Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 49
DISPLAYED
Bringing Order (attn: Four)

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

PRE

"So," said Gallows conversationally, "Not to put any pressure on you, Four, but I'm a little curious--have any of the Orders caught your eye in particular?" It was going to be interesting to be present first-hand for the selection of something as important as an Order. He knew that for some people, choosing an Order was incredibly easy--the right one just spoke to them. For others, it was an agonizing decision. Some remained apostate their entire lives not because there was no Order that appealed to them, but because they all did. Hopefully, Four's decision would be easier than that.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"There's... one that I'm not eager to try out, and I think I'll be comfortable enough with the people in Sacramento's Silver Ladder to give it serious consideration." Four gave a half shrug at his answer. It wasn't quite what Gallows had asked, but despite Four's draw to the people in the Silver Ladder, he had his concerns about joining. "Sorry I can't answer definitively."

PRE

Joshua nods at the giant's answer, finishing off his sarsparilla. It was diplomatic but truthful; it didn't answer the question that had been asked, but it did answer the actual question hanging over the table. It made it clear that Four had doubts about the Order but wasn't going to deny it outright. More and more, Joshua was thinking that the current crop of Necromancers were a pretty solid bunch.

PRE

"Fair enough," shrugged Gallows. The answer had been at least part evasion, but choosing an Order was an immensely personal decision. He wasn't going to pry. Nor was he going to ask the incredibly obvious followup question of 'which Order are you not enthusiastic about?' If Four wanted to share, he would have.

"In that case, I just wanted to clarify a few things. How much do you know about the Silver Ladder? I mean, I know every Order has a set of rumors and stereotypes," he said with a smile, "But how familiar are you with our official tenets?"

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"Somewhat? I've gotten a lot of recruitment spiels from every order, and some have included the tenets. But that was... nearly a year ago, so a refresher would be nice." Well, that, and he had gotten a couple different interpretations of the tenets, so just being able to recite them clearly didn't mean understanding them.

Lux

PRE

"Well, I don't want to start getting too preachy, but the first thing to note is that the entirety of our Order is devoted to one goal, and one goal only: throwing the Exarchs off their thrones and giving their power to all of humanity. Everything that we do is in service to that idea, to that hope, to that much needed reality, and the only way to achieve that goal is by helping all of the Awakened, starting with our very own Consilium. It's somewhat akin to Ghandi's famous saying: 'Be the change you want to see in the world.' It all starts local, but our focus and goal is wide in the extreme." Lux paused when she noticed the waiter approach with her food, and only resumed talking once the sleeper was out of earshot.

"Would you like to hear more about this now or should we wait for another time? Sorry, I suppose I should have asked that before I started."
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Four glances around, and nods at Lux's concern. "As much as I'm enjoying this now, it might be a better idea to finish the conversation later, and I can get back to Morris after my ride-along with you guys?"

OOC

PRE

"Sounds good to me," said Gallows. He stood, pulled out his pen and wrote down a number of his napkin. "Here, I can't remember if I've given you my number yet. Like I said, feel free to call if you'd like to come by and we can talk."

OOC

PRE

Joshua nods, face carefully blank. So many words. He'd be more impressed when he saw some action. "Give me a call when you're ready for the next Order," he says to Four, agreeing with the giant. He gathers up the tabs and stands, putting on his coat. "Good to see you all," he adds, nodding to the trio, and goes off to pay the bill.

OOC

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread