Ended
Watch
41 - 49
DISPLAYED
(Seneschal) Session Hours 3

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor gave Vathek a short nod, the movement looking stark and sudden. It became immediately obvious that until then, the Nosferatu Priscus hadn't moved in the slightest. He didn't tap his fingers, or twitch, or stir at all. It was strange, and not pleasant.

It gave the impression that he was waiting for the slightest slip, before he moved.

And fed.

"Indeed. I have always ensured that the Sanctified place their affiliation with Sacramento as a great part of their Purpose," the Bishop said simply. "Our Covenants and affiliations are desperately important, but the City must not suffer because of it." He shrugged. "There are those who would disagree, but then those individuals tend to find themselves on the end of pointed words."

With Sidor, that was literally true.

It just happened that he could be very pointed.

Daedalus listened, first to the Seneschal and then to his Priscus. The sentiments offered were pleasing to hear. He had seen much chaos, both before and during his travels. It was a state that captured a certain beauty, and held an intrinsic value, even if few would recognise it as such. But none the less, the Haunt found himself thinking that it would be nice to dwell within an ordered domain after so long in chaos. His previous interactions with the other covenants had often been brief, and bloody affairs. He wondered what new insight he would gain through peaceful co-existence.

"I am glad to hear that." He stated reticently after having listened to both the Bishop and the Seneschal. There was little else to say. He appreciated the Seneschals offer of contacting one of his peers, but the Lordess had already done enough for him this evening. He would seek them out in the coming nights. He had acquired a temporary Haven, and a brief understanding of the local political environment, for both his covenant and his clan. He was quite content to finish this meeting here, having accomplished so much so swiftly. But courtesy forbade it.

It was not a matter of this being an Invictus domain. The same courtesy would have bound him to his chair were this a Carthian, or Sanctified city. His reception had been painless, and he might even go as far as to call it warm. To simply jump up and leave after having accomplished his own goals would be selfishly spitting on the hospitality he had received. It was a small matter, and he knew it, but such things were important to the Haunt. Goodwill was repaid in kind. It was not his place to call and end to this meeting, and so he sat silently and unmoving. It was possible they still held some questions, or concerns, regarding his presence.

A
    Ariana Donovan

As uneasy as Ariana felt in the room with the two haunts, she felt a strange comfort from the two of them meeting. The Lordess could not take credit for this accomplishment, but she was pleased the call was made to Sidor and Daedalus would find his way. The new Haunt brought back a memory, not forgotten but carefully hidden in the confines of her mind.

“Wonderful Mr. Vathek. If you have any further questions, you may certainly ask presently. However, my door is always open.” She offered, her voice not hurried but understanding.

“Deputy Greigoriev, once again I thank you for arriving in such short notice. If neither of you have anything further I am sure Mr. Vathek would like to get acquainted with his new surroundings while the night is young.” The Lordess turned to Daedalus as she asked. He may have been vision impaired, but that did not stop her from talking to him.

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor gave the Seneschal a short, polite bow, his left hand pressed to his chest and his head inclined. Then he stood.

"I do not. Mr. Vathek, if I can assist you in getting settled into the city in any other way, please feel free to contact me. If I am not available, Whip Powell will take care of you," the Nosferatu Priscus said simply. The words were careful and level, but when he spoke, there was always that twinge of doubt about what he might have intended to mean.

The lack of eye contact could be terrible for context.

He was however, pleased.

It wasn't every night that a family member showed up and proved to be utterly, entirely sane.

"Thank you, Seneschal Donovan, Priscus Grigoreiv, you have both been most helpful." Remarked the Haunt earnestly, his voice low and quiet. He withdrew a small slip of paper containing his current mobile number from his coat pockets, placing it on the desk "Please, feel free to contact if me there is any need, I am happy to assist however I am able."

His poor vision made social interaction awkward, limiting his capacity to disconcerting context largely to vocal patterns and mannerism. From this distance he could make out the general shape of an individual, but small motions such as facial expression were blurred, if apparent at all. A fact which made his Priscus only slightly more disconcerting than speaking with any other. Yet even if the Haunt's facelessness was not overly terrifying, his mannerisms alone were enough to set the young Morlock on edge.
    However, his face remained impassive, showing no overt sign of discomfort. It too was a simple matter of courtesy for a cousin, one which he had picked up from his frequent visitations to the Warrens beneath other cities.

Carefully, he retrieved the cane leaning on the arm of his chair, gripping it tightly as he slowly rose "If you will excuse me, I shall depart for the evening" followed with a full bow to first the Seneschal, then to his Priscus. He made no other motion, first awaiting confirmation.

A
    Ariana Donovan

“You are welcome Mr. Vathek I am glad we were able to assist you this evening.” The Lordess smiled sincerely. She picked up the number on the desk and wrote it in on her notepad and handed it to Sidor. “Thank you.” Ariana said to Daedalus as he offered his service. Her eyes looked to his briefly. The feeling of the room did not entirely help her shake the look in his eyes, though he could not help it. Yet still, she was reminded of someone.

Nodding at his request. “Of course Mr. Vathek you are free to go, and please feel free to contact me if there is anything you need.” The Lordess looked to Sidor and nodded to him with a soft pleased smile. Of course, she could not help but think another evening of chess was soon in order.

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

"As I said, Mr. Vathek. It is my duty to assist my Family. I look forwards to hearing from you in future nights. Good evening," Sidor replied, his voice tranquil.

In much the same way as a glacier.

And probably about as capable of tearing down a mountain.

The Nosferatu Priscus looked back to Ariana and inclined his head formally to her, his hidden eyes on hers.

"Was there anything else, Seneschal Donovan?"

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana smiled and shook her head to Sidor her fingers softly flexing as they returned to rest on the desk with clasped hands. "Thank you but I believe that is all this evening Deputy Grigoriev. Thank you again for coming to the Avalon and your assistance this evening."

"I hope the both of you have a wonderful evening." She said genuinely and nodded to Daedalus and Sidor as they left her office.

The Lordess was relieved to have met an amiable newcomer once again. Her fingers flexed briefly as she tried to imagine Sidor's expressions throughout the course of the conversation.

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

"And you as well, Seneschal Donovan," Sidor replied, before he bowed once more and stepped out into the Avalon, and then the night, the darkness on his face merging with the shadows.

Sidor exits the scene.

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.