Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
A Worrying Text

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"When and why did he say this?" Terri asked, thinking back to her own time spent with Aldamoth. Initially, she had thought him to be an okay guy but to accuse Rook of not caring for the Freehold's security was...well, pretty suicidal, actually.

"I'm guessing Aldamoth is still breathing?"

Sure, it was a joke. Sorta.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

K
    Kazakin

"Of course he's still breathing. If my control was that poor, I wouldn't allow myself around other people," Rook said, flexing his riveted fingers slightly. His mouth flickered into a slight grim half-smile. "Besides, if I reacted by ploughing someone into the ground for criticising me, then I'd be one step closer to that criticism being deserved. Don't worry. I didn't put a hand on him."

The blaze of his mantle was dying down slowly, and the rigidity was fading, as much as it ever did. He was relaxing.

"I'm not certain what provoked it - it was a short time ago, he met me in the bar after telling me he wanted to talk regarding the security of the Freehold. I assumed it was... I don't know, a favour he wanted. Something he'd found that he couldn't cope with. Instead, he started asking me how the Freehold organised their patrols, demanding that I give him all the details," the Constable said, his voice faintly peturbed. "Spoke about an old Freehold of his that sounded like some military installation. I told him we don't work like that, and that he should probably speak to Rick about patrolling the Hedge. He took umbrage - actually tried to intimidate me. I'm honestly not sure what he thought he could achieve, but he... effectively demanded that I should be running this place as if it was my army. As if I had the authority to do any of that, or to order the other Courts to obey me."

The Constable's expression was serious.

"I think someone should keep an eye on him, Terri. There's... something inside him that's not screwed in place right."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri listened and shook her head as she did so, casting her eyes downward as she thought. Finally, she looked back up to Rook.

"I'll inform Rick of Alda's...sleight, and see what he would like to do. I'm guessing he won't be best pleased," Terri said, the weight of the Wyrd heavy for once. She had always gotten on with so many people, hearing about others criticising someone who had proved their worth more than once seemed abhorrent to the Harvest Envoy. Maybe she was just being naive.

"In any event, Rook, you have my word that I'll sort out this mess."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

K
    Kazakin

Rook nodded. He appreciated Terri's response, and of course, it was entirely up the Autumn Court how they dealt with it. In his opinion, it was up to the Leaden Mirror to choose how to escalate it, and if that meant a quiet word from the Legate, that was fine. If it meant nothing happened, or it that meant Rick chewing him out, that was fine too- the important thing was that it was never Rook who responded for the others.

"I appreciate that, Terri. I'm sure whatever happens, you'll deal with it as suits you," the Constable said simply. "I'm glad this isn't an opinion the rest of the Ashen Court share."

Description

PRE

"As far as I'm aware, its not," Terri said honestly. "Despite the various Courts and each of our own customs and ways, I don't believe there should be any place for bad apples on the freehold's tree," she said in only the way she could for a steepscrambler. "I don't like bad apples," Terri added with a wry grin.

K
    Kazakin

"No, nor do I," Rook said, his faint, corner of the mouth smile flicking at his lips. The intensity was still there, but it was his usual, quiet intensity, instead of the cold burn of restrained anger. "Let's hope this one is just bruised." He paused, thinking for a moment.

"Stretched that metaphor too far,"
    he added, with a half-shrug. "But you know what I mean."

Description

PRE

"Yeah, no bruising, please," Terri chuckled before asking, "While we're talking about it, are there any other concerns you have that I can help with, Rook?"

K
    Kazakin

"This is why I avoid metaphors," Rook said, sighing as if the weight of the world were on his metaphorical shoulders. "They just confuse things." He smiled faintly at the corner of his mouth, and shook his head.

"No. You know me. I deal with things as they come up."

Description

PRE

Terri grinned as she pushed herself away from the table and stood straight.

"Cool. Obviously, I'll keep you informed of anything that comes out of this."

Unless Rook had anything else to add, Terri says her farewells and departs the conference room, and the hotel itself.

K
    Kazakin

"Thank you," Rook said simply, giving Terri a nod. "I'll see you around, Terri."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread