Ended
Watch
21 - 25
DISPLAYED
In which Michael meets with the Herald

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles and from the inside pocket of her blazer she produces a small notebook. On the final leaf of the book she carefully and neatly writes with an unusual pen looking stylus the telephone number of the Harpy Regent. Gently she hands it to Michael. "There you are, Doctor. That is the telephone address of the Harpy. Naturally, it follows that the Harpy-Regent is a fine lady of intelligence, extreme influence and high status. Her time is valuable. However, she will doubtless be attending the next Court...which shall be held within a week or so...as you see..." with a happy smile she gestures daintily to roughly the vector of where the Announcement for the Court is posted to an interior wall of the Elysia, "...the theme for attire and the Court shall be Movie Madness." a happy smile, "If she cannot see you before then, there may be an opportunity to meet her during the Court. Two birds: one stone, as they say!" she giggles cheerfully. She lets Michael absorb that information and lets her giggle subside a moment. She adjusts her hat and strokes at one of her twin tails as she adopts a properly serious demeanor. "The Oath, Doctor. It is binding in spirit as well as letter. I should ask you now, please, to the Oath. It is an expression of loyalty to the Alder Prince of this Domain. By Acknowledging his Praxis you enter into the age old contract of the Domain and Lord. I shall ask now, please: do you swear to abide by the Praxis of the Alder Prince; obey and respect his Laws and those Officers of Court he has assigned; will you seek to contribute to the welfare of the Domain whilst doing nothing to disrupt the harmony within?"
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Michael takes the sheet of paper with the Harpy's number, memorizes it and puts it in his pocket.

"Thank you, Herald Villiers. I think I will make Lady Harpy-Regent's acquaintance at the next Court. I need to settle here somewhat before I start actively making contacts. And I think that presenting myself at the Court will be more polite than intruding upon her private time."

He quietly listens as Martha recites the Oath. It is a formality, but such formalities are the society's foundations. After the Herald is done, he speaks in a quiet and composed tone:

"So do I swear."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha listens carefully. She lets the quiet in the moments after the Oath settle. A smile and a respectful nod. She hobbles close and offers her dainty hand in a friendly greeting, "Splendid, most splendid! Welcome to the Domain, Doctor! I do hope you will flourish and thrive here, sir! Please feel free to contact me if you have a wish to discuss anything at all, won't you, Doctor?" she invites with eager sincerity. "Naturally, your Priscus is always on hand too! But I offer the invite, sir!" she adds with a respectful nod to Dillon too.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

When Martha approaches him Michael accepts the handshake with a broad smile. The Herald's cheerfulness and his Priscus' quiet approval have instilled in him something he hasn't felt for a while. A sense of belonging. It seemed, these Kindred enjoyed their positions and welcomed him sincerely.

Perhaps, just perhaps, I might actually call this town my home. Not just a research site or a place to waste eternity on intrigue. Surely, there are politics, there is etiquette, but, if these two are any indication, there is also honor and respect here.

For a moment his eyes cloud over as he thanks the Law of Karma for guiding him to this city and not to some hellhole full of Ordo Dracul haters.

Shrugging off this moment of sentimentality, he replies.

“Thank you, Herald Villiers. I will surely call you as soon as I get settled. And you too, my Priscus. Hopefully, you will find my expertise useful. Of course, I am always at your disposal, as I rarely have urgent business. It has been a true pleasure speaking with you both. I wish you good night.”

Michael bows and offers a handshake to Deputy Connery believing that the Acknowledgement is over and preparing to leave. If he had any doubts about coming to Sacramento before, they were gone now. He will fit well in here. Fate was clearly on his side.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles, accepting his good wishes and kind offer with obvious sincerity, she exchanges respectful farewells and promises to meet again soon.

[[OOC: sounds a good plan Excellent! ]]

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread