Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 37
DISPLAYED
Free Council: A New Assembly

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

PRE

Normally I wouldn't interject in a discussion like this but with the direct questions about forming and naming an Assembly I felt the need to clear up things and eliminate any confusion. I addressed the idea of a name first, looking at the entire group for a moment and giving a small shrug before speaking. "The name of an Assembly should be kept simple, "Free Assembly of Sacramento" or "Sacramento Assembly" would work fine since the word "Assembly" in this context conveys more power and tradition than any other variants I've heard. Any new Libertines in the city or Mages familiar with the Free Council understand what the word means, what it is a symbol of."

Now the first question and the odd Oaths that were being thrown around. "As of how to officially form an Assembly, well it's simple. We form it, agree to meet say quarterly or when major issues need to be discussed and announce it to the rest of the Order." Quick and easy self government for the win. "The main issue with forming an Assembly is the resolve of its membership to make sure that it stays focused on the ideals and beliefs of the Free Council, which is why I think that while Oaths are nice, if we are taking them, then those Oaths should be to those values the Assembly represents. As far as Awakened political organizations go an Assembly is a bit odd in that, well in my opinion at least, it is best served by loyalty to ideals rather than directly to the organization itself."

I pause for a second and give the entire room another glance. Getting some good practice at that. "I, Pulp Noir, swear to uphold the tenets that bind this Assembly, to promote Democracy in the Search for the Truth and oppose Hierarchy that furthers the Lie, to always remember that humanity is magical and the works of humanity contain arcane secrets and to Destroy the Followers of the Lie."

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••

+1
    SL
    PRE

October reaches into her pocket and pulls out a very odd looking pocket watch, she turns it over in her hands, pressing the top and letting it open. Looking at the watch for a couple seconds, then back to the group, she decides it is time to make her Oath. She closes the watch, but keeps it in her hand, “I, October Davenport, swear my unyielding loyalty not only to the Free Council, but to those who also swear to it as well. I will do everything within my power to uphold its beliefs, purpose and support its members without question. My words shall weave into the fibers of my Fate, never to be severed, these are my words and my Oath.” she closes her eyes and places the watch back in her pocket before opening her eyes and observing the group.
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

B
    Baroqo

"There is no -soon- to be trusting...
    What does it mean, Councilor? That you have to save my life one, two, three times and offer me a cappuccino coffee with chocolate?And what if you planned to put me in danger in order to save me, what if the chocolate is rat poison? I do not know about you but For me trust is a gut feeling. I do not think about it. I don't ask any trust in exchange, and thanks for the name. But i've my own teacher."

For a moment, Smile's speech becomes caustic, a flood of spite to the councilor, trying to crush him with all their irrational impeto. His body gives a twitch.

"Sorry Rosh. I was not meaning to insult you... it is only" A Snicker is kidnapped from the table "that I don't like when people says me what I can give and what i cannot. You all are very nice to me, and don't deserve these words. And I am in accord with Pulp. Equal means equal. Even if you are rich, you are equal. Even if you're councilor, you're equal. One for me, one for you.One for us, no?" Amanda breaks the snicker in five pieces "In my parent's country we use to say dividiamo il pane e il sale. This is just chocolate, but it is not rat poison." Happy gives a the five caramel-dripping pieces to Rosh. "I have no the power to make oath true, but this I swear. In those who eat this chocolate, I have faith. Can God bless you. In my own, I will support each one of them, each one who will support the family we are as a council. I will care for them. I will care for this house, if they wish."

Rosh

PRE

Rosh listens, it's hard, but he listens.

So many voices.

"I think our meeting is done. A great discussion, but there is also work. Work you all seem eager to get started."
    Rosh grabs a snick off the table. "I'll eat some chocolate. I'll show some trust. We are organized under trust. Let's build the Future."

[nar]I think the meeting thread is a done guys. My absences hurt the pace and I'm sorry for that.{/nar]

PRE

I watched as Rosh took the offered chocolate and symbol of trust and seemed to breathe for the first time this evening. There were still things to be discussed but well we were the Free Council and well with Libertines there would always be things to discuss, however those things could wait until next time. I smile at the group, finish the rest of my coke and reply with a friendly tone.

"I'll second that. We founded an Assembly tonight, it's something each of us can take pride in." I smile, a genuine gesture of happiness at what we'd done.

R
    Reathin

Alexander felt slightly...off with this whole display. On the one hand, it was a genuine display of the desire to build a strong foundation for an Assembly. That was no mean feat, and the more stable, the better. On the other hand, while the Moros was the type to take most things seriously by default, the founding of an Order's city-wide representation seemed to deserve a healthy dose of solemnity, not sharing of candy. He kept the opinion to himself though, not even permitting his face to twitch. When you taught large groups as he did, you had to develop self-control to avoid strangling some of the more disruptive individuals in the class. His opinion on the presentation aside however, he was hardly about to turn it down. The spirit of it was pure, and Hephaestus supposed that was the important part of it anyway. He took his piece and ate it quietly, considering the moment. Well, they had settled that they were at least nominally a proper union now, though time would tell how strongly it would develop. He had hope though. The Free Council, for all it's rough edges (in his mind, at least), bore ideals worth striving toward. If that meant he had to deal with embarrassment along the way, then so be it. He'd dealt with it before, he'd do so again. Finishing the chocolate, he nearly spoke again, asking what the next step would be, but chose to preserve the moment. It would feel too rushed just then, even though he was eager to begin fortifying the building so as to put his oath to practical effect. He could wait a few minutes.

O
    Ophidimancer

Thanks for a great scene, guys. You can start posting Order Status threads in the Consilium subforum now.
    Notes for Posterity: This was a Sticky Thread.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread