Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
A Civilized Presentation

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Jim's state of mind is much like his face; scared, innocent and sad. He really didn't mean any harm here. The orange, white and silver were mottled and shifting as he reined in his confusion. Oddly enough, the dark blue of suspicion remained deep beneath all of that, although at this point it was pulsing as he feared for his life. It was a constant in the man. It was plain to see Jim was embarassed as well, a man from a far more wild city. Vancouver's vampire community was as mixed and varied as its human population, and was almost lawless, the laws so arcane and confused and unclear that most anything was possible in Elysium, so long as it was not violent.

He kept his hands where they could see them and said, "I am truly sorry, Miss Villiers, Priscus Connery. Please, let me know how I might correct this loss of control."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Only when Martha straightened and steeled herself beside him did Dillon realize how tightly-- and nearly intimately-- he'd been holding her against him. Oops. Any other time, he might be embarrassed. But he doesn't lower the knife, or soften his glare. He stays silent, allowing the Herald time to gauge Jim with her sight, and offer a conclusion.

Dillon is a Deputy, and beyond that, this fellow's Priscus, but in Elysium, Martha is the reigning authority. Save for Prince Clarke and Twist, of course. It is her judgement that must be faced. Dillon's primary concern had been to act upon her safety. Now that it is less of a danger, his actions aren't needed unless requested.

It wouldn't be the first time he'd stabbed a vampire in the face with this knife. In Sacramento. Though this time it would most certainly be his idea, or an order given by someone who earned the right to issue them.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha shared a brief and slightly bashful look with Dillon as he adjusts his posture near her, she blinks and twists the shaft of her cheap looking metal walking cane as she holds it tightly to her chest.

It may seem as though she hesitates, but she is only thinking to chose her words...nodding herself, she lowers her cane from where she'd held it. Peering at Jim over the rims of her spectacles with a small, sad, frown of disappointment; "Sir...please do not look so glum. I can see your contrition is genuine. I suspect you acted in good faith. However, Hell itself would have to freeze over before the Alder Prince would allow your act of grotesque folly to go unpunished." she leans on her cane again and fixes Jim with a gentler look, "Therefore, as Herald and Mistress Keeper of the Elysia, I must offer you correction. It comes in three ways, sir. Firstly: you should know we have fed Kindred into wood chippers for lesser crimes. So do not compound your dishonor by mistaking the judgment to follow for a weakness of resolve or any perverse intellectual capacity on the part of the Alder Prince or his Herald. Your penalty is the second of the corrections. I think you understand that you now owe the Alder Prince a Major Boon. The nature of that, I cannot say at present...no doubt time will make it apparent. The third correction, sir..." and at this she smiles with obvious sincerity, "...is, if you wish to, to accept again the hand I offer once more in friendship and promise me you shall never, ever, cause a repetition of this sorrowful moment. You came in a spirit of friendship...I can see from your Aura you are saddened by this momentary lapse of reason. If we are friends..." she adds, a careful look over the rims of her spectacles as she says this. "...and I hope we are becoming so, I hope we understand each other, sir. We can never forget this...but let us once again try the hand of friendship! Start again, somewhat!" Martha smiles. Her tone much brighter and she offers again her hand in friendship as she limps closer to Jim. Her eyes wide with gentility, but attentive upon Jim and carefully raising her Celerity...just in case he doesn't know his good luck when he sees it.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Cross

The Civilized Gangrel felt a wash of relief. He would not die today, and he was truly thankful for Martha Villiers' mercy. He took her hand of friendship and gave it a small shake and a slightly goofy smile. "Thank you, Herald. You are truly kind, and I appreciate the opportunity to correct this. In the spirit of that friendship, I wish to offer you both a boon as well. If I may be of service to you, please, call on me. I am always happy to assist my friends, especially when they are willing to forgive a newcomer's mistake."

He knew he wasn't out of the woods. You never were, or so thought his suspicious mind. He would owe Martha Villiers forever for this. But he would still try to make it right.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles. She was in no mood to reject the offer of the Boon and nodded happily. "A generous offer, sir, which I accept with gratitude! Thank you! Let us say no more about this for the moment...we can talk of Boons later!" she adds, all cheery smiles and friendly manner. Her dainty hands flutter as she talks to emphasize her lightening mood. "I am certain you will be eager to hear of some of the finer hunting spots in the Communal Zone...I wonder, sir..." she turns a smile to Dillon, "can you recommend anywhere? Shall we direct Mr Calloway to talk to Miss Burns and Miss Black? They seem to know a great deal about people and places already!" she giggles bashfully, as if she has thought of something a little naughty.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon knew that Martha had been deeply disturbed the moment she began making statements about Hell freezing over and feeding Kindred to wood chippers. He's seen her upset only a handful of times, but this is the first one in which her language has gotten quite so... colorful. If the situation wasn't so serious, he might be smiling.

He isn't.

However, his murderous glare reduces somewhat, settling somewhere around 'grim scowl'. He doesn't sheathe the knife until Marha's hand is released, slipping it behind his back and under his shirt.

Only when the Herald smiles at him does his expression soften all the way. Whether she is just capable of taking the fire out of him, or he is obeying a silently delivered order is unclear, but when Dillon speaks, his voice is perfectly cordial again. "I've been sending a few people to West Sacramento, on the other side of the river. It's not the best pickings, but its proximity to the Barrens means that our kind usually don't go so far out that way to feed. I'd like to increase security in the area, along with a few others, if you're interested in participating, Mister Calloway."
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Jim smiled at the Herald again. She seemed a lot more relaxed, and even Dillon seemed far less inclined to try to kill him. The Taifa listened and nodded at Dillon's request. "I am happy to assist, sir." He slid Dillon a card with his telephone number on it. "I'm very mobile; I have an apartment for my things but my haven is where-ever I take off my boots for the night, as I'm certain you well know. So where ever you need me, that's where I'll be."

He suspected he was being sent away, potentially as punishment, but so be it. So long as he could feed and wasn't stuck in the Barrens, that would be fine by him.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon nods with a consenting sort of frown, willing to put the apparent misunderstanding behind them for now and move on. He takes a card of his own out of his battered, black leather wallet and trades with Jim. It is simply a number scratched in one side and a stylized drawing on the other, both done with a calligraphy pen.

The glance he gives Martha is one of both amusement and questioning at her comment about Tracy and Allison. He wouldn't have thought much about it, but the little giggle at the end made him wonder what might be going through her head, and if he'd ever know.

Thrown only for a second, he continues. "Uh, Miss Tracy Burns is a cousin of ours who is also fairly new to the domain. She is the one I mentioned before that won her Tenancy from Regent Hart in a duel with another Gangrel by the name of Jillian Malloy. You probably won't be seeing Miss Malloy around for a while." The small smirk that appears on Dillon's face has definitely got some pride behind it. Tracy showed some real promise.

Like Jim, she'd also narrowly avoided disaster at her Acknowledgement, openly admitting herself to be a violation of the Second Tradition. Things might have went worse, but luckily, it seemed no one was paying very close attention to her conversation with her Priscus.

"As for Miss Allison Black, she is another new face of Daeva blood who has shown she is willing to get her hands dirty for the sake of the Domain's security. I'm sure that, if nothing else, you will see them at Court."

Aha. Both are newcomers who are slipping into Sacramento society almost seamlessly. Maybe Jim can learn by their example?

Turning back to Martha with his usual smile, Dillon muses, "Are we forgetting anything, Herald Villiers?"

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiled, toyed gently with one of her twin tails and leaned on her cane as she listened to the chatter between the two gentlemen. Smiling cheerfully, seemingly pleased with Dillon's outline of events...a delight she signals with a sweetly innocent smile to Dillon...then she shakes her head at Dillon's question; "Only to add that I should wish to see you again, Mr Calloway, within the fortnight hence...just to see how things are...all that remains is to wish you well! Do not be afraid to call here, sir...the Bailiff or either the Deputy or myself will try to be helpful if you things to report...matters to discuss." she smiles sincerely as she opens the invitation.

Jim nodded, his face less worried than it was before. If he was a breather, he would have sighed with relief. His aura began to resolve into its usual mode of happiness, calmness and an undertone of suspicion, if Martha was of a mind to look. He took Dillon's card and slid it into his wallet.

"Thank you, Deputy. I'll get in touch with them! As well, I will make my rounds in West Sacremento and be sure to keep a weather eye out for trouble. While I've got you here, sir, might I ask what this domain's protocol is for sealing Masquerade breaches, if I happen to find one in progress in my security work? Is it the common 'call the Deputy and seal it as best as I can while they come', or is there a particular way that the Sheriff prefers things done...?" His question fairly clearly meant others breaching. Jim knew full well what would happen to him if he breached. "As well, are there any other protocols I should be aware of? I would prefer to do things in accordance with this city's security regulations, such that may exist, at any rate."

"And of course, Miss Villiers, you may see me any time you wish." He smiled at her and slid her a card. His words were almost playful, matching her cheerfulness. "I'm always just a phone call and a short motorcycle ride away."

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread