Ended
Watch

The Sunday Meeting (Private)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

With obvious excitement that the plan was met with enthusiasm, Martha smiles to everyone with glee and claps her hands in a gesture of delight. "Goodness! How simply splendid! Splendid!" she coos. "It seems we are in agreement to the general plan!" nodding happily, she addresses Daniella's point, "As to those who do not wish to contribute: I make that point clear in my presentation and Oath Swearing to new arrivals. If they do not wish to contribute, they probably are not fully committed to making their Requiem succeed in this Domain. If they present a threat to security, then they shall be dealt with as they shall have broken their Oath of Fealty. I shall be relying upon you all to be vigilant to threats and risks to security...this safari allows us also one more opportunity to retain constant vigilance over the Domain too! As effective as our cadre of Deputies is, they are not, sadly, omnipresent!" a happy smile. Turning to Dillon she offers a happy smile to him, as if sharing with him her delight at the project. Turning again to Daniella and keeping friendly and innocently sweet eye contact with Chris and Jim too, she says, "I shall leave the actual route plan of the first safari to the three of you to agree upon amongst yourselves. The Bailiff is well aware of the Presentation and is well placed to show the pertinent locations and boundaries remarked upon therein. Now...if Mr Wooding has already given some thought to such a notion, we shall be well served by using that project as solid foundation to building upon too! However, in addition to that essential structure...this is really your opportunity to show new arrivals what you think will benefit and amuse them! When we have two or three newly Acknowledged we can perhaps think about commencing the first safari! If you have alternatives or are eager to commence with helping several of the more recently arrived, I am very happy to see the project underway! Does all that sound reasonable?" she smiles again. Resting her hands meekly in her lap as she cheerfully asks her question.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Taking a seat near the tiny Herald, Dillon crosses a leg and listens intently to the idea, watching for the others' reactions. And a good idea it is. Glad that the others here show their support, the Deputy doesn't echo them. Martha already has his full support, and she knows it.

He returns the smile offered at his lack of omnipresence, but looks away when Martha continues... as though he's hiding a laugh at some inside joke that isn't shared with anyone here. Shifting his weight in a subtle gesture of readjusting his attention, Dillon nods when she is finished. He clears his throat quietly, but it's unnecessary. His low, husky voice is easily heard. "The idea of physically seeing and learning boundaries is very important, not just so that newcomers can better know them, and avoid transgression, but for security reasons as well. I believe Kindred in good standing usually tend to avoid borders between Tenural Domains particularly because it's too easy to cross over them. Whether this is a conscious decision or not doesn't really matter. A smart Poacher will readily exploit those blind spots if we leave them.

"That's exactly why I had Mister Calloway and a few others helping me keep an eye on West Sacramento from time to time. Being so close to the Barrens, most non-Deputies don't bother hunting there, much less patrolling there. If it tells you anything, Mister Stephen Grace, whom I asked the very same assistance of, disappeared. Could be circumstantial-- he probably just moved on-- but you never know."

Of course, Conner and his Deputies have the city divvied up pretty well on rotating patrol schedules, but similar to what Martha said: There's only five of them, and Sacramento is bigger than one realizes.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella nods to Martha, "I understand and will keep my eyes open for any threats I may encounter." turning her eyes to Chris, "I am eager to hear what you have Mr Wooding." she says with a smile.

Looking to Dillon, "Besides West Sacramento, has there been any other places you have noticed that may need extra eyes? If so, I would like to hear about where they are and how we can go about getting that addressed."
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

James elects to sit and watch and listen, thinking the situation and the geography of the city over in his head. His eyes flicked to each person as they spoke, and he stroked his stubble, a thoughtful look on his face as he thought this situation over. The Taifa looks to Chris, figuring maybe his coteriemate had something more to say about the issue. It sounded to him like Chris had done some consideration on this in the past.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

A nod here and there, and Chris smiles, this looks like a good project. 'My thoughts were to show people around the places Kindred in the Domain come more often. We have several Elysia, but when I see our recent past, most official meetings happen at the underground Avalon and sometimes at Club Ember. First I planned to show other "Kindred locations" as well, such as the Reverence, the Lily, and maybe Ballo Della Notte. But then we mostly stay around downtown. If we're going to drive around, showing some recognizable locations at the borders should be a possible goal.'

