Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 15
DISPLAYED
(1205) Bobby & Chase

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

"Oh, a little bit of this, a little touch of that," Lime non-answered with a grin. "I like music and sometimes I write music, and even rarer than that, sometimes my music becomes a hit for some miming celebrity." He shrugged, still smiling. "So, as you can see, I lke social media to keep and eye on those that like to murder my songs."

"How...interesting," answered Chase uncertainly. Had he simply dodged the question? What sort of career was designed around pursuing celebrities for the content they performed? He ventured a guess, "Copywrite infringement then? Then I imagine the internet would be of immense importance to you, since much of the piracy that goes on swim in those channels."

In fact, to Chase's knowledge, the entertainment industry alone contributed a majority of the lobbying funds in anti-piracy legislation. Often the result was that the entertainment industry became pitted against the tech industry over the issue. This Lord had no intention of bringing up that conflict in case his guess was a correct one.

"What? Oh no! Sorry, sir, you've got the wrong end of the stick," Lime apologised, holding up an apologetic hand in apology, because he felt he had something to apologise for.

Because, at the end of the day, Lime was uncertain just whom Mr. Ankers could be and what type of weight he could throw about.

"You could call it of personal interest to me to see how my songs get on and those who chose to sing them, that's all. Obviously, I hold the rights wherever possible but if the right deal comes along, I'll gladly pass the reins."

Chase quirks an eyebrow and twists his lips in confusion. "There's no need to apologize, Mr. Lime, since it's my ignorance at fault. But you are a musician, correct? It just sounded like, being part of the entertainment industry and pursuing those that perform your music, that you might have been preventing misuse of your property." Whatever the case, Chase wasn't informed enough on this point to decide what Mr. Lime's true occupation was.

"I dabble," Lime confirmed with a nod. "As for misusing what I write, once I had over all rights and have been paid for that privelege, I can't really complain."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread