Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1111) Chase, Ricardo and Ariana

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

His body assumed a rigid posture as the weight of the Harpy's words dawned on him. The Alder Prince, finally Chase had laid eyes upon him. He couldn't help but stare, taking in the details of his form. He seemed so impassive, holding an air of confidence that seemed to affect him even across the room. How had he not noticed his grace the moment he had stepped foot within these walls? Looking away abruptly, realizing how gross an infringement it would be to take liberties with his majesty by staring. He instead concentrated his gaze elsewhere, letting the shock subside over the course of the moment.

He would have to say something to save himself from this awkwardness. His eyes flicked up momentarily to the Regent, "Ah, how splendid," his voice still somewhat shaken. "To finally see our supreme sovereign in the flesh. How impressive he is, making even his casual attire seem somehow all the more stately." As was true.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana had noticed Alice and Martha kiss. It was indeed an interesting point for the evening. Yet in some ways, it was not something that was entirely shocking either. “Mr. Betts, if you have not gone over the Laws of the Domain with someone as of yet, you will soon enough.” Ariana smiled to the Haunt. “Although, it is best to wait to approach His Grace unless he approaches you first.” The Lordess stated in a matter of fact way. She knew that Chase and Ricardo were already familiar with this note of the law.

“Mr. Ankers, I guess it reflects upon an adage that clothes do not always make the man. It is the wearer of such wardrobe.” The Harpy smiled as she glanced to Asa for a moment again.

“And please, call me Madam Donovan.” Ariana gently corrected. “Harpy or Regent also will suffice.” She smiled. Gesturing to Roxie, Dog and Jillian she mentioned. "It has been quite some time since I have seen Regent Hart or the Hound of her Regency, Mr. Dog." The Lordess still had no idea how to address the man, as she never heard his real name. "Although I did speak with Miss Malloy the last time we all convened at the Avalon." Her eyes a little bewildered at the display of the leash. That was seemingly something that should have been saved for The Asylum.

E
    Ebon Reaper

Ricardo was about to agree with his family members when the hubbub about the kiss started. His Clanmate had made a good point. Those scholarly types often forgot about just talking to people. Perhaps he could bring it up again later. The Hispanic Venture nodded about his Majesty's greatness, but didn't say anything. While the Prince watched a Succubus do her thing didn't really feel like the right time to praise Him. Not that the Mexican Lord would ever say that out loud.

The subject of names and titles always intrigued Ricardo, and not just because people called him the wrong name all the time. Ariana seems a little confused by Mr. Dog's last name. "In Spanish, it is not that odd for people to have names that are just regular words. My second last name, for example, literally means Kings," the Whip ignorantly declares. Ironically, having a 'regular word' last name indicates that his mortal mother's family was from a lower socioeconomic class.

R
    Red Dragon

Since we are on the topic of titles, Madam Donovan said Gene, What do I call myself when I introduce myself to the Herald or Prince? Simply Mr. Betts, or is there some phrase newcomers must call themselves?

A
    Ariana Donovan

Noting what Ricardo mentioned about his surname, the Lordess thought it could not be a more fitting name given thief family. “That is a interesting to know. I know there are other cultures who use their last names in different manners as well.” Stating as if thinking out loud.

Ariana was quite pleased that Gene took the initiative to ask, as many did not do so. “Mr. Betts will do wonderfully. I think you will do fine.” She smiled with reassurance.

“Gentlemen, it has been a pleasure speaking with you this evening. I am sure we will do this again soon. There are many other new faces that we should acquaint ourselves with.” The Lordess smiled kindly as she began to excuse herself.

"Of course, Madam Harpy, always a pleasure," said Chase with a flourishing bow as he turned to those remaining. "I suspect it will benefit us all to follow her Ladyship's example. It was a pleasure meeting you Whip Rodriguez, Mr. Betts." Chase gave a nod to each of them respectfully before drifting away in search of another familiar face or wholly new one that would lend him their ear.

R
    Red Dragon

Gene nodded respectfully to the other two kindred as they excused themselves. He then turned to Ricardo.

Unless I am mistaken, I believe the Prince is winding down his conversation with the herald he said, nodding his head to the Prince, Martha and Alice. Hopefully I will be able to get an introduction in. How should I approach the Herald, if at all?

The Mexican Ventrue didn't seem to have quite the same niceties pinned down as the Harpy, but he surely knew enough.

E
    Ebon Reaper

Ricardo gives a smile and a nod to his Pricsus "Have a good evening, Madam Donovan." He also gives a nod to his cousin. "Likewise Mr. Ankers." He wanted to say "stay out of trouble" but he knew enough about his on Clan to realize that none of them ever did. Once Ricardo was done talking to Gene, he would have to go looking for more of his Clanmates. Hopefully, he could find them before they got into trouble.

The fact that Gene asked a good question was a credit to him. "You should make a deferral gesture to Herald Villiers and wait for her to come to you. It is against our laws to approach his Majesty without permission, so you have to wait until she leaves his side. The Herald will not expect you to know all the proper protocol, but she is a stickler for showing the proper respect." He let that sink in, and then asked, "Would you like me to introduce you?"

R
    Red Dragon

Gene turned as he heard the herald's announcement. Now, he supposed, was the moment.

Indeed, I would appreciate it very much if you could introduce me he said to the whip.

E
    Ebon Reaper

"In that case, here we go amigo. Whip Rodriguez replied. He then gestures for Gene to follow him to a location that the Herald can see them.

Continued in the main Elysia thread.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.