Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Time to Unwind

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    L

Chantay spent several seconds considering her shot before leaning over the table to line it up. "We're about to find out aren't we?"

For the Win

She strikes the cue ball sharply, sending it cracking into the eight. Both balls rolled off in opposite directions but Chantay's eyes were fixated upon the eight as it rolled down the line before settling into the corner pocket. She leaned back from the table, a smile of relief spreading across her face. "I didn't think I'd actually be able to pull that off."

"Well done, Chantay," Mikemba congratulates her. She takes her cue and sets it back on its rack, then sidles up next to her friend. "Come on, let's have another drink, and maybe you can show me how you get one of these silly men to pay for it." She giggles...well, giggle wouldn't quite be the result, but was clearly the goal.

L

"Thanks!" She takes a step closer to Mikemba, leaning in close to whisper conspiratorially. "Now if you want a guy to buy you a drink you have to make him think that you might be interested, that he has a chance with you. You let him catch you glancing at him a few times, give a smile or two when you know he's looking." She giggles slightly, "Like I said...moth to a flame."

Mikemba's head rolls back as she laughs heartily. "No, you do it, you show me how it works. I will watch and pay good attention. I am a good student." She takes a stool and smiles at Chantay. "Hurry, I am thirsty," she says and laughs again.

L

"If you say so. But if you want a drink too remember, you'll have to show a bit of interest as well." Chantay turned to head back to the bar while speaking. As she did she glanced back towards the cute black-haired man she'd mentioned earlier, meeting his gaze. A smile broke across her face as she glanced down coyly, turning away and adding an extra bit of sway to her hips as she headed back to the bar.

Workin' the Charm

OOC

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

OOC

"Okay," Mikemba nods, and watches Chantay's subtle body language and gestures from her seat near the pool table, and the response from the man across the rooms. She couldn't mimic her friend's great beauty, but she thought she could get the moves down, so to speak, with practice. She goes to join her friend at the bar and smiles at her. "That was very instructive, thank you," she laughs, while they wait for the inevitable approach.

L

Chantay glances over her shoulder once more, noting the man rising to his feet. She shoots MIkemba a wink, "I'm not done quite yet." And then she swivels on stool, leaning forward a bit and giving the man quite a nice view down the front of her blouse, a wide and inviting smile spreading across her features. "Why hello there. I'm Chantay, and you are?"

The man can't help but a let a bit of a smile spread across his own face, doing an admirable job of not letting his eyes linger too much. "Stephen, but I go by Steve. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Mmm...it sure is. Why don't you take a seat?" She takes his hand in hers as she speaks, guiding him down onto the bar stool next to her. She pauses slightly as she lifts the hand away, brushing an imaginary bit of dust from his shoulder before letting her fingers trail down his forearm.

Almost as an afterthought she flagged down the bartender, indicating that she wanted a refill. Steve's hand stopped hers as she moved for the clasp of her purse though, "It's on me, her friend's too." Chantay made sure her face was turned so that Steve couldn't see the quick wink she gave to Mikemba.

Mikemba takes a long drink from her fresh beer. "Oh, thank you very much," she says politely, and smiles at Chantay. Then she reaches out to touch her friend's wrist as she asks Drink Man with an even brighter smile, or a primitive baring of her canines, "I must borrow my friend for a minute, I will not keep her long."

She leads Chantay just a short distance away. "That was very instructive," she laughs. "Listen, I am sorry, but I really must go home and study. I have had a lot of fun tonight, Chantay. Let's exchange numbers, we'll do this again." Her friend agrees, and Mikemba finishes her beer and makes her way to the exit, smiling, and only slightly misstepping once. She waves goodbye, and decides to splurge on a cab home. Much safer than walking while drunk.

L

Chantay lingers a bit after Mikemba's departure, passing some time with Steve. A bit of talking, flirting, teasing, dancing...even a brief make out session in a shadowed corner booth. But eventually the time came for her to depart as well, and she gracefully excused herself from the man's company. Thus did she slip out into the night, and head home on foot through the moonlit streets.

End Scene

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5