He thinks a second, rubbing his chin. 'However, I don't think it is good to show good places to hunt, unless we want those places to suddenly be crowded with new arrivals. Besides, everyone has their own feeding styles. A good thing to do is, maybe, showing places where important Kindred of the Domain can be found. The Seven Stars...' He looks around, not every vampire has its own place, but it could be an idea. 'Of course, important Kindred should not be visited everyday.'

And certainly not if it was my idea to do so...
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha found herself in disagreement with Chris and was slightly dismayed at several areas of his logic, she begins...and keeps her tone cheerful, "While it is right and proper to be cautious; I think, if the newly arrived have sworn the Oath of Fealty, they can be at least given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Domain security and loyalty. Besides...this is our opportunity to assess them, as much as they will also be assessing the Domain!" a happy smile as she outlines her thinking to Chris and then wider...so as not to indicate she's pointing out a flaw in his idea alone, more providing a wider justification for the idea in general.

A happy smile again as she looks about to see if anyone had anything else to add. "Were there any other ideas we can discuss...or other suggestions for wider activity at Court anyone wished to propose?"
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon shrugs a little at Daniella's question, all he can immediately offer being, "Any of the regions bordering the Barrens, spring to mind. Valencia is a pretty tame suburban sprawl, but no-man's land is just across the river. I've been scoping out the riverfront pretty regularly, though." He really likes it there, in all honesty. Tenancy had blown open the doors to opportunity. The trick now, as the saying goes, is putting all of his ducks in a neat little row.

Looking back over to Martha, Dillon playfully mimics the other two thinking men in the room with a casual rub of his own chin. He looks like he's trying really hard to keep from grinning. So far, he's mostly successful. "You know, I wouldn't mind taking some new people on patrol with me more often, as well. Deputy Burns would probably go for it, too." It is just mentioned offhand, however. Not to dilute or deter from the safari idea. "I can't speak for the others, of course." Picture, if you will, a group of fresh young neonates trying not to cower in terror from Sidor, Conner, or even Ricardo. They were each intimidating as heck, in their own way.

Funny how the most youthful-looking, sociable members of the Reeve's office were both Gangrel. Take that, Clan stereotypes...
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Nodding at what Martha has said, “I agree. While recent events at Court have made me wary of new arrivals, we cannot think every new face is going to be a problem. Now, if they prove to be an issue while within the walls of an Elysia, then it isn’t someone we want patrolling the Domain, at least in my opinion. ” When Dillon mentions taking new faces on patrol with him, she looks at him, “Though, perhaps a patrol with one of the fine deputies is what would straighten them out.” She shrugs, it was a thought. "But showing them the hunting areas will be very benefical, as there can be confusion from looking at the map."

“Activity at Court? If you mean something to get people involved more, I would suggest more events where Kindred can display talents. I found it rather enjoyable the last time, and it added something different to the evening. But as far as new faces at Court, I would like to see if we could find a way to gather them all at once, for one presentation and one Acknowledgement. You had done at a previous Court, and I think it gave them a chance to mingle with other new faces, as well as saves time.” Thinking she was talking too much, she decides to be quiet, looking at her hands and smoothing her skirt.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Jim listened to all the ideas being thrown about, then notes the fact that he, Chris, and now Dillon were doing the thinking man chin rub. He can't help it. He looks over at Dillon with a grin and stops doing the chin rub. They probably all looked bloody ridiculous. Once everyone had said their piece, James said, "Deputy Connery, I'm pleased to come out on patrol in support if you'd like to bring some newcomers out and would like another who knows the City with you. We seem to find... interesting evenings when we go on the road."

No doubt Dillon remembered the Colonel and the Vintage Boyz. That had been quite the test of diplomacy and nerve, and he was sure that wasn't the last they'd heard from the Boyz.

"As for the safari, with all these ideas it sounds like we can get a solid route set up fairly efficiently... Herald Villiers, do we happen to have some new faces who might benefit from coming out on the first excursion?" He grinned. He couldn't help but imagine Daniella Sage in a tilley hat for a moment at the sound of it being an 'excursion safari'.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris looks around, a lot has been said already. So he can only add a personal note. 'Of course, I can patrol in Valencia with some people as well. I live there for quite a while now, I know several locations... and I've been trying to keep the area safe already.'

Besides, I expect there to be 'some' new arrivals sharing my Faith in the Goddess. Showing the temple is an easy advantage.

That was all.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread