Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1205) Dillon and Daedalus

The young Haunt clenched his jaw as a new Beast appeared on his radar, forcing back the urge to flee. He had survived his meeting with the more potent Madame Maskelyne, and he assured the eyeless animal within that he intended to survive this one, to boot.

"Yes, Madame Maskelyne is a most charming individual" replied the low and quiet voice, his right eye squinting at the Kindred before him "My apologies, Sir, but I don't believe we have been introduced" he said as he extended his right hand, the left leaning heavily on his cane "Daedalus Vathek, of the Ordo Dracul" ending with a polite bow of his head towards his new-found companion.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

"You're right, we haven't," the Gangrel says amicably, accepting the handshake. His grip is firm without being crushing; simply respectful. "And I mean to rectify that. Dillon Connery. Deputy of the Domain, Deacon of the Lancea Sanctum, and Gangrel Priscus." The titles don't come out with any sort of pomp or arrogance. Dillon is just giving proper information.

Not knowing if Daedalus had spoken to any Kindred before Court, Dillon nods as he releases the man's hand. "What brings you to Sacramento, Mister Vathek?"

And here's hoping he does better than the last Nosferatu that walked into Court claiming to be a Dragon. But Daedelus already seems to have more sense between his ears than Alexander... Schneider? Schmidder? Sh-- Oh, whatever Patches' last name was.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Daedalus matches the firm grip, before quietly responding with "It is good to meet you, Deputy Connery. I hope this evening finds you well."

"My Work with the Ordo Dracul has kept me in transit for sometime, Deputy Connery, Sacramento was just the next city in my path. Madame Seneschal Donovan has given me leave to stay here awhile" he paused for a moment, before quietly adding "I think I shall take her up on the offer."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

"So far so good," Dillon answers nonchalantly about hoe well the evening is finding him. No sense in recounting the embarrassing case of mistaken identity outside. Thanks to that lovely gift of masking the Beast, you can't take any young punk wearing fangs for granted.

God, what mortal media and entertainment have done to the Danse.

And for it, actually. Covering up Masq Breaches is easier now than it's been in a whole century, thanks to the ridiculous drug culture, and how desensitized people are to the ideas or vampires, and the supernatural in general.

It makes it hard to instruct a ghoul, though. And some neonates are downright unbearable.

None of those thoughts are detectable on Dillon's face, though. Or even in his voice. "I know how that is. I've been more or less a nomad until settling down here. I was... attached to the Chicago area for some time, but I still spent a lot of time on the road. I do get the urge to take a trip, now and again, but my responsibilities to this Domain are too important too leave unattended."

The Gangrel hooks his thumbs loosely behind the front pockets, because it is a more relaxed, nonthreatening posture. It doesn't restrict him from bringing his hands up in an instant though, like stuffing them in his pockets would. "Ah, so you have been Acknowledged by Seneschal Donovan already, good. Have you spoken with your Priscus yet?" Though Dillon is nearly certain Daedalus is Nosferatu, he doesn't assume so by naming any names. "Or the head of the Ordo Dracul in this city, Mister Max Heinz? Herald Villiers is also a Dragon, I'm sure she would be delighted to meet another."

One who actually has some manners. Dillon's mind just keep going back to the idiot Tracy nearly staked. Not a good look for the Haunts or the Dragons. Both of which Dillon has developed a lot of respect for.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

"I passed through Chicago, not long ago" he added conversationally in his quiet tone. He understood the pleasure granted by a nomadic existence well, it was but one of many freedoms that his blood was slowly stripping him of.

The Haunt nodded, before quietly responding with "Yes, I have had the opportunity to speak with Priscus Grigoriev. He was most helpful" he paused for a moment, his countenance taking on a minimalistic smile "Ah. I haven't had the opportunity to meet with any of my peers within the Ordo yet. I was rather hoping I would be able meet one this evening, or atleast find some way to contact them in the following nights."

It was more a question than a statement... can you help me?

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Okay. Finally, Dillon thinks he is up to speed on Daedalus' integration with Sacramento thus far. The new Dragon had already spoken to two of the handful of Kindred in the city that the Gangrel holds in the highest regard, and is yet unaware that another of that select group is approaching with Adam York . No offense to Mister York, Dillon just hasn't worked with him very much.

"Good, good. You're already getting along well, then, Mister Vathek. If Grand Wyrm Heinz or Herald Villiers aren't available before the evening is out, I can alert the Herald to you later, so that you can get acquainted with the rest of your Covenant.

"I do see her fairly regularly."

Of course, Daedalus won't get the joke about Dillon's security detail... but he smiles wryly, nevertheless.

Turning to spot, and politely wave down Max Heinz with a subdued raise of his hand, Dillon easily sees Martha and Adam heading their way. "Ah, never mind. Mister Heinz appears to be free, and Herald Villiers is coming this way."

Chrisie

As Martha draws near enough for appropriate conversation, the Deputy offers a deep bow of his head, tilting his shoulders slightly, and casting his gaze to the carpet. Standing straight again, he meets her little smile with a lopsided one of his own. "Herald Villiers, this is Mister Daedalus Vathek, of the Ordo Dracul. I was just about to introduce him to Grand Wyrm Heinz.

"That gentleman over there,"
    Dillon gestures toward Alexei and Josephine with an open hand, "has not been Acknowledged, yet, and will need to at least schedule one before the night has ended."

If there is any reaction on Dillon's face to the hellhound in the back of his mind threatening murderous intent to Adam, it doesn't show. He shoves the thing aside, finding it much easier to ignore when he is busy.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Spying the hand wave from the Deputy, Max makes his way over to Dillon and the others; offering everyone a bow of his head.* Good evening, everyone... *He says softly.*

I
    Irina

Even as he fell into step beside the Herald, and approached the Deputy, the unfamiliar Kindred and Max, he felt somewhat out of place; almost as though he were intruding. These people had been here longer than he had, and had earned their place in the Domain. It was easy to feel somewhat insignificant in comparison.

That sort of dented the Daeva's pride - but, Herald Villiers had invited him to greet the others with her and that softened the denting a little bit.

Adam gave a quick, pleasant smile and inclined his head in a respectful manner to Deputy Connery. He offered a polite, "good evening," to each but apart from that waited to let Martha speak.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha hobbled over and smiled cheerily to greet the new arrival and Dillon too. Offering a respectful nod of the head as she rested hard on her cane. She gripped all the harder at her cane as she managed to control her Beast while trying to understand the sensation of disquiet that had come over her. Wondering if it was thoughts of mourning and loss or a sensation of impending violence so close to a new Beast, it was hard to tell.

With a friendly enough tone, she said; "Good evening, Deputy Connery! It is good to see you, sir...and who, pray tell, is this fine gentleman?" she asks, clearly meaning Daedalus. She gripped harder at her cane and shuffled her prosthetic leg a little uneasily, trying to get her precautionary balance secure.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

"That would be appreciated, Deputy Connery" he said quietly, simply arranging a meeting before the evening was out was quite enough for the young Haunt. A line of thought which lost momentum when the Deputy noted that both the Grand Wyrm and the Herald seemed to be free at this time.

"Good evening, Sirs, Herald Villiers. I am Daedalus Vathek, Dedicated Supplicant of the Pain. A pleasure to make your acquaintance" remarked the quiet voice to nobody in particular. His Beast lashed out at one of the two gentlemen, seeking to impose dominance, but felt nothing from the other, or from the Herald. He kept his face expressionless, bowing his head to the Herald, and then to the person he presumed was the Grand Wyrm.

Closed Thread