Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(1110) Ventrue

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    E
    Ebon Reaper

The Mexican Lord stands. He begins with the essentials. "Thank you for the nomination Priscus Donovan. If confirmed, I will do my utmost to serve the interests of our family." He inclines his head to her and then turns to Julianne. Of all the people here, he didn't think that she would object to his nomination. "We have all heard the proud boasts about our Clan. Some have called us "the take charge Clan." Others have called us "the Clan that always wins." Even our Clan nickname of Lords speaks to the perception of our nobility and power." As Ricardo speaks, he looks around the group to see how they are reacting to him talking about their nobility. "However, we cannot hope to live up to any of those claims if we are not united. If we squabble amongst ourselves, we will ruin our image with the other Clans. Since we must always make sure our image is pristine, we always need a whip." Now that he justified the position, he moves to justify himself. "I have spoken to most of you before, and found that members of our family differ greatly in their political allegiance. That makes presenting a unified front more difficult. However, I have experience collaborating with members of other Covenants and managing small groups. I believe those experiences would make me idea for facilitating the unity we must show." He rests his case but does not sit. Ricardo waits for any other questions or comments.

He conveniently ignored the subject of Heartman. He had never met the previous Whip. All he knew about the man was that he was head of the Dragons. At the very least, that furthered his point about differing political affiliations.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Risky.

Asa glanced at Ariana as she appointed Ricardo. He wasn't sure if it was because she liked the man, or if she were beginning to help him gather influence for his new Invictus portfolio. Now they would see if she had prepared for her appointment to be questioned.

"There has never been a Whip,"
    Asa said, looking around the table. His tone was even, and informative; answering the question, rather than making a statement of finality.

"A couple of years ago, Mr. Hartman expressed interest in the title."

After a moment of silence, Asa smiled slightly, and made a dismissive gesture.

That encompassed the entirety of Joseph Hartman's involvement in the Ventrue Clan.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

P
    Page

Julianne listens to Ricardo's explanation with interest.

She was not expecting the kindred to raise and explain his appointment before the one that nominated him would do so... maybe it meant something, maybe it didn't...

She listens to the Alder prince explaining that there had never been a whip before, and nods politely to him.

Well... maybe Ricardo had managed somehow to get Ariana indebted to him.

Julianne looks again to Ricardo and politely nods to him.

"Well Mr. Rodriguez, i have to agree that having a whip with no covenant affiliation to which we could count on to rally over would prove to be a boon. I observe your words and make them my own."

She smiles kindly to Ricardo.

E
    Eltacolibre

Andrews listened to the assignment of the whip and observed Lord Ricardo. It looked like this man had an interesting story to tell and a good head on his shoulder, from his first impression at least. He didn't have any questions and the sharing of the dominate discipline was one less bargaining chip with the others kindred but might be essential to keep the discipline to a more exclusive club. He would have to talk with him after the meeting had been adjourned.

C
    C_Lloyd

Kaiden listened closely to Mr. Reyes' words.

"I don't know Mr. Reyes or the current climate of the city well enough to object. But I will say that I do not recall Mr. Reyes saying that he had NO covenant affiliation. Only that he was good at managing small groups. Are you affiliated with a covenant, Mr. Reyes? And if so, what steps will you take to prevent your covenant affiliations to interfere with the business of the Lords? I haven't been able to observe the experience you speak of, so some examples would be helpful."

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana nodded in understanding as she turned to look at Asa. “Alder Prince Clarke, if there has been no need for a previous position, then perhaps we shall remain without one for now.” Her voice did not question his opinion.

As she had listened to Julianne, Ricardo and Kaiden previously she turned back to the table, she smiled and continued. “Mr. Rodriguez is a Solider in the First Estate. As it stands, I do not think there are any here with us this evening. My reason for suggestion was because of observed loyalty to our clan and Domain. If we have remained without one because of lower family numbers, perhaps it should be addressed in the future if our numbers increase. Maybe someone unaligned should also be taken into consideration at that point as well.” Ariana spoke pleasantly as her eyes moved to everyone at the table.

“If we would like to continue the discussion on whether or not one is currently need, we certainly may do so. However, if there are other matters to address, please also feel free to inquire.” The Lordess’ hand made a welcoming gesture as she spoke.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa kept his expression politely neutral, answering Ariana with a noncommittal gesture; he didn't care one way or another about a Whip. He was getting a rapid re-education as to why he'd stop coming to these gatherings as they picked at one another about an inconsequential title.

God forbid anyone tell any of us what to do.

Not the for the first time, he lamented not being Embraced as a Daeva.

These would be a lot more tolerable if we were trying to out-fuck one another.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

C
    C_Lloyd

Kaiden held back a smile as the Harpy rescinded her nomination. The prince had barely said two full sentences, neither of which overtly indicated 'We shouldn't have a Whip', and that was enough to sway her. What's the point of suggestion something if you can't defend it, even before the Prince? Not only that, she didn't allow Mr. Reyes to answer for himself.

Curious

"So, no sharing dominate... period. And I guess you've rescinded your nomination of whip. Mr. Reyes suggested that the clan be united. But to what end? Is territory up for grabs for particular clans? Are particular clans granted rights were others aren't? What can we achieve as a clan that we cannot do by supporting our covenant? And who will enforce these... sanctions, as it were? Unity requires loyalty. Loyalty requires incentive. What is the incentive?"

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa suppressed the urge to roll his eyes at the neonate.

Of course he would be emboldened by what he perceived to be a victory -- never mind that he had ridden Julianne's coattails, or that it was not a victory.

Typical Carthian. You think everything which you have yet to earn is your right.

Asa smiled the feral smile of an apex predator.

"The problem with some neonates is that they lack the singular wit to realize that loyalty is the only coin which they possess. Now that you've demanded incentive to obey, you have accomplished nothing more than placing yourself in the awkward and unenviable position of defending your continued Requiem. You ask for incentives, when the onus is on you; you assume largesse is some divine right due you."

He wondered if the man had been alive during Kennedy's '61 inaugural address, as he spread his hands, and shrugged.

"You are mistaken."

"Your loyalty is not required, because you are wholly unnecessary. If you question your own loyalty, then I can do no less; and if you are not loyal, then you are of no value. If you are of no value... then there is no, how did you say, 'incentive', to tolerate you,"
    Asa explained in a conversational tone.

"I hereby revoke your Acknowledgment. I will allow you the balance of this evening to depart the Domain."

C
    C_Lloyd

Huh. Ass. Last Ditch effort. Let's do this.

Kaiden stands.

"Well - you are mistaken, Alder prince. You've just given incentive. 'Do as I say, or get the hell out of my domain.' The incentive is allowance to remain, or exist, as you've stated." Not only that, my loyalty to You or this domain was never in question - but to that of the clan as a unit. But by your grace, I will leave your Domain. Best wishes to all of you."

Kaiden acknowledges the other Ventrue in the room, and heads for the door.

This kinda screws up continuity? I played in the Carthian meeting as if I was still acknowledged, etc.

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.