Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
141 - 150
DISPLAYED
(1109) Coronation of Autumn

Page 15 of 20 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... Last

As the crown changed hands and the gathered freehold watched, nothing immediately happened in the Throne Room. Then, slowly, gradually, the pillars, the colosseum, the rustic surroundings slowly melt away as trees appear from the shadows, which deepen distinctly, lining where the walls should be. Above, grey clouds gather in this Autumn twilight to bring with it the feel of a coming storm and there is a sense that the freehold now stand on a high cliff, the distant sounds of waves crashing against rock face. The only portion of the Hollow that remains unchanged is the fire pit itself but instead of a place for telling heroic stories, it is now a place for ghost stories around a campfire.

When the Hollow settles in its new form, Mr Bates raises his voice. "Long live the King!" he says before applauding, and is quickly joined by the other fae whom work within the Four Seasons. Terri, standing nearby also applauds but is far more excitable, even managing to throw in a Whoop! for good measure.

p
    panik

"Probably not, I mostly work in theater. Be or not to be, kind of stuff." Abigail responds. The fairest seems to have appreciated the quote although she doesn't recognize the author. As she's about to continue, the crown shift sovereign and the reign of fear begins. Surprised by the the transformation of the Hollow Commons, she seems be struck in awe, momentarily lost in her thoughts while her eyes slowly scan the new ambiance. When her gaze returns to the summer courtier, she takes a second to recall their conversation.

"What about you?"

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

"Yeah King Rick!" Al-Adin shouts out as loud as he can, clapping and cheering. It so cool to see a friend become king. And he isn't creepy like the old King was.
    The fact that he is being so happy for an autumn courtier tickles the back of his mind, but he ignores it, Rick's a friend, no reason not to be happy.
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

K
    Kazakin

Rook watched the Coronation, numbness still creeping through him. A distant thought occurred to him that it was particularly apt that he had had suddenly found fear in the Autumn Coronation. But it was distant and disconnected.

Instead, the Constable of Calefaction raised his rigid hands and applauded the change of Seasons, the end of Summer's ascendancy. Well, it was done now. Autumn had come, and the shame of the last Coronation could be forgotten. Hopefully, Rick would call for no Goddamn 'let's kill each other in the name of me' moments. Actually, the Metalflesh wasn't sure what an Autumn Coronation traditionally had, other than food.

His transient lifestyle hadn't left time for finding out.

The thought occurred to him that there was a lot that he didn't know, and that was why it was so apparently effortless to predict his every move.

"Yui, sir makes me sound old." The dusting of silver in the man's fur hints toward the truth.
    Silver that dusts his black shoulders and tufts of his ears.

"Miss 'Pereg' is kind and warm. Few in her 'this' are like 'that'." Yui's grin brightens into mirth as he keeps up the game. "The gentleman Neil." Yui quickly points him out. Tiny bells jingle with the motion. "He too is kind and warm. He was 'cold', like us. But he is different now. Richer for it in a way. At times I envy 'that'."

"The New Summer Lord is hot blooded. But he has a keen insight of what is truly important. He gave up a hunt in the Hedge to find the rightful Queen. Not many in Summer made that choice." Yui considered his own words. It was true. Maybe he could give the man a chance.

"The Docter gave us transportation when we needed it to find our missing Lady. The car was damaged, but he never said much about it. He is kind. If you want to see more of 'this'. Then maybe start with any of them."

Yui leans forward on the bar, stiring his drink. "Though. Sometimes its not all 'that' bad. If you want some of 'this', how far do you really have to go?" Yui blushes and looks away. The woman looked up to him and here he was being silly. Yui sets his drink down with a jingle then scoots it aside. He had enough for tonight.

Stripes joined in the cheering, finally feeling himself relaxing as he let loose all the energy he'd pent up by trying to behave. The hunterheart was easily among the loudest as he joined Terri in letting out a 'Whoop!' of celebration.

L

The applause, cheering, caught him by surprise. It hadn't happened at any of the other Coronations he'd been to here. Hopefully the grin he couldn't quite suppress and the wave in acknowledgement of the cheers was at least as much appreciative as it was self-conscious. But damn...all that cheering felt good.

