Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 36
DISPLAYED
Nurse or Gardener?

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    L

"Milford," he was the one Rick had named back at the Autumn Coronation, and the day's events certainly hadn't done anything to change his mind. "He's been preying too long on children. We just need a reliable way of finding him." The token had led them to Tickle, Greenteeth had been psychotic and predictable enough for them to set a trap But unless Milford was foolish enough to continue using a twice-invaded hollow they had no reliable method of finding him.

S
    Spartan

"Set a date and lets get this over with. I want this bastards shut down." Spartan's anger is obvious now that the child is out of the room.

Betony Rue looks up from her ministrations to give Spartan a sour look.

"I will expect payment in addition to the gratitude of the Iron Spear. From your words, I can only assume that you were unsuccessful in narrowing down Peter Milford's whereabouts."

Giving her full attention back to his wounds, the ogress almost gasps, despite herself. The Summer King appears to have suffered wounds that would have already killed most men. King or not, the Witch gives her fellow ogre a look that speaks volumes and addresses him in a voice that brooks no disobedience.

"Follow me upstairs to the garden this instant. It's a wonder you haven't bled to death."

Picking up the pruning shears, Betony Rue leads the way upstairs to Moira's room. Unseen by either man is the grudging respect that has forced it's way onto her features as she understands what Spartan has endured in order to deliver the Harrison child into her care. After knocking and receiving to answer, she opens the door and strides purposely toward the large mirror that Rick remembers from the last time he was in this room. The air seems to warp and shimmer as she places a hand on the reflective surface.

"I seek entrance."

Without a backward glance, the Jasons woman steps over the threshold and into the Hedge.

Please follow Betony Rue into her Secret Garden.

Sam Barkley

PRE

Once the girl is settled, Sam looks over at Marcus and declares, "Time ta go back to Harry's, aye? We need to meet with Rook to discuss the bizness plan, right? Might as well do it now. I could use a drink." Not much for small talk, he nods to Emma and bids her, "Have a good evenin'. Thank the lady of the house fer her help fer us, awlright?" For the child Jessica, he merely shakes his head, shedding a few leaves and twigs from it. "Sleep well, yeh wee idjit," he whispers, then turns to leave.

Marcus Evan

PRE

"A drink sounds like just the thing."

Having heard the others lumber up the stairs, Marcus smiles warmly at Jessica and turns toward Emma before leaving.

"Will you tell Rick and Spartan where they can find us? Cheers, thanks a lot."

Emma smiles sweetly at the two men as they turn to leave, however there is a slight crease of worry upon her brow. Regardless of her confidence in Betony Rue's skill, the young woman still remains very concerned for little Jessica.

"I will. Y'know, you both did a really good thing today. Here."

The oily elemental reaches into her pocket and hands them each a couple of greenish-yellow leaves. Both men are seasoned Hedge walkers and instantly recognize the distinctive curling tip of the murmurleaf.

"Don't mention it. No, really... please don't say anything to Bets. I'll see you around. Don't be such a stranger Marcus."

Upon eating the murmurleaves, Sam and Marcus will each heal 2L.

End Scene

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.