David approaches the Herald's office, he was curious about the announcement, and what she thought of the idea. He knocks thrice, and waits for her response.

After a few moments, there is a shuffling sound within. A pause. More shuffling of shoe. Then the door is meekly opened. Martha peeks her head around the door, all wide eyed. She smiles as she sees David. Enthusing, "Sir! Good evening! Do come in!" and opens the door to let him enter.

"Thank you, Herald Villiers." David closes the door behind him, admiring her office. "How are you faring this evening?"

Her office is like a study. An ever increasing amount of previously owned textbooks. A laptop. Two prints on the wall: a large print framed photograph of a ballerina and a similarly large framed copy of The Lady of Shalot. A Chinese screen is erected in one corner and shields a quarter of the chamber. Martha is dressed in her usual school uniform. Hat on head. But blazer is hung at back of her chair. She smiles. Twin tails bob. Her peg leg helps her get about. She has a deck of playing cards in one hand. A smile. "I am very well, thank you for asking, sir! I Heirophant! I do hope you are well too! It is too long since we spoke!" The aroma of lavender is everywhere.

David takes careful note of the books and wall prints. "I am, it has been too long, and this is my first time in your office, so I want to say how lovely it looks." Who is your lancelot, to have the Lady of Shalot so prominently displayed? "Have you seen the announcement the Harpy posted for the Winter Soltice? What did you think of it?"

Martha smiles. Clearly pleased at the praise of her chamber. "Thank you, sir!" she chirps, all happy. She skips and limps over to her table. The table piled with textbooks on social studies, journals of archeaology. Neatly handwritten notes on college style notebooks and lots of local maps. There are also admin papers relating to taxes and invoices for the Avalon. A gentle hand invites David to sit as she sits carefully at the desk or at the couch against the wall. "I did see that, sir! It sounds most strange! But, I would wish to hear more! I confess I have slender knowledge of your work. I should wish to learn more!" a genuine smile.

"I am happy to discuss it; no clearer description of Hierophant exists. We are in the Joy cycle this year, and for that we celebrate the Winter Solstice with Euphoria. The ritual has some similiarites to the Bacchian festivals, but is less about debauchery and more about reaching the pinnacle of the emotion of joy. For the community has much to be joyful for. Though the domain is tested, it stands firm, and though our enemies assault us, we have repelled them at every turn. And more than that, we are learning, growing stronger with each trial we pass." David's voice is brimming with pride and ecclesiastical fervor. "It also is joyful, for we are attempting something new, something different. As an adaptation to the community, we are allowing non-members to view some of our rites, hence the announcement."

Martha smiles as she listens. Nodding often. "I see! This all sounds splendid! I am all for celebrating joy and success! But, what manner of ceremony is involved? Is there a dress code? I know of few ceremonies that lack one. One must have the liminal experience!" she smiles. "Though I heartily agree there is much to celebrate and would welcome doing so!"

"No, it is more of a hmmmm. It is more of a coming together of the community. I will speak of the Crone, and her place in our lives, and then others will speak as well, on what we'll just leave for a surprise. It is meant to be more of a contemplative and passive pleasure of Joy, rather than an active one. Besides, I am certain there will be plenty of dancing parties this season."

Martha initially looks a little disappointed, but nods. "Oh. Oh I see." she soon recovers her mood though and smiles. Her mood recovery seems genuine though. "I say! It does sound splendid! I do so enjoy to see people united! There should be time for reflection as well as dance! Quite right!" she nods again, all smiles. Though she has studied religion, she had forgetten that piety can be genuine, not merely the Rite. "I should be glad to hear how the Crone may be a part of our existence." she added. Wide eyed.

"And we look forward to your attendance. As an aside, there will be blood available, though we state upfront that it will be enhanced with euphorics. You do not have to imbibe, but many of us will. Which actually brings me to a question I had for you. I wish to extend to the Prince a personal invitation, as befitting his station, but hesitate over the wording. Do you have any suggestions?"

"Euphorics?" she blinks. "Goodness! I hope we shall be secluded!" she giggles, wondering what impact they might have and the dangers to the Masquerade might result. "Euphorics? What effect might that have, sir? Encouraging joy...or...?" she hestitated to go too far. He had said there would be little debauchery. "I shall...though...give some though to the invite. Perhaps something simple and to the point: the Heirophant cordially invites His the Alder Prince to...ecetera..." a happy smile.

"The euphorics are to encourage joy, and a sedative effect. Conduct unbecoming of a gentleman or lady will be discouraged, and this is not a ceremony where nudity will be allowed. We are celebrating our community and its joys, not giving ourselves over to pleasures. Though indeed, we shall be secluded in the Temple of the Wove Circle. You need not fear for your dignity. Thank you for your words regarding his invitation, it grants me relief."

Martha seems satisfied and clearly reassured. "I shouldn't mind my dignity being affronted, if it were in good sport! I do enjoy a jest and jape!" she adds happily, "But I am glad to hear that it shall be a ceremony of calmer proportions than popular images of ceremonies would have us believe! Thank you for reassuring me, sir!" she smiles happily and plays with her twin tails again. "I am in favour of joy!"

"Indeed, the Goddess herself approves. Before I go, have you given any more thought to my question about security? I was thinking that perhaps Mr. Heinz would be amenable."

"Mr Heinz? I daresay. I have no insight into the willingness of others to aid you, sir. But the Sheriff is now Regent Greyson. Mr Heinz representing the Ordo. I should take time to consider also the Tigers! They are most keen to aid the Domain and have many skills that might help..." she pauses. Smiles and hobbles over to her desk. Writing carefuly. She hobbles over and shows David the telephone details of Ricardo and Jennifer. "They might be able to help too." she smile.

"Hmmm, the Tigers would benefit from the publicity, and Ricardo is a..." there is a hiccup. Must not say Vampire in polite society "...a Kindred I can trust. Thank you for your advice, Herald Villiers, and I wish you an enjoyable evening." He rises, "Please, don't get up for me, I can take care of the door." He gives a polite bow to her.

"Thank you for the invite, sir! I shall be glad to attend!" she smiles, "I wish you a good evening too!" another happy smile. She rubs hard at her hip as David heads for the door, offering him a small wave as he leaves.

David closes the door on his way out. 2 letters. Thank you indeed, Martha.