Ended
Watch

Mr. Black meets the Ventrue Priscus

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    A
    Ariana Donovan

“His dedication is not without warrant Mister Black. In addition to His Grace, Alder Prince Clarke having the protection of Her Grace, Judex Twist, Royal Archon; the Reeve appointed myself and Herald Villiers additional security in lieu of recent attacks on the Domain. Deputy Rayner respects my privacy as well. So I assure you, there is no need to worry.” The Lordess gave an assuring shake of her head as she remained in pleasant conversation.

Leaning into her desk a little in a mock whisper, she spoke. “Not to mention, Deputy Rayner is currently unaligned. Perhaps hearing how we of the First Estate prosper and flourish in the Domain may incline him our direction.” She winked to Charles. Ariana rose back up and smiled to Charles. “I would like to hear more about you, if you wish. Any particular hobbies or special interests that you enjoy? What other questions do you have?” Her charisma as enthusiastic as her body language. “We are family after all.”

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles begins to smile again after the Harpy spoke,

"Ah yes I see your point Priscus, and Forgive me I was not aware there had been an attack upon the domain. I can now see why such security would be put in place."

He turns back to the Deputy and says in sincere apology,

"I apologize Deputy Rayner if my words came across as harsh, I am a man who does not react well to his loyalties being questioned."

He turns back to the Harpy,

"But, Ah yes hobbies, unfortunately my duties often times did not allow me much time for such things, I often times find a certain joy with in my work, whatever it maybe. However, I will admit I often times quite enjoy music and the theater. Music has always spoken to my soul, Liszt, Chopin, Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, Saint-Saëns, all men I have always enjoyed even to this day. Also I am a man who has always enjoyed good conversation. Before my embrace I had always enjoyed discussing the issues of the day at the gentleman's club. Not that I stopped after my death of course. However, in those first years I found it difficult to simply speak casually with Mortals, as I am sure you yourself may have experienced from your nights as a neonate."

He says, his tone very conversational,

"Oh, but listen to me go on and on! What about you Priscus? What do you do to pass eternity?"

He says with a chuckle the question remaining light and good natured.
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

Lance smiles at Charlie "I understand your position Mister Black. I too do not react well when my loyalties or duty is questioned." Lance leans in and whispers to the man. "I would suggest however, the next time you want to accuse one of the Officers of the Domain of being untrustworthy after a superior brings the topic up in their presence without asking them to leave, you think long and hard before opening your mouth. Not everyone is as patient as I am." He suspected that Deputy Grigoriev would rip the tongue from someone that maligned him, while Reeve Greyson would pin a limb to the wall.

While entertaining, that kind of thing would be messy. It would get the point across though.
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Sitting back, Ariana nodded to the gentleman’s agreement of the brief miscommunication. Hopefully it would be settled. She listened to Charles speak of classical music, something she herself was fond of, yet there was always so much more to see and take in. “My enjoyment of music and theatre coincide with my career. I have seen many Broadway shows as well as the Metropolitan Opera and the Philharmonic. La Traviata is one of my favorite operas but I always enjoy seeing many versions of Faust. I also had the pleasure to meet Mr. Andrew Lippa, a Tony Award winning music and lyricist. A very bright and astounding man whose music and songs are not only fun, but inspiring.” Ariana smiled as she momentarily thought back, then continued. “I have a fond appreciation of many things Mister Black no matter the genre. It is what really speaks to us personally that is most important.”

Her blue eyes were inquisitive as she smiled and asked. “When you say gentleman’s club are you referring to a men’s only type of establishment to discuss business or a place for the men to seek the company of alternate women?” Ariana tilted her head slightly for clarification. She wondered if Charles may have had a wild side to him.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles simply nods at what the Deputy had whispered, as though taking it to heart and to thought. He had no intent to cause anymore fuss.

He then turns is attention back fully to the Priscus,

"Couldn't agree more Priscus, I tend to believe that almost everything has it's own merit, be it from the business or the musical world, to each his own I say."

He then chuckles,

"Oh yes, on the gentleman's club, I should clarify myself more shouldn't I. Yes, I do mean a private establishment to discuss business, share a bottle of Brandy, and play a bit of billiards. I had never had much interest in the other form of establishment you spoke of."

His tone remains Pleasant and polite, casually shifting in his seat every so often to get more comfortable, his hands moving slightly as he speaks.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana laughed softly at his merit comment. “And some have a way to merge the two of them and be delightfully wrapped up in their work.”

The Lordess was unsure if Charles was gay, or just did not like sex. Then again, scantly clad women were not entirely appealing to some. She could relate to this. Looking to Charles she smiled with a nod of her head. “Ah yes, I believe that makes more sense. Most often, it is a kinder way of saying what I mentioned before; or for husbands to escape their wives without getting questioned. I believe that is where Gentleman’s Club originated.”

Gently leaning forward, the Lordess thought it would be best to bring something up now. "Speaking of Priscus Mister Black. I would like to inform you at this time that our Clan Whip is Mister Soldier Rodriguez who is also a Deputy in the Domain." Ariana spoke in a lovely tone as she mentioned family items. "Also, I will inform you at this time that we have forbidden the sharing of our Family's gifts." Looking to Charles to gauge a reaction.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles nods in understanding and acknowledgment of what the current position of the ventrue was.

"Understood Priscus, and I look forward to making the acquaintance of Whip Rodriguez. May I ask if there is anything I should know about the Invictus of the domain? If I may be completely honest, I am most eager to get more involved with the our family and organization's affairs. I do try to keep myself busy, and I am a man who does not like to wast time to prove my worth. Carpe Noctem, and all that."

He says with a smile and some excitement in his voice.

A
    Ariana Donovan

“During the last meeting, there were several titles of function taken up by our members. I am the Speaker of the First Estate. Also, there are several unaligned members of the Domain, and we are seeking those individuals who would be suitable Kindred of Quality.” Ariana said while she averted her eyes here and there as she thought back to the meeting. She did wonder about some of his traditional Invictus studies, perhaps they would come to pass later.

“That is wonderful to hear Mister Black. Sometimes patience is one of the better ways to prove your worth. To know when and where to make your moves which are thought out just right, then rise to the occasion at the precise moment.” The Lordess smiled as she spoke. “Do you have any more questions or something in particular you needed to discuss as well?” She asked, not as trying to close up anything, but to encourage anything he may need to speak about.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

The Lord smiles back at the Priscus,

"Yes of course, I mustn't allow my enthusiasm get the better of me, lest I make mistakes, dully noted Priscus."

Charles nods politely to show he had taken the advice to heart.

"No, no, I have no other questions."

Charles then stands from his seat sensing that the meeting was coming to a close.

"Unless there is anything else you wish to add, I think I shall be off. I am sure you have much work to attend to, and I thank you greatly for taking your time to meet with me Priscus, it has been a honor and a privilege."

He speaks the last part with a respectful bow toward the the Harpy Regent.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana sat forward in her seat as Charles rose. “No I have nothing more for you at this time. It was wonderful to meet you Mister Black. I am sure I will see you at the upcoming Court.” She smiled with a nod as he bowed to her.

Hopefully he does not end up like the recent new family members. The Lordess thought to herself.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread