Ended
Watch

Facing the Fleshmarket

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 15 of 15 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
    K
    Kazakin

Rook felt the song of the Wyrd, and it tugged at his senses. He half-closed his eyes behind the mirrored sunglasses as he felt the Board locking over him. For a brief second, part of him assessed what would be necessary if this were an enemy piece.

Don't let go of the hand. One good pull would move the hob in close. Two sharp strikes would shatter bone and-

The Metalflesh fought off the need to capture to focus on the information. The descriptions were a start. And the fact that they now, finally, had a location... the very thing that they'd been lacking in this hunt.

Rook's lips quirked into a corner of the mouth smile.

"You have the directions to the tree, I take it. Faster I get there, the faster you get your gun back," the Constable said. He could feel the battle coming. The need for competition, and the Board...

...They would be satisfied soon.

And he would finally found out if he could punch out a dinosaur.

The hob shakes his head. "You know how things are out here...it is no easy task to make a map of lands that twist and change," he says to Rook. "I can tell you that the tree is somewhere west of here, but I don't leave my stall much...and its been quite a few weeks since I last paid that tree a visit."

There's a long silent pause, which is finally broken up when the hob speaks up again. "Rumor has it that there's a gate on the other side," he says to the Metalflesh. "I'm not familiar with where you folks come from, or the landscape out there. But, I've heard that there's a gate near a place where the mad are kept, which will take you directly to the oak tree." He rubs his chin as he tries to recall some of what he had heard from other Lost who had stopped by his stall.

"If I'm not mistaken, it is somewhere between a school and a park...that's what I've been told," he says and then shrugs. "That's all I've got. If I knew more, I'd gladly tell it to you...unfortunately, I do not."

K
    Kazakin

Rook's lips pressed into a line as he considered this. Still. It was a starting point, and he was fairly certain that there couldn't be that many asylums in Sacramento. Assuming of course, that the gate mapped to Sacramento. The details were there.

"It's enough to start with," he said thoughtfully. "You'll have your gun back." The Constable gestured to Jack and Xerxia. "Let's get out of here."

He wasn't sure how much longer he could bear the Fleshmarket, and headed for the exit, not bothering to wait for anything else the others might have had to say.

As he did, he got the message from Spartan, and then all other considerations were secondary.

The hob went back to his duties as a merchant, watching as the group of Changelings left his stall. The group had no trouble finding their way out of the Fleshmarket, following their steps and using the same gate they had used to get there in the first place.

End Scene. Good work everyone

Page 15 of 15 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.