DISPLAYED
(1206) Summer Coronation

Page 3 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias and Larry continue Here

K
    Kazakin

Danny shuffled into the Freehold Commons, clutching his cane. The heat didn't agree with him at all, and his candlelight mantle glimmered in the air around him. His long coat hung limply in the heat. He wasn't sweating yet.

That was unfortunately the only good thing he could think of. Yet.

This was going to be Hell.

He smiled awkwardly at the various people around, and skuttled for the buffet. The Smith almost missed Winter, but that wasn't really true.

Ice could burn with the cold, too.

p
    panik

Sporting a well cut bronze tailleur to celebrate Summer’s arrival, Abigail enters the Hollow Commons treating any changeling she crosses with a friendly smile. Peaking from the bottom of her trousers are a pair of red high heels and, to complement the over all look, she has bundled her long golden hair in a chignon, held together by a matching red metal pin.

Hoping to beat the usual traffic and cue Abigail immediately heads to Mrs Rosemary’s gorgeous buffet. Being very picky, it takes her a while before her plate is finally full of delicous exotic food but when it finally is the fariest sits at one of the empty tables and quietly starts eating.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Really guys? Ah well, L'aire and admirers continue here...
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Another year and, for once, it looks like we've had a Summer Sovereign who has actually lasted!" Terri joked as she and Rick ( Lesingnon ) entered the Throne Room of the Four Seasons, the Harvest Envoy beaming, her arm tucked within the comfort and always dependable arm of her husband. Their Mantles may be at different ends of the Leaden Mirror spectrum but somehow, they seemed to dance around each other in a perfect balance of the building and enevitable storm. Wearing a short, red, cocktail dressspecially made by one of her designer friends, along with her red hedgespun gloves, Terri had tried to dress for Summer and show the respect that Court deserved, having come to an understanding with the Crimson Spear.

Spotting Spartan already present, Terri looked to her husband. "Let's go say hi to Spartan before he gets swamped," the redheaded Beast suggested as she guided them to the Summer King. Reaching the Ogre, Terri grinned. "So, one whole year, Spartan? Congratulations on surviving."

An obvious joke but for anyone who had been around as long as the trio gathered, it held merit.

Terri's Dress
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

L
    LadyVictris

Now a sworn-in member of the Freehold, John enters the room a little more confidently than the last event. Dressed more comfortably too, in a light outfit suitable for the weather.

Smiling at those he recognises, the Darkling heads to the buffet.

JUNO MANTISERRA

Juno walked into the decorated hall, her blue eyes scanning for familiar faces.

The Draconic had decided to dress for what was probably going to be an event where the heat was going to be turned up in the throne room. Her attire for the evening consisted of a grey t-shirt with the Element logo on it, a pair of faded black jeans that were fraying at the cuffs, and a military style skater hat turned backwards. While it wasn't exactly formal, dresses were out of the question for her, and to be honest she wanted to be more comfortable than seen.

Juno continued her visual examination for familiar and interesting faces. And she found one.

Marcus.

How long had it been since she had last spoken with the Metalflesh? How long had she held on to her private thoughts of interest but had never really acted on them, or even spoken to Marcus about her feelings. Her tail raised slightly in an old familiar manner as she considered that perhaps she would cross that bridge this evening, or should she wait since her affections had always been from afar, and it would look - peculiar - for her to suddenly pledge her interest in someone whom she had not spoken with for the better part of a year.

And then she saw Marcus turn away and approach a much more attractive Fairest. Juno could feel her Desire to approach Marcus weaken before she could even act on it.

For a long moment the Manticoress stood there, struggling to keep her expression neutral. No one needed to know that she had just had the carpet jerked out from beneath her feet.

Of course he's going to speak with her. I'm not at all attractive to anyone, and who wants to be with a girl who looks more masculine than half of the men in this room?

Without a word Juno made her way to one of the tables where she couldn't see the social interactions taking place between the Fairest girl and her increasing circle of admirers. Noticing that she wasn't alone, she noticed the woman playing cards. Tilting her head to one side, the Manticoress contemplated that this was the person who had passed out knives at a long-ago Spring Coronation she would much rather forget.

Funny thing. She no longer cared about that. It had all sorted itself out in the end, and now all that was left for Juno was to get her own house in order.

"I'm not bothering you if I sit here, am I?"

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Clare stepped into the Hollow Commons with a slight frown on her face and a silver chain wrapped in her fingers. She was later than she had wanted to be - not because she spent any significant amount of type picking out the Yellow top, green skirt, and sandals that made up her outfit, but rather because she couldn't put on necklaces worth a damn.

She never really played dress-up as a girl, preferring to terrorize/run with the boys in her neighborhood, and once she was old enough to care about her appearance, she avoided necklaces and earrings because damn it if they wouldn't hurt a bitch when torn off, and it would be inevitable that they'd be torn off in a fight.

But this one isn't just any piece of pretty bauble. And that was how she spent half an hour getting thoroughly trumped by a thin silver chain and stone as blue as an icy gaze or clear winter sky.

She gave nods to the people she knew - Spartan, Rook, Anya, Juno, Danny Tongs, and Marcus - before her eyes landed on the Bar and the Lost gathered there - specifically, Dominyk Prise , and then his arm around some guy's waist.

Her brain - her crazy instinct to thank him for the necklace and greet him in one go - everything stutters to a halt for several moments, even her feet. She nearly trips, tilting forward from momentum before catching herself and continuing.

Hell. What. The. What is he doing with his arm around a guy's waist after he left me this? Oh hell, that's Perry too. What the fuck, Dom. And I was looking forward to 'thanking' you. shit. Shit.

The ogress carries on to the bar, and Dominyk, with a sigh and gritted teeth. He'd at least be able to put the damn necklace on her.

Clare heads to This Scene

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Summer was Summer, and you never knew what to expect from Summer. Some of these things ended up in wind sprints, others ended up with Rust being... Rust. Hopefully he was rusted motionless in a litter box somewhere waiting for an oil can.

He'd dressed the part: lime shorts and white linen shirt.

Nightfall glanced at the food. Always food, he'd always found it ironic. Did any fairy story end well for the people that ate and drank stuff? No.

He skipped past is to the giant form of Swilla and gave him a solid shoulder-butt and held out a fist.

"Give me dap, you big scaly bitch."

They'd always have Capitol Park.

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Alright, now that life is straightened out, it is time to go mingle once again with my friends and my brothers- and sisters-in-arms, thinks the elven woman as she strides into the Four Seasons, nodding with a brief smile to Mr. Bates as she passes him on her way to the Freehold Commons.

Xerxia enters the room, dressed in her standard battle attire to commemorate her sovereign's season: a maroon, knee-length tunic with slits down both sides starting at the hips, a pair of dark leggings, a leather corset-like piece of armor goes over the tunic, and matching leather gloves and boots. Her dark, long, curly hair is held up and back by a maroon hair-tie in a single ponytail to keep it out of her vision, though a few stray strands managed to get missed by the arresting accessory.

Spotting her Autumnal friends already engaging with her king, the Fairest makes her way over to them with a beaming smile.

"Terri, Rick! It's good to see you!" she says brightly. She then composes herself and bows to Spartan. "Your Highness. I'm sorry for my inactivity of late. As your right hand, I should have at least informed you of my inability to perform my duties."

Page 3 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread