Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Brightest Heaven Of Invention

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

"I'll behave myself. Seriously. But if I get punched in the face by some random person I'm going to probably wind up supporting the evening's festivities by returning the favor."

He ran his hand back through his unruly hair, then, "What does it feel like when the Mantle appears? Or is it one of those 'wait and find out for yourself' sort of events?"

K
    Kazakin

"That's exactly what you're supposed to do," Rook pointed out, and he looked faintly amused. "If you don't hit them back, you're not standing up for yourself. The Summer Court is always proactive, always protective of its own." He glanced towards the window as Justin asked the last question.

Remembering the blood on his hands, and the heat haze that had risen from the fires of his heart.

"It's different for everyone, I think, just like the mantles represent what's Summer about you. When I pledged myself to the Summer Court, it was like I was being reforged again. It burned so much that I wanted to tear the world down. But when I pledged myself, it was in blood. There wasn't an initiation like this. I was fighting for my life. If I hadn't been burning like that, I probably wouldn't have survived."

Justin was silent for a long moment, then, "What's that saying about adversity being a forge? Or am I getting it mixed up with 'that which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger'?"

The Manikin ran his hand back through his hair, then, "I guess I'm going to be learning the finer points of that in the future. Wow. I still can't believe I've been prospected - and accepted. From the slopes of Washington to the halls of Sparta. That's going to take some getting used to."

He pointed towards the tv set, which was currently on mute. "Before you came up, I was watching Henry V. Shakespeare's historical license aside, Good King Harry, at least for purposes of the play, had a grasp of leadership and putting himself at the same risk as his men. I saw Spartan do that on the first mission I ever went on. That's a good man to follow by example. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers."

OOC

K
    Kazakin

"I don't know a quote about it. But I think adversity is the forge in which we are tempered into steel," Rook said, his voice dryly humoured. "Not literally, in your case, maybe a bit more in mine." He flexed one rivetted, metal hand. "Summer are brothers and sisters in crimson, because crimson is the colour of blood. Those ties are... they'll be with you for the rest of your life, now."

"Just one more thing. You're a Summer Courtier now. That means acting like one. And if you get out of line? I will find you. That's my job. It's easy to be consumed by your Court emotions, Justin. Wrath is a double-edged sword. Don't get cut," the Metalflesh Constable said quietly. His voice was serious, warning. Then he smiled at the corner of his mouth.

"I'm proud of you, what you've shown me. Proud to be the one who tested you. I'll let you get some rest."

Justin seemed to perk up a bit when Rook expressed his pride as to the younger Elemental's performance. It wasn't very often that he heard compliments like that, and when he did it was something for him to treasure.

"Thank you for having that faith in me. But you know....with role models like you, and Spartan....plus some of the others in the Court I haven't met yet, I'll have some really high standards to live up to. I hope I continue to be worthy of the challenge...no, I'm going to do everything I can to be worthy of the challenge."

OOC

K
    Kazakin

"Good. Rest up properly," Rook said, giving Justin an approving nod. He might have shown just a hint of pride on his fortified face, but if he did, he hid it quickly and stepped towards the door. He needed to rest himself, and eat.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread