Michael felt like hitting him for just touching her but he had his hands full.
    He was surprised when she spoke, she hardly seemed up to talking right now.
    He glared a second at Fenix before going past him to Alastair. He was unsure whether the Childe could carry her so instead he let him lead Michael to the car to gently put Mariel in.
    He then followed church boy back to the Haven.

Kharn

Fenix riles at the slap for just a second. Who does she think she is? By rights, and on my authority I would be well served by punishing her here and now, for falling to such influences so willingly.... Damnit all if I dont care about her! Fenix thinks, seeing the weak, battered and bruised Mariel and starting to realise that despite her faults, he was beginning to care for her as more than just a covenant member.

He doesn't fight, allowing Michael to take her to the car, then he walks over to his. The drive to All Hallows is one rife with many many thoughts running through Fenix's mind.

As Mariel, Michael, Alastair and Fenix leave, they run into David Smith, who was finally able to worm his way in through the crowds. They can hear the sirens of emergency vehicles in the distance - fire trucks responding to the fire alarm, most likely - but they are able to get away before the authorities arrive.

Scene closes. Action continues in "A Drop By the Church," already in progress.

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread