Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

House Hunting (Atten Spartan's Hunting Group)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 17 of 17 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

It appears to Sam that the plant is rooted only within the girl. He doesn't see any roots of any kind protruding from her. Rick keeps watch on the stairs, but does not see or hear any sign of the fearsome creatures that had retreated from the house. The little girl's eyes go wide with naked terror as she stares first at the enormous bloody brute leaning over her, then at the man made of metal next to him. Although she begins to shake uncontrollably with unimaginable fear, she just barely manages to control herself enough to form a few coherent words.

"Help... me... don't... know... how... long... thirsty."

S
    Spartan

Spartan looks to the others and then back to the girl. "Just a moment." Spartan takes a bottle of water out of his satchel and unscrews the cap. "Open your mouth." Spartan says and gives the girl just a little water, not wanting to over do it. "Who did this to you? can you tell me anything?"

Sam Barkley

PRE

"I think we'll be able to move her," Sam says to Rick, "but we need the Doc. Unless yew got any ideas? This..." Sam shakes his head, feeling things are above his paygrade. "This place needs to burn," the Doomed growls, and that action item is clearly at his paygrade. "But I dunno how safe it is to take her out of the Hedge like this. I could take her to my place. Ol' Sam will watch over her." Barkley lets the other men tend to her for now; there was a reason they had come down here and the girl, as pitiful as she was, served as a distraction. So while she's being tended to, the Wizened keeps up the search for the book with his flashlight.

L

A snatch of memory comes to Rick, back from the day he'd joined his Entitlement. Scorched cabinetry from when he'd stuck his head through the gap in the doors wile in this form. Hopefully it worked like that in reality as well, and wasn't just part of Arch's pet's illusion.

He flashes over to the wall, raising one crackling finger to it as he (hopefully) sears a name into it.

Betony Rue

S
    Spartan

"Very well." Spartan nods to ElectRick and then looks to Sam and Marcus. "Can we get her out of her without further injury." Spartan thinks about cutting off the tree but if it was a part of her, growing out of her, it would only injure her further.

The Metalflesh takes a good look at the plant growing out of the poor girl's belly. He tries to remember anything useful from what Warden Joe had taught him.

What's it doing to her?
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-10-19 01:45:06 Marcus rolls 7 to INT+Survival+Specialty (10 Again) 8, 3, 1, 7, 4, 4, 6 1 success

The terrified girl opens her mouth and hungrily gulps down the water.

"I don't know... I haven't seen him... in a long time."

As Marcus examines the plant, he recalls Joe mentioning attempts to grow certain hybrid Goblin Fruit. Although he doesn't remember any details, he recalls that they often required strange forms of fertilizer to grow. After nodding in agreement, he joins the others in carefully lifting the frail little thing from the table and carrying her as gingerly as possible up the stairs. Rick's electrical form keeps anything hiding in wait for them cowering in the shadows, and they soon carry her through the mirror and back to the mortal world. Once they have her safely in Marcus' Jeep, the four men take her to Edna's Boarding House in order to seek the help of Betony Rue Jasons.

End Scene

Page 17 of 17 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.