Ended
Watch
21 - 29
DISPLAYED
Wonderful Life (Open)

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Miach

PRE

Miach was so focused on his class that it took a second for Jack's statement to sink in. Right, Dr Primoria is back. I'll have to see her at the earliest opportunity. Ah yes, right. Well, later then.

The tall Acanthus turned back to his "students" of sort, who tallied two mystagogues, an Arrow, and two of his cabalmates. It was a start, at least.

So... back on track, then.

I have a structure in mind, to cover as much ground as possible and still make sense. So first, I'll start with a cursory glance about the history of the biosphere, that you can all fathom the depth and reach of what I call Life. Then, I'll quickly move up the evolution ladder, from bacteria to plants, then animals, and man at last, giving you each time some elements to compare those scales. This will be the first hour or so, and believe me, it will be short. I'll then show you what is the Reality of this for us Awakened, in the Realm of the Primal Wild, and how the sleepers knowledge can relate to ours. And then I'll finish this session with a very first, and rough, crash course on "how to save someone dying in front of me".

The mystagogue looked at his comrades to see how well-received was his proposal, and quickly added as he spotted some faces.

Of course, we can discuss it, I want you to feel interested in what I'm saying. I'm open to discussion on the content, or its structure. I should just warn you that I feel each of those elements are necessary, the parts of a whole that makes sense only when it's taken together. But it doesn't mean we can't focus here or there more, if you'd like.

He took his bottle of water, and gulped some as he waited for the feedback from his audience.

Idun

PRE

Idun listens, a lot of it gets it right about what Life influences and knows that this may be just the first lesson that Miach will be doing upon this section of magic, so they'll likely cover the organisms in a lot more detail at a later date. But then, this is Miach's class and he can decide how to approach the subject. She reminds herself.

Miach

PRE

Since no one seemed to have any complaints, the Acanthus proceeded with his lesson as planned, and started describing the biosphere, in layman terms for this first time.

The biosphere covers all the relationships between the living organisms on Earth. Think of something easy, like: the more foxes there are, the less rabbits survive. But the less rabbits there are, the less foxes can be sustained in a given place. So with the decrease in foxes numbers, rabbits can now thrive again, and so on, and so on. Of course, this is the simplest example, and it's not quite true, but it can give you an idea of the beauty, and complexity, of life.

During a quarter of an hour, Miach tried to convey the intricacies of the many sides of life, but with brode strikes mostly. This was not an ecology class after all, but it was a given that they needed to understand it, at least roughly. Everything had consequences, and it would be the same with Magic influencing Life.

OK, this was just a rough sketch of the interactions between the facets of life. Now, I'll start to describe the various components of it, starting as I said from bacteria, and upward until man. And then we can make a coffee break, of course. Is it fine for you ? Do you already have questions ? You can interrupt me, you know.

As he let his words sink in, he took some more water. I hope they find it interesting. I have to find a way to make it interesting for them.

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••

+1
    SL
    PRE

Toby listens, trying to follow Miach, but, science was not really her strong point in school. But, she does her best to focus, taking a small notepad from her purse so she could make a quick reference to anything she did not understand. She was content to just sit and listen, taking a quick glance around the room when he asked if anyone had any questions.
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

Miach

PRE

Since no one had any questions about his first broaching on the biosphere, Miach moved on, following his plan. He then started emphasizing how cells are the most basic component of life, and that he would get back to it. Then he moved up the evolution ladder, with bacteria, unicellular organism, to moss, plants, basic insects. The Acanthus handed his students various samples for them to see what he meant, as well as ample copies of schemes from books.

It took longer for him than he had planned, but he had gotten carried away when emphasizing how each of those samples was in such and such respect very much comparable to humans. He had just time to broach the topic of lesser life forms when it was time for the meat of the course, the Life arcana teaching.

Alright ladies and gentlemen. I'm sorry I didn't manage to stick to the schedule, but anyway, we'll go into more details later on. Now is the time for me to show you how this applies to the wonderful Life arcana, and how to use it wisely. But before that, I suggest we make a short break. Anyone want a coffee ? If you have comments, you don't have to wait. Up to you.

As for himself, he wanted another cappuccino, and started toward the distributor.

Miach

PRE

OOC

Miach

PRE

Returning with his coffee in hand, Miach started chatting with the willworkers around him. Soon, they were back on track, and he casually depicted various aspects of the Life Arcana, especially focusing on its link to the three ranks of life in the biosphere, though he made it clear it was an Arcana that could be used for healing, transformation, enhancement, and much more else beside. What's there not to like in it, I ask you ? Once they had seen an application each of Knowing, Compelling and Unveiling, he moved on to the last topic, but not least in his mind: emergency care.

He quickly presented the main ways a body could die: blood loss, heart or lung failure, and some more, taking examples from the various attendees. Relying on them, he presented the quickest, dirtiest ways to stop a body from dieing. There was much practical know-how into his course, and that was how he liked it.

Once over, Miach took questions while seeping some more coffee, and tried once again to convey his >Lust for life<. Please live !!!

OOC

Idun

PRE

Idun doesn't have any questions and glances about the room, wondering what the others are thinking concerning this lesson.

OOC

Miach

PRE

OOC

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread