Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
71 - 77
DISPLAYED
A New Light is Kindled

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8

PRE

And last and hopefully not least it gets passed to me, I cut my finger and drip the blood into the cup and pass it back to Q for the circle of drinking to begin. Nimbus after Nimbus is let loose but I'm focused on the small cut on my finger, my mind wandering back to the foundation of my last Cabal, how young we were and how quickly we were forced to grow up. I see them, their faces as clear as if they were in the room now, on the night we took possession of our Sanctum, unburdened by the events of the future. I see those same hopes and innocence reflected in the faces of those around me tonight, in the passion and fire of Q, in the quiet determination of Ahriman, in the reserved calmness of Augustin, in the wonder and excitement of Mike and in the beauty and light of Lux.

Can I do it again? Care about others so deeply and allow their victories and defeats to become my own? Do I have it in me to work with them, fight alongside them, die for them or even watch them die for me? A voice in the back of my head screams to get out, to leave, to be become a rock, an island. Fortify a heart of stone, keep the world away from me and never allow myself to be hurt again. Never lose again.

The cup reaches me and for half a second I want to set it down and leave. To run. Take the easy way out of things.

Fuck that noise.

I care for them. I think I might love one of them. I believe their cause is the same as my own.

They'll need me. One day they'll need me because things get dark and sometimes the night threatens to put out even the brightest light and even the most stalwart defenders of the Truth can lose hope. They'll need someone whose been beaten down before and managed to get up, they'll need someone who understands that sometimes when things get rough all you can do is stand firm and hold the line with everything you have. Someone too proud and stubborn to go down easily.

I care for them. So I stay. So I drink.

My own Nimbus flares. The room increases in temperature, a bead of sweat traces a line down my forehead and lands on my hand. The smell of fresh leather tingles my nostrils and those of the others in the room. Anyone looking at me will see that my shadow has almost taken a form of it's own, appearing it was could best be described as 3D, a dark reflection of my own inner being.

I drink and I set the cup down on a table in front of me, my knowledge of Space making me keep an eye on it in order to make sure that what is left inside will be disposed of in the proper manner.

"Well for a gift, I highly doubt that Hallmark has a line of "Thanks for Letting Us Have An Orgy at Your Place" cards so we're going to have to think about this one."

Lux

PRE

"I'm pretty sure that card would only apply to some of us, but, then again, we're all one now, so that's a fair point," Lux added, smiling slyly. "We could always try something tried and true, though. Like brownies. Or Tass. Or both."
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

"Mana brownies? we would need... thugar." Arhiman says, his tone joking. "I thuggetht we give him Mana beer if anything. "
    Ahriman-Mastigos Adamantine Arrow -
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    DAS:WP 5/6 Mana 0/7
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.
    Lisp: mild. only lisps on s's. Is hard to understand

O
    Ophidimancer

Qadesh laughed at the levity his cabal mates were bringing to the situation. After a scene of such heavy emotional overtones, laughter felt refreshing and light.

"Tass is fine, but I also want to just offer our friendship."

Qadesh smiled and his eyes lit up.

"And maybe a 'Thanks for hosting our orgy' card."

OOC

W
    WiseGreen

"And I guess it's fair to assume he'll always be welcome on our place, once we get it, I mean."

"It's for real now, ain't it?"
    Augustin gives away a faint smile. Yeah, it feels a little weird to trust one's own life to others like that. Not bad, good, but weird.

Lux

PRE

"Yeah, it is," Lux laughed, feeling oddly giddy. "I'd suggest we celebrate but I don't think Jammer would appreciate that unless we wanted to give two 'thank you's'." She snickered once, and then shook her head, sobering up again. "Sorry, it's just a bit heady to realize that this finally happened. The only thing that's left now, besides Jammer's gift, is announcing the Cabal to the Consilium and having it recognized."
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

O
    Ophidimancer

Thank you all for a great scene! Congratulations on founding The Torchbearers of Prometheus! 9-15-2011

THREAD CLOSED

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.