Ended
Watch

Bringing up the past

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    K
    Kazakin

"I don't have much of a green thumb. Maybe if I got a cactus or something," Rook replied, shrugging. "It was a nice thought, like I said. I appreciate it." At least, the upside to being forced into honesty showed. He really did appreciate it. It wasn't like he lived a life getting showered in gifts. In fact, before the pot, he couldn't remember the last time someone had given him. It was probably before his durance.

"I'm glad," she replied, giving a brief but honest smile. She turned her attention away, to the trees and grass and stars, but after a few minutes she looked back to Rook, her face strangely blank.

"I...I have one other thing I'd like to ask you, before we go someplace with ears and eyes,"
    the Darkling said, the seriousness of her words in stark contrast to their conversation just a moment before. "Have you ever...felt afraid of one who you trusted? Who you would have, if asked, jumped off at least a very small cliff for?"

K
    Kazakin

"Afraid?" Rook said, sounding thoughtful. "...No." The Constable paused. "But that's because it's not natural for me to feel fear. If someone was threatening me, I'd just... take care of it. That's what I do." He looked up towards the night sky.

"Is someone threatening, you, Rea?"

PRE

"No, not threatening, not as I believe you mean it," she explained, frowning. "It's that I saw someone...when I was away...someone who I respected and who I trusted, do something cruel in the name of what I believed in, and now I feel doubt. I think I can understand how you might have felt when Rust made the proclamation that lost him the crown, to some degree. It's not so much that I feel danger or fear now, I just feel somewhat numb, like I lost my touchstone."

OOC

K
    Kazakin

"Rust didn't do anything in the name of my group," Rook said, his voice sharper than he intended. "There is nothing in our beliefs, in our training that demands we slaughter each other or be banished for someone else's entertainment. What he did was betray everything we stand for and act like one of the Others to boot. Treating us all like pawns."He gritted his teeth at the thought that someone, anyone might think that Summer followed that dark and bloody path, all the way back to the Thorns.

"I can't judge your situation. I'm not good with... empathy. It's difficult for me. But if you saw someone do something cruel in the name of what you believe in, then you should probably ask yourself what it is that you actually believe in. That's the only advice I can offer."

PRE

"I misspoke, then. I do know that Rust thought he did what he did in the name of your group, though, whether or no that was actually true. I think that it is a similar situation, in this case...Thank you for the advice, though. It's something to think about over a drink, really," she replied, her tone somewhat remote. "I know a fair bar nearby, unless you'd prefer the Four Seasons?"

K
    Kazakin

"Either is fine for me," Rook replied, giving a small shrug. "I find it tastes the same, no matter where you drink it." Literally true, and to the point. Just like always. He'd changed and he hadn't, all at once.

"Good luck with your friend."

PRE

"Ah, and I did recently learn how to take luck onto my side. Tis fortunate, really," she said, her dour mood vanishing entirely. "Let's head to the one close by. A change of scenery is always appreciated."

OOC

K
    Kazakin

"Well, let's go, then," Rook said amicably, and strode off towards the nearest bar. The night was still young, after all.

OOC

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.