Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Chase discusses his business plans with Seneschal Donovan

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Chase had trouble containing the smile of satisfaction and gratitude that spread over his face. To hide it he bowed deeply in his chair, which was somewhat awkward to do.

"Thank you, thank you, Seneschal Donovan. The communal grounds will be more than sufficient for what I have planned. I'll send you monthly reports of my progress and a roster of those I plan to hire."

Chase was certain he would deal with no sensitive information whatsoever as of yet. His primary objective at present would be to make sure the business model worked and to gain an edge in the market. He wouldn't want to have to worry about additional secrecy on top of that.

"If," he began, wondering, "if you know of any kindred that might be interested in a project like this, I'd be more than happy to have them on board. Maybe someone in marketing or finance, or even software & hardware," though he doubted many kindred delved in the technical field of computer science.

Already his mind was racing with all the things he must do. Appointments, paperwork, licensing. He must begin immediately to bring life to Ubiquity.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Nodding at his bow Ariana smiled as he continued to speak. Chase’s idea to assist or employ others in the Domain was exactly what she was looking for. “Thank you Mr. Ankers, I look forward to reading your progress. Myself or Herald Villiers will make sure to keep our eyes out for people who would be suitable for your endeavors. Time and again we have encountered them and perhaps there will be a few more that enter our Society.”

The Lordess lifted her hand for another mention. “Also, if you could provide an additional copy of these reports that would be very helpful. I would like to keep Reeve Greyson up to date on this as well for security purposes, if you do not mind please.” Hopefully her fellow Lord would understand her concerns for the security of the Domain. Ariana would share her own copy with Martha as they spoke just as frequently.

"Yes of course," answered Chase to her request. He still was not certain how the Reeve would perceive his business proposal. Hopefully he did not see Chase as an upstart stirring things up unnecessarily with lofty goals. Though more likely it may be beneath his notice or concern at least until Chase actually made some headway.

"I shall get started right away then, Seneschal. But if you have any other need of me I will always have time to be at your service." He awaited to see if Ariana had any further questions or business with him before he allowed himself to stand to go.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana wondered how well his business would take off. She mentally noted to research the same type of business later. It could quite possibly work and have many advantages. The only thing he needed was something different that other companies did not offer.

“Thank you Mr. Ankers. I have nothing further this evening, unless there is something you wish to add.” The Lordess clasped her hands gently on the desk in front of her. “I look forward to seeing you again, and I shall keep that in mind.” Nodding to Chase with a warm smile. "Please have a good evening Mr. Ankers."

Chase stood from his chair and bowed at the waist to show his respect. "Thank you for your time, honored Seneschal, I do hope to see you again soon." He smiled as he met her gaze, his appreciation of her understanding apparent on his expression. Retreating a couple steps he turned to go, walking to the door yet hesitated as he reached it. Looking back he adds, "And may I say you seem very well suited to your new position."

It may not have meant much coming from a neonate of his stature, but he felt compelled to say it all the same.

A
    Ariana Donovan

As Chase left her office she smiled with another nod. “Of course Mr. Ankers, feel free to stop by anytime. Thank you for the compliment as well.” Ariana’s said with sincerity as she watched him leave.

She hoped that the fellow Ventrue would be successful. Time would tell in this Domain. But it was also intriguing to take such a notion to watch the digital side of city. It would be an something to watch unfold for the future. In a few moments she would stop into the Herald's office.

End Scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread