Ended
Watch
21 - 25
DISPLAYED
(1110) Julianne, Castor and Martha

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    M
    MrBrightside

Such a brutal conversation, in such a public place. At least she wasn't too formal. "I have seen one instance as impressive as this." Castor's voice takes on a slightly darker inflection. "The one time I truly failed the Cardinal. He, another priest named Javier and myself were attacked by four Kindred inside within our Church in Austin. They managed to torpor Javier instantly, he was no fighter. One managed to stab me here." Castor points to just above his heart. "I wrestled with that man as the other three charged the Cardinal. Tell me Sister Cross, do you know many skilled sword fighters?" He makes a wicked grin and allows the thought to hover in the air a moment. "Cardinal Keyes, cut two of the assassins in half and decapitated the third, in the amount of time it took me to get away escape my own attacker. I have still never seen blade work to match his." The memory gives Castor a sensation of shame. He was supposed to guard the Cardinal and serve him. That night had almost been a failure.

He looks back to where Twist had shown her display of physical might. "Though I must say, Madame Twist is possibly the finest unarmed combatant I have ever seen. See is certainly cleaner.... What of yourself? Have you seen similar displays." This was his chance to see how sheltered of a past the Sister Cross truly had.

P
    Page

Julianne seems to listen intently to Castor's description of events past, she produces a small frown when he so vividly describes the scene, more out of habit and reflex thna anything, she then reminds herself that she had probably been misinterpreted and decided to compose herself to a more casual stance towards the fellow brother.

"I see Mr. Drake." she offers.

"Well, hopefully your mentor, the good Cardinal Thadius Keyes, wasn't seriously hurt during the attack?" she inquires.

"I wouldn't find that to be a failure, but rather a lesson that the good Cardinal offered you Mr. Drake." she offers with a quiet and friendly smile.

"As for myself, living in Chicago during the Noble experiment allowed me to truly see the darkness that lingers in the deepest corners of all souls." she says in a composed and lowered tone, not wishing to pursue the matter.

M
    MrBrightside

When the Bishop begins toting Eric's body away Castor prepares to excuse himself. Then seeing the Bailiff prepare to speak, Castor holds his comment. He listens attentively to Daniella despite the fact that the announcement didn't pertain to him. It was simple courtesy really. After hearing the announcement he turns back to Julianne. "Sister Cross will you be seeking acknowledgement from the Herald? Now seems a good time." He asks politely. "I need to speak with the Bishop about that body, but I would hate to seem rude by leaving." His words are courteous not sexist. Castor is trying to be a gentleman.

P
    Page

"Oh, yes that seems to be so."

"Thank you for your time Mr. Drake, i hope to see you again soon so that we discuss our views on more spiritual matters, i would also like to hear of your effort in the library to... perhaps we should cross paths soon." she offers with a smile.

"Now if you excuse me, i should attend the meeting, i don't want to leave the Madam Herald, the Bailiff or any of the newly arrived Kindred waiting for me much longer."

She raises from her sitting position with grace and purpose.

"Mr. Drake it has been a genuine pleasure."

She adds and then moves towards the room pointed by the Baillif.

M
    MrBrightside

"It has indeed been a pleasure. I look forward to speaking to you in the future." Castor rises with Julianne and gives a small bow. "Good evening Sister Cross."

As she walks away Castor feels a bit unsettled. The woman was strange. Pleasant but strange. She carried an air of power and majesty present in the blood of all Ventrue but there was also something unsettling. Her blood reminds me of my own. Not wanting to dwell on the meeting Castor returns to the rest of Court.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread