Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles leans back in his chair clasping his hands and bring them to his lips as though in thought as the Herald speaks.

She spoke highly of the undertaking trade, Not to mention that everyone dies eventually, and will be in need of burial services. What better way to meet influential individuals than in such a way. Then again one will have to work around their grief. Then again, perhaps he can become closer to life insurance companies.

Not to mention knowing the criminal element, they were always looking for safe places to dispose of bodies.

But then Charles returned to his dreams of financial empires and respect of the from mortal and Kindred alike. One does not usually notice the undertaker at a funeral, their mind is to focused on the corpse that lay in the box before them.

Then again, as they say "from such humble beginnings empires are made." Yes, no one notices the undertaker, but that means they also do not realize how much they are spending for a funeral. Saving most of his profits from this enterprise could be a stepping stone to something much larger.

He could not deny the potential in such a business, but could it work for someone like him?

After a moment of thought he speaks,

"Very interesting, Herald Villiers, very interesting indeed. A most persuasive argument.However, allow me to make a counter point, but I assure you I only do so, so that we may create a proposal that is beneficial for both the domain and myself."

He falls silent once more as if thinking it over one more time.

"You make it sound so simple, but one must take into account that it is not just digging a hole or cremating a body, one must also know how to embalm a body properly, transport it, and conduct funerals. These are things that I know nothing about so I will have to heir others who do, and who are licensed professionals, which only adds more to my costs. Also, most funerals take place during the day so I will not be able to over see ceremonies. All I will only be able to do is over see the financial aspects, and have very little control over the day to day or even night to night business. Which would then mean I could not help in the service the domain that I originally intended as easily, considering one will have to explain to my employes why random bodies are appearing or being cremated at the funeral home during the night. I will not deny the potential is there, however I fear that my skill set is not suited for such an endeavor."

His tone still friendly, but very business oriented.
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha listened and adjusted her hat as she looked back to Charles.

"Sir...I hope you don't mean to...that is to say: I...I don't recall suggesting that you, personally, oversee a funeral or excavate a grave plot. Funeral parlors obviously employ people to do all these things and yet since the end of the War Between States they have remained the most consistently successful industry in the history of the United States. Which...in my view....recommends it beyond all other recommendations. Here, in the very heartland of commercial free enterprise and competitive endeavor: if you can say that about an industry...what else need be said? Clearly these overheads and costs are acceptable and manageable. As to the questions of curious employees: in a country with more unemployed people at present than currently populate the entirety of Greece; I would imagine that their priority concern would be properly directed towards remaining 'employee of the month' and not finding new and interesting ways of losing a job by asking awkward questions! Besides...who would be so careless as to perform such work in the presence of unreliable staff of questionable loyalty?" she looked to Charles as if this last question was perhaps more than rhetorical.

"However, sir, if, by our own admission, your skills and aptitudes are ill suited to investing in and managing a funeral parlor, well...well, I suspect there is little more to say on the matter. I will concede to your assessment of yourself in that regard. You are clearly going to be the best judge of your limits." she offers a sweet smile to Charles and she makes a few more careful notes in her book, looking up from her note making to see if Dillon or Charles had anything to say.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles eyebrows raise at the last statement, wondering if it was a challenge. Charles believed that he could do anything if it put his mind to it.

"Forgive me Herald Villiers, Perhaps I spoke in to much haste due to my single sightedness of wishing to start a shipping business, as well as being blinded by my own ignorance of the funeral business. Allow me to go back in reconsider your suggestion, educate myself on the matter further. Perhaps there are elements of the Funeral business that will serve both the domain and myself the best, and I have simply not seen it yet."

He smiles politely, No one suggests that he cannot do something, not even himself.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon could see a bit of merit in both ideas. A Kindred-owned shipping business could, if done very carefully, provide convenience in a lot of dicey affairs. Surely a little supernatural influence could help with a market dominated by UPS, FedEx and the Postal Service, but to that end, it seemed far more profitable and manageable to simply bring existing shipping services under Kindred control. Find a man within one of those private companies most directly responsible for Sacramento's through-traffic or freight, or whatnot, and make him yours.

Heck, Dillon could manage that, just by getting someone addicted to his blood. For a Lord... well, such a concept had to be disgustingly easy.

Martha, however, could be onto something positively brilliant in it's simplicity. He found himself smirking a wry smile, almost fondly at her, for the briefest moment. A small, selfish voice in his mind wanted to tell her to Hush! We can do this ourselves! Let the man go and ram his head into the wall, or up FedEx's-- But Dillon cuts the thought off. He is already working on his own plans. They might not be quite as imaginative, but he could work things out.

Martha had also discovered something else for them, but the Gangrel will discuss it with her later. For now, he merely ceases the idle doodling of his pen, and looks up from the notebook Martha had passed to him.

"As Kindred, there is a wealth of information and opportunity at our fingertips. As Ventrue, of course you know this better than anyone. If the funeral idea suits you, being as the monetary gain seems most favorable, go to the kine who are more versed in the particulars. You already have the head for business, either take from them the unique aspects you are unfamiliar with, or put them to work for you."

It might seem cold, or cruel to put it that way, but the benefits could be made mutual to all parties. Especially the mortal ones.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha catches Dillon's glance and offers a sly smile to him and a gentle nod. Letting Dillon talk before looking back to Charles and gently sitting back in her seat and adjusting the notebook on the table in a subtle manner.

Perhaps signaling that, as far as she is concerned, the meeting is drawing to a close, "Very well, sir...you may reconsider. Please do not take too long in reconsidering though, sir." she smiles gently. "I shall advance with the project regardless. I feel it deserves exploration and effort. If you chose to join in with this, very well. If you feel you cannot, then that decision shall not cause me to have a diminished opinion of you. Other opportunities can be created to earn Tenancy! In fact, it may be quite interesting to talk about other opportunities after a period of reconsideration!" a reassuring smile. "Well, sir...unless you had other questions or anything to add, I shan't detain you from your evenings work any longer..." and with that she offers a quizzical look to Charles over the rims of her spectacles as if to see if he wished to say more.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles eyes widen, The Herald was very much of a "go getter", she saw an opportunity and took it. Her own ambition put his to shame. He sits in silence for a moment, as he sees a door closing right before his eyes and very quickly, as the Herald herself was slipping the very same opportunity that she have given to him. He could learn much from this woman, perhaps he had become to comfortable in his old age. He would have to relearn the game a little.

He leans back in his chair and then leans forward again, and chuckles at how much of fool this tiny, polite, innocent looking woman was making him look.

"You are a very cunning woman Herald Villiers, It is clear that this opportunity is one that should not be ignored. I'm in, all that I require is the Prince's permission."

Charles smiles very friendly.

He was unsure if he should resent this woman, or give her his up most respect. He made a lesson of this, hesitate, and you lose.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles and remains happy and friendly as she replies, "The Prince's permission? I understand, sir. As I say, sir, I shall confer with the Seneschal on these matters and doubtless you shall hear from one or both of us shortly." a sweet giggle is offered as she plays with one of her twin tails. Martha studies Dillon and Charles with wide and friendly eyes. Wondering if they had more to say. "Unless there is more, gentlemen, I think our meeting can conclude."

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles holds in a sigh of relief. She had caught him with his pants down, something that he promised himself will never happen again. However, tonight Charles had learned several things, one of which obliviously was, do not hesitate when given opportunity. the second, the Herald would make a very valuable ally.

"Excellent, I have nothing more to add Herald Villiers, and once again I thank you both for your time and attention, it has proven most valuable."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Seemingly sincere and eager in her reply tiny Martha smiles to Charles. "Splendid! You're very welcome, sir! I hope we can meet again soon. I am glad you found this meeting useful. I confess I found it so too!" she stands and gathers her things. Preparing to walk back to the main area of the Elysium.

[End scene?]

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon stands when Martha does, closing the notebook she'd passed him. It isn't passed back to her yet, though. He wants to see the reaction to the doodle he'd been working on.

"I have nothing further, either. I'm glad you're eager to take this initiative, Mister Black. And I hope you find success." It is genuine. The Domain could always use more productive Kindred.

The Deputy is first to the door, having been seated near the Herald. He will gladly hold it for the other two, before allowing Martha to lock up.

OOC
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread