Asa pulls up to the Ordo Dracul Chapter House, and gets out of his car. He pauses, then pulls off his tie and jacket and leaves them in the car before going to knock on the door.

After about a minute, there is a bit of noise beyond the door. A pause. Then Gideon opens the door, face impassive as he stands before what may be the most powerful Kindred in the city. "Prince Clarke," he says, and bows. "Please, come in. To what do we owe the honor?"

"Good evening Mr. Witherspoon, I hope the night finds you well," Asa replied as he entered. "I actually have a request, if you have a moment?"

Gideon closes and locks the door. He turns to the Prince to give his reply, not speaking until he fully faces Asa. The effect is similar to the way an animatronic might move during a pre-programmed speech--just not as herky-jerky. "For you, sir, I have all the time in the world." He gestures to the parlor room. "Would you care to have a seat? I apologize, but I have no refreshments available."

Asa nodded and followed Gideon, saying "Thank you, I appreciate that", before he sat in a chair. He had been to the Chapter House several times, and it felt... odd... to not have to avoid it's former Nosferatu mistress. He considered the other man for a few moments, and decided to get straight to the point. "I and the Harpy Ishani Naetesh are leaving the Invictus," he said calmly. "We both have been considering the Ordo Dracul, and to be quite frank, are wondering how our interest would be received."

Someone who wasn't paying attention probably would think that Gideon had no reaction to this news. In truth, they might believe the man to instead be a very clever mannequin. But there is a reaction, and it's quite clear to a practiced people watcher. His jaw drops ever-so-slightly, eyebrows perking up just so. Gideon is silent for nearly a minute, putting together his response. "We would, of course, be quite pleased and proud to have our Prince and his Harpy amongst us," he finally says. His tone is even, but there is a hint of confusion--and possibly one of excitement, as well. "Might I ask what it is about the Ordo Dracul that has piqued your interest?"

Asa considered the question. His gut feeling was to politely decline the man's question, but that would be unforgivably rude, given their circumstances. Finally, he decided to skirt the truth, without lying. Perhaps in the future, things might be different, but Asa had been keeping secrets far too long to relinquish any readily. "I've always been a bit of a dilettante scholar, in matters of the Blood, and the Harpy is curious about the phenomenon we currently refer to as The Lost Nights," he said carefully. "I would also like to add that this isn't a passing fancy or a 'raid' on the secrets of the Dragon's Coils," he continued truthfully.

The Dragon smiles; it looks passing strange upon his face, even more unnatural than the stillness he usually cultivates. "Not to correct you, sir, but passing fancies are precisely what dilettantes are known for." The smile fades and his usual expression resumes. "You know, of course, that any information we have on those nights is yours, my Prince. You need but ask. If that is what you and the Harpy are interested in, I certainly would not require you leave the security of your covenant to truck with ours. If, however," he says, straightening in his seat a tad, "If you are truly interested in taking refuge with the Dragon, I must make one thing absolutely clear." He pauses a moment, finally starting to feel perturbed when faced with what he was about to say. A small droplet of blood sweat forms on his brow. "That is to say, my Prince, that you and the Harpy will not be afforded special privilege simply because of your city rank--we have our ways of doing things, and our traditions of indoctrination, and although you may be Prince of the capital city of this state I will not have us changing how we treat our novitiates. It simply is not done, sir."

(23:08:50) (Asa): Asa smiled slightly at the other man, a mixture of amusement and admiration at his temerity. "Once, I was a dilettante in city affairs," he said in acknowledgment of the label -- and indication of his ability to focus. "I also understand your concerns," Asa continued, smile fading. "I'm well aware that titles are fleeting. As I have honored the traditions of the Invictus, so shall I honor the traditions of the Ordo Dracul. That is a double-edged blade, however. I have the same obligation to inform you that this Covenant and it's members will be given no special consideration in the affairs of the Domain. There are Princes, and have been here, who paint their Domain with the broad brush of their Covenant. I am not one of those." Asa returned the man's gaze with his own impassive one, waiting to see if there were more concerns, or if the denial of possible prestige would end the conversation.

Gideon nods, almost imperceptibly. "The Ordo Dracul is a serious house of investigation and study. Those who parade their affiliation and peacock about in an attempt to impress others are, in my mind, not worthy of being called Dragons or in sharing our teachings. What we have here is more important than such petty playing about--and what you have, within this city, is more important than what is within this Chapter House. So I must admit I am pleased to hear that we understand each other well." For just a moment, he allows the waxen smile to return. "And I take your point regarding city affairs, sir."

"As a newer resident," Asa said, slipping into a less formal tone, "You may be unaware that the Harpy was the Sheriff for over a decade. I myself also have exceptional investigative skills," he continued, dancing around the fact that he had been a Deputy. That he had been a Deputy before he and Ishani had become involved always seemed to get lost in translation, and it would be a poor follow-up to their talk of non-partisanship. "Perhaps the Dragons will find use of that. I know that the Harpy was good friends with the former Dragon Karsh, who was lost to Bethem." Asa paused, remembering the scarred man with the sibilant voice. He had been friends with him, as well. Asa also knew that Ishani was interested in becoming a Dragon similar to Axe-Sworn Karsh and Veritas, but that was for her to say, later. "I expect that our withdrawal from the Invictus will happen within the next month," Asa continued, unsure of how to proceed, or what sort of initiation protocols there were with the Dracul.

Gideon inclines his head at the Prince. "Indeed, I did not know those things," he says, although he shall be sure to remember them from here on out. "I believe you will find that, as Dragons, you will make much use of those abilities. I must admit," he says in a sudden change of subject, "that we were certainly not expecting to hear news such as this tonight. The Dragons of Sacramento are not... quite prepared.... for two recruits such as yourselves. Perhaps we should meet again in a few nights, and we can discuss any arrangements we will need to make for your transition."

"That sounds excellent," Asa said, rising to his feet. "The Harpy will accompany me then, I'm sure. I hope I can count on your discretion, as well as your Covenant's, during this transition period." Asa gave Gideon a sober look, hoping that he wouldn't discover the Dragons maneuvering or brokering information to those that might wish to maneuver.

"Prince Clarke," Gideon says in a sober tone, "This information does not leave this room until you wish it to."

"Thank you," Asa said, before making his farewells and leaving.