Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

In Which a Deputy and the Herald Reunite (Private)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    E
    Ebon Reaper

The smile Ricardo gives shows that he is obviously impressed. Martha was making great progress. "Tienes muy buena pronunciación. ¿Te gustaría leer el libro en español?" (You have very good pronunciation. Would you like to read the book in Spanish?) Since Martha can speak Spanish, she realizes that he is using the familiar tense (indicating friendship or a family relation).

Martha Villiers

PRE

The idea of reading it in Spanish, and with Ricardo to help, clearly excites Martha - though the use of the familiar tense encourages her even more. A happy nod accompanies her reply, using similar tenses where she can; <Indeed, sir!>> she replies in Spanish. <I would enjoy that, I am sure! What a splendid idea!>
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

E
    Ebon Reaper

Ricardo continues to smile. ¿Prefieres comprar el libro o ir a la biblioteca? (Would you prefer to buy the book, or go to the library.) He certainly liked her reply, but was a little concerned by her lack of verbs directed at him. That way, he couldn't tell if she would use the familiar tense or not.

Martha Villiers

PRE

<Ah! The public library! What a very good place to start! I am sure they shall have a copy in Spanish I may borrow...wouldn't you think so, sir?> she asks in Spanish again. Smiling to Ricardo. Clearly very much excited at the whole idea.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

E
    Ebon Reaper

The fact that Martha used the familiar tense as well is obviously pleasing to Ricardo. "Creo que sí. ¿Te gustaría ir ahora?" (I think so. Would you like to go now?) Of course, the Mexican Lord is still using the familiar tense.

Martha Villiers

PRE

A happy nod as she claps her hands in playful, if sincere, delight. <<Oh, yes, please, senor!>> she says in Spanish. <<I should like that very much! Afterall, senor, there is no time like the present!>> she says, taking care to make the phrase work as best in her Spanish as she can.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.