Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

"Alright," Dillon begins just as a noticeable silence falls following the previous activity. "Chi Sao. By the way, I'm skipping straight to this sort of thing to hopefully interest you all into learning something exciting, that is also incredibly useful. With Mister McCann's help, I hope to show you just how useful and exciting."

Turning to Cal, Dillon raises his guard, but with open hands. If and when Cal meets forearms with his, the Gangrel speaks lower. A conversational volume, rather than an instructional one. "Let's just work it up as fast as we can, and give 'em a good show, first. Alright?"

This will be a teamwork roll. Dillon is the primary actor, as it will allow us the maximum possible pool (and place all of the pressure on me), so Callum McCann , you roll first: Dexterity + Brawl; Kung-Fu specialties apply. Cal's successes will add to Dillon's roll.

The end result will be a Wing Chun display with epicness in direct proportion to the number of successes gained!
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

S
    Sabeleth

Callum is the perfect partner for Dillon Connery 's display, with an epic level of skill.

Callum's contribution to Dillon's Wing Chun display (6 successes)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-21 10:54:32 Callum McCann rolls 9 to Kung Fu display with Dillon (Dex+Brawl+Spec) (10 Again) 6, 8, 8, 8, 10, 7, 8, 4, 3, 8 6 successes

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Well, at least it didn't fail...
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-02 09:33:12 Dillon Connery rolls 16 to Wing Chun Demonstration; Dex + Brawl + Spec + Teamwork (10 Again) 6, 2, 4, 6, 4, 4, 7, 7, 5, 8, 6, 6, 9, 4, 7, 9 3 successes

The skill of both fighters is evident as Dillon and Callum's arms and shoulders begin to blur. Every attack meets a forearm, every block rolls into a counter attack, and the two men trade advances and retreats. They circle at times, but there is never a loss of contact. Locked in combat as they are, they begin to eliminate the barrier between striking and grappling, doing both at the same time.

For several seconds, it is furiously fast, and the look of concentration across Dillon's eyes is tempered by a slight excitement in his smile. It isn't as good as it could have been, he knows, but it is good. And it isn't Callum's fault at all, the Daeva is as superb as his reputation. But Dillon is a little tense. Perhaps it is the strain of responsibility and hard work weighing down on him, but he is too tight; too rigid. Though no one else may see it, it will be apparent to the skilled combatants.

Decent visual analog

It works out for the best, though. The exercise, when performed with another fighter of professional skill level, is extremely fun. The Gangrel Deputy is obviously more relaxed as they come to a natural finish, grinning broadly and openly. He gives Cal a formal bow, one fist against the others' palm, before adding a friendly slap to his shoulder.

Man, I needed that.

"Okay, excellent."
    He looks around, addressing everyone else. "I hope that was a good demonstration on how these techniques are naturally applied. Because that wasn't Hollywood choreography; we had no real idea which step the other would take next, and that's one of the advantages of developing Chi Sao. You don't have to.

"When you've developed your Chi Sao enough, you begin to get the feel for the flow of the movements. That is, you can even block and counterattack easily without having to even look at your opponent."
    Which Dillon will also be happy to demonstrate, and suspects that Cal might as well.

Here, Dillon will begin actually breaking down the drill into three parts, encouraging the others to pair up and follow along. The other advantage to the little demo he'd just performed is that Cal is obviously more than qualified to help him correct and give advice to the others while they practice.

Good instructor, bad audio
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

S
    Sabeleth

Callum was impressed. Dillon's display was a little off, sure, but you wouldn't know unless you were at an advanced level of training and frankly it was often harder to teach people you knew in a situation like this. It was something of a revelation to see the Deputy so happy, and Cal couldn't help but follow the man's grin with a broad one of his own. He greatly enjoyed returning Dillon's formal bow, and was almost taken aback when the guy slapped him encouragingly on the shoulder, though he concealed his surprise at the stoic Deputy's enthusiasm.

Well now, that's more like it. Callum felt like he was actually part of something now, rather than just the new guy in town. He kept that thought to himself.

As the others paired up to practice Callum helped out by going around the pairs and giving encouragement and advice. Once they were all getting into it he moved over to stand next to Dillon. "This was a fantastic idea Mr Connery, thanks for letting me help out."

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil's eyebrows went up in an impressed fashion as he observed the speed and skill of the Deputy and the Daeva. He could only imagine the damage a man could do with such things, enhanced by the powers of the Blood. Strength and speed, all of that could so easily be theirs with training and dedication...

Useful tools, to be sure. But not to be had by Dr. Kingsley in droves anytime soon. His focus lay elsewhere. He participated actively, willingly, his basic fighting skills nothing in comparison to what he had just seen. But he definately appreciated the opportunity to see new things.

Nodding thankfully to Callum and Dillon for their instruction and correction, Neil fell in for the next lesson.

OOC

Zack Griffiths
    Invictus Gangrel

Blood Potency 1
    Aspect of the Predator
    Presence 2
    (quietly stares, speaks calmly)

Zach gives a low whistle, one of admiration, and is impressed by the display. That would be hell to live through...

Zach is smiling visibly now, very interested in the training being offered. Zach makes a mental note to ask the Deputy for some training later. As a matter of fact....

"That was an impressive display, boys. Nice form, both of you. But what about something a little more introductory? I have some boxing and brawling basics that I could teach, if anyone is interested...." Zach trails off, looking to the others, his eyes asking the question 'anyone up some something a little more simple?'
    Zach Griffiths Invictus Gangrel
    BP 1 Presence 2 (quiet and calm)
    [Center]"Zachary speaking" [I][COLOR="#009900"]Zachary thinking[????????
    Destiny has two ways of crushing us - by refusing our wishes, and by fulfilling them. - Henri Frederic Amiel

Allison Black

Allison Black

Daeva •• | Domain • | Unaligned

BP •• |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP •••(•)
    Current Scenes

[Sac Noir]
    Vitae 4
    WP 3/4
    -Nightlife Active

+2
    SL
    PRE

A-f'in-mazing... Allison thought to herself, though her mouth hanging open with surprise and amazement spoke the details of her thoughts.

Watching and doing were two totally different things, though. When it came to the actually practicing sticky hands, Allison had great difficulty. It was hard to place down a single thing that she was doing wrong as there were several. Her general understanding of how a opponent would act to attack and how to block or how to lunch an attack and follow up with another seemed severely lacking. Still, though, there was excitement in her eyes and a smile on her lips the whole time. She knew she sucked, but she was still having fun and learning.

When Zach spoke she gave a soft giggle as "More my speed...," went through her mind...
    Allison Black
    Daeva •• | Domain •• | Unaligned
    BP •• |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP 3/4

"Our eyes they cannot see..."
    "They're wasted on people just like me..."

Played by Whisper

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha tried to join in with the Kung-Fu exercise and did a fair job. Clearly there was a way to go to attain the fluency of motion seen in the others. But her smile told she would relish the study.

With eager nods Martha looked to joining the boxing too. The chance to study so many styles in this atmosphere was one thing that made it so rich an evening.

"Yes..yes, please, sir...that sounds splendid! I should wish to join in with that, if I may!"

I think we'll close this in a day or two, I realised we've worked hard on these martial studies since July! I hope we can open a new thread at the end of September!
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread