Ended
Watch

Autumn Court Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    K
    Kazakin

Danny had expected the late arrival to be Rick, somehow held up, and found himself surprised that it was a newcomer. So surprised that for a moment, he didn't say anything, and then realised that realistically he probably should be saying something, because he was one of the handful of titled Court members available.

"W-welcome to Sacramento, K-Kassidy," he stuttered. Beneath the table, one multi-jointed hand clenched into a fist.

Damnit! For God's sake! I can do this, I can do this...

Stuttering happens!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-07 09:30:00 Danny Tongs rolls 8 to Presence 2 + Expression 3 + Mantle 3 5, 1, 1, 5, 7, 7, 5, 6 failure

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Once Kassidy has spoken, Terri gave the Fairest a warm smile before looking at the final member of the Court to introduce himself.

Just waiting for Jdcarr87 . If there's no post in 24 hours, I'll continue onwards
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

S
    Sev

"Glad to be here," Kass said quietly back to Danny, flashing him a mercurial grin. Now that the initial nervousness had passed, and the meeting was moving on from her interruption, she was feeling much more welcome. Her first impression of the court definitely wasn't what she had expected it to be, but it did tell her that she hadn't made a mistake coming here. She reclined deeper in her chair and, wanting to settle in, she followed the direction of Terri's gaze and looked to Jordan.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

As the silence lingered on for long enough, Terri just gave a polite smile before looking away from Jordan and towards the assembled Court. Taking a mental note, she then took a steadying breath, placing her forearms on the table and interlocking her fingers.

"Thank you all for coming but I will not beat around the bush, it would not do anyone any justice in the matter," Terri said, her voice serious with all trace of a smile gone. Perhaps it was because she was concentrating on not crying.

"King Pereg has left the Freehold on business. I would like to explain further but even I do not know the manner of his business. With that the case, and the coming of the Autumn coronation only a few weeks away, we, as a Court, must decide upon a new Sovereign."

Once concluded, Terri looked around the gathered Autumn Court, waiting for anyone to react, to ask questions or anything else she could help with.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

D
    Decibelle

Jessica speaks up as if the solution is the most obvious thing in the world - and, to be frank, it is. Perhaps that's why she doesn't feel nervous at being the first to speak up on the subject after the brief silence. "Well, I think you'll do a really fine job, Miss Terri." It was obvious. The Envoy had quickly filled in the gap left by Mr. Rick's departure, and considering the only other one close to her Mantle was the witch nearby - at least the only she'd noticed, and someone she was far from likely to suggest.
    The Changeling folded her hands on her lap, glancing at the Court briefly, before speaking up again, as if defensively. "Unless anyone else has a nomination," she murmured.

And, of course, the nervous little girl was quietly thinking, as well, even in her own, childlike way. Anyone who spoke up would likely have to agree, increasing the chance of Terri being the Sovereign - and if they did, she'd have been the first to speak, which just meant Terri would like her more. It was just like high school, all over again, manipulating all her friends in the coven. Of course, this isn't high school any more, and while steering the conversation slightly, it seems that Jessica doesn't have quite the same control she thinks she does...

One success.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-10 06:34:37 Black Jessica rolls 2 to + Mantle (10 Again) 7, 6 failure
    2012-09-10 06:33:37 Black Jessica rolls 6 to Guiding the Conversation (Manipulation + Socialize) (10 Again) 3, 4, 6, 5, 9, 4 1 success

King Pereg was out on business? Stripes drummed his claws together nervously. Could that business have anything to do with why he vanished so suddenly out on the West Side?

Before the tiger can ask, Jessica speaks up. The tiger pauses in his own words and thinks things over. Terri certainly is very likeable, she always had a friendly smile for anyone in the Autumn Court. Jess had raised other good points as well, what with Terri already stepping up to fill the gap.

"She has a good point," Stripes says, pointing to Jessica. "I'd vote for Terri too."

The thoughts of asking about Rick's disappearance are gone now. Stripes' attention is now focused on the impromptu nomination and election process.

J
    Jdcarr87

(OOC oh crap sorry I didn't get an email notification >_<)

Jordan stands up and introduces himself in a very professional manor,"My name is Jordan i just got back in to Sacramento from training in Israel. I guess you can call me muscle or what have you. If any one needs work to be done please talk to me after this meeting. I have been apart of the Autumn court over there for a while but I plan on making my self some what noticed here."

T
    Tyladhras

Pereg just took off? True Terri had seemed more than a little bit distracted at the Summer festival but even this was beyond Serreth's formidable intuition. That's going to make things awkward... He thought.

Serreth raises an eyebrow as Jessica speaks up before anyone else. He looks around the room and stops on a Jessica for just a moment longer than anyone else.
      What's her game?
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-11 00:20:57 Serreth rolls 5 to Perception (10 Again) 7, 6, 10, 9, 3, 8 3 successes

She had a point, Terri was the natural succession but their was just something... sycophantic... about the way she said it. It didn't sit well with the huge elemental. Keep an eye on that one. He thought quietly to himself.

He frowned at no one in particular for the briefest second before speaking up himself.

"Well not to put too fine a point on it, from what I've seen of Ms. Nutkins in my brief time here, again the marriage-neutral term - not only just Serreth's way of being polite but also now being careful - "she has proven a true friend of the freehold and a capable leader. I believe genuinely she would make a fine monarch.

Serreth's words were loud, clear and genuine as he addressed the group. He had a lot of respect for Terri and the giant wasn't afraid to let it show. She might not be as fear-orientated as some Autumn monarchs but he had seen other Autumn courts slip too far in the other direction. Occult academia was much safer... relatively speaking...

"If you'll permit me Ms. Nutkins, if you would be willing to take the post it would seem the simplest and thus most effective solution." He gestured to Terri before the assembled Ashen Court.

"All those in favour, say 'aye'."

K
    Kazakin

Danny almost jerked to his feet in surprise at the news.

Sure, he'd been awkwardly trying to work himself up to talking to the Autumn King, but he'd never expected this. Not... not even after Rick had run out on them at the Dockyards. That was one thing, but running out on the whole Court?

The Smith froze, just... staring, trying to work himself around what he was hearing.

I see what you did there
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-11 06:43:06 Danny Tongs rolls 9 to Wits 4 + Empathy 2 + Mantle 3 (10 Again) 4, 6, 2, 5, 10, 7, 6, 9, 3, 6 2 successes

And then the new Autumn engaged in a piece of the most sycophantic, opportunistic manipulation he'd ever seen.

"This isn't an opportunity to jockey for status!"

For a moment, the Wizened wondered who'd said that, was about to agree with them, and then realised it had been him. And that he was actually on his feet, odd shadows flickering over the wall behind him, candelight dancing across his pallid skin. He was shaking.

He was suddenly aware that he was extremely angry.

This was a relatively new emotion for Danny, who generally lived on his own nerves.

"Yes, Terri should be Queen. Because she's been here longest, because she understands the Court and cares about the people in it. Because there isn't a person here who wouldn't support her. Not so that someone can stand there and think they'll get the pick of the bones that's left afterwards. How dare you try and take advantage? Have you no shame?"

He wasn't shouting, but it was worse because he wasn't.

J
    Jdcarr87

Jordan remains silent as he takes in every ones responses. He is carefully watching every ones body language as well as facial expression. Jordan also knows that he is a new comer and yet to earn his spot in this specific court.

QuoteQuote:
    Studying every ones response to the news perception check1, 2, 10, 5, 4, 5

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread