Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 27
DISPLAYED
(Civil War) A Timely Investigation

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

PRE

"Thanks," Joshua says, and takes the book over to the copy room. He ignores the copier, instead taking a few sheets from an open ream of printer paper. He checks over his shoulder, sees no one, and carefully tears the pages out of the archival book. He folds them and puts them in his pocket; next, the printer paper goes up against the ragged tears. A few seconds later, the book's pages look good as new--seamless. Once done, he takes another piece of paper, folds it over, and writes his name and phone number inside before going back to Gina's desk.

"Thanks again,"
    he says, placing the book near her work station. "And, uh... You know, you've been here a long time. I don't know what you make but you're probably due a raise." He puts the paper with his number down on the book. "If you can remember any more about the people who were looking for this, or if anyone else comes in, I'd appreciate a call. If you can help me out, I might be able to talk the Curator into reviewing your pay." He tips an imaginary hat to her and walks out without waiting for a response.

He climbs up into his car and settles in. "Got it. We had a few others investigating earlier too, but Gina wasn't able to give me any details."

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-17 19:44:38 Joshua rolls 8 to Repair Object (Gno+Matter) (10 Again) 3, 4, 5, 9, 2, 5, 7, 8 2 successes

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

There were a lot of potential corollary questions, but as West sifted through them, he realized that none of them were terribly relevant.

He'd made his decision already, hadn't he?

"Hmmmm, that's it?"
    he asked, getting into the car with Joshua.

West fell silent for a few moments, then spoke again.

"OK, let's head out to my place. We'll see what's what, and get a plan together."
    Nimbus

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

"If you want me to come along I can." the now curled up acanthus said from the back.
    Ahriman-Mastigos Adamantine Arrow -
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    DAS:WP 5/6 Mana 0/7
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.
    Lisp: mild. only lisps on s's. Is hard to understand

PRE

After a moment, Joshua nods. "Your place it is," he says, starting up the car. "You'll have to direct me."

But there was nothing really new about that.

Joshua backed out of the space and headed for the road.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

The words gave West pause, and he turned to look at Joshua, silent for a few moments.

"You know?"

The question was accompanied by a hand opening a door, and he slid out of the car. He braced himself with a hand on the roof and one on the door and leaned in.

"Why don't you go back, grab Animus and Ahriman, and work this one out yourselves?"

It had been so close.

But he wasn't Severn, and he wouldn't let Fate rule him.

Fuck that picture. Tilt the board.

"Alright, soldier?"
    Nimbus

PRE

Confusion crosses Joshua's face, and it takes a few seconds before he can banish it. "Yessir," he eventually says--still confused but not wanting it to show in front of their backseat visitor. "You, uh, know how to reach me if you need anything." He gives the Magister a nod and pulls away, waiting until he's safely on the road before digging out his phone and speed-dialing Animus.

Continued in Arrows in Flight...
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread