Man, she is beautiful…

They sit together in a dimly lit restaurant, eat food that doesn’t give him sustenance and drink wine that doesn’t affect him. The woman in front of Michael is Jane, another professor at the university. She’s smart, accomplished and has an excellent fashion sense. And she finds Michael captivating.

Amazing, what some status, money and a predatory gleam in a man’s eyes can do to a woman. I wonder, were I to remain mortal, would I be able to score someone like her?

They’ve been going out for a couple of weeks now, and Michael thanked the Ordo training more than once for making him able to resist the urge to drink her dry. Things being as they are, he takes little more than needed to compensate for the blood he needs to appear human, eat and drink. He can sustain himself on animals or hoodlums. Beautiful women exist for the chase. And the conversation you can have after.

There is a pause in the conversation as the food runs out and the wine makes Jane’s face flushed. With a smile, Michael suggests:

“Why don’t we go somewhere more private? Better suited for other means of communication?”

Jane cannot help but lick her lips in a subconscious gesture. She doesn’t know what it is, but something makes this man special. Something that lets her lose her mind in those sating sheets on his bed…

There is a predatory gleam in Michael’s eyes now, as he leads her away from the accursed food and all those people.

Tonight, we both get what we want.