So did the change of scenery. Not that he had anything against what it had looked like. But that was Spartan, this was him. As the applause died down he breathed deep, enjoying the scent of fresh forest air and wood smoke, then spoke, "Thank you. And as the season wears on I hope we will still find reason to cheer. As ever, the Freehold of Sacramento faces its fair share of troubles, perhaps more than its fair share. But one, at least, is hopefully resolved. The issues regarding the Hedge are believed to have been caused by crusades into it lead by a Changeling unaffiliated with the Freehold known as Brother Lucas. However, several Freeholders spoke with him and convinced him that his methods were mistaken, and dangerous. He has halted his crusades and, while not enough time has pased for me to be certain, I believe the Hedge may start to rever back to what it once was." Dangerous, instead of actively malevolent. "At the very least, it should stop getting worse. Lucas Also informed me of four books, each associated with the emotions of one of the Seasonal Courts. Two of them are accounted for within Sacramento, and the prophecies contained within them give dire warnings of what might happen should one individual come to possess all four."

"Which leaves us with three more main concerns that I"m aware of. One is Enzo di Veyron, a former member of the Freehold that has turned Loyalist. He is of the Dancer Kith, slender with mismatched eyes,"
    there's the slightest hesitation in his speech. "last I saw him his tongue had been removed. He spent a brief time as a member of the Summer Court and favors the bow, but to the best of my knowledge is not a particularly dangerous combatant. He has, however, been known to call upon a hedge-mount; a large blue-skinned creature somewhat reminiscent of a pterodactyl. If you encounter him...proceed as you best see fit. I will trust you all to exercise sound judgement on the manner. But be sure to pass any useful information you might acquire to myself or Terri Nutkins, the Harvest Envoy."

"Another issue is Fairweather, and the Bar now known as Maxine's. Either Fairweather or Maxine seem to be trying to turn it into a gathering spot for the Fetches of Sacramento. Why, and for what purpose, is as of yet unknown. But I urge extreme caution to anyone who goes near the place."

"Third, is a being in the Hedge that has adopted the methods of the late Skin 'n Bones. He's been known to kidnap and imprison children, a truly heinous crime. I am still hoping to get a firm lead as to his whereabouts. And if I can manage to, he will be the target of this years Ash Run."

There's a pause for him to gain his breath, and wish he had a bottle of water to wet his throat. He couldn't remember the last time he'd spoken this much at once. "If there is another important issue that you know of...I probably don't. Please bring it to the attention of either Terri or myself as soon as possible."

"But first; it is the cycle of the seasons, the bond shared by the members of the Freehold that allows us to stand strong and resist the threats imposed even by those so strong as the Gentry. So I invite all newcomers, as well as those who simply seek to renew their pledge, to join me in the Freehold Oath."

"As the four Seasons come and go, and one ruler changes for another, as is the natural way of things, we shall watch over the Freehold and shape it from the predations of the Others. In return, we ask that you shall follow the rules laid down and never bring danger to our society, and in doing so, you shall find your mind stays whole and focused. Break this oath, however, and you shall be banished from this land forever."

As he always did when administering a Pledge, Rick could feel the power building in his words as he spoke; giving form and function to fae magic and strands of fate. Except this was far more powerful than any he'd ever crafted, and left the weight of responsibility heavy on his shoulders. Perhaps the first true taste of what it meant to be the Ascendant Sovereign...he only hoped that he was up to the task.

Yui turns and listens to the applause, to the cheers.

He then studies Rick. As those gathered slow to hear him Yui does to.

Any doubts that the man was connected to the Former Mad King die quickly.
    Rick is young and bold but sensible. He looks serious and confident. Asured that what had been defeated would lie still and that what may come would pass like a wave against the shore.

Had HAL stood so tall when He took the Crown? Lead is a heavy load and a reflection never remains beautiful for long.

All things Fade, but the other meaning of Autumn is the Harvest. The Bounty come home and the Thanks in what is shared.
    Rick embodied that wealth of leadership as much as Katrin embodied the rich luxury of knowledge.

Spartan standing tall to crown the new king was poignant. He would have his time again. You can tell a lot by how a man passes on his authority.

As Rick finishes Yui realizes there would be silence again after the Pledges are made.
    So Yui waits, watching various Courtiers renew themselves to the Freehold.
    And as they finish Yui stands and begins the clapping again. The freehold needs a leader. Rick would fullfill that need now. "All hail King Pereg!"

PRE

The Darkling took a sip of her drink while she pondered how to respond. Not surprisingly, her riddle reminiscent response had slipped slightly out of her grasp, but she would never let her fellow courtier know that.

"You really only have to step out the door,"
    she said finally, a sparkle of laughter in her eyes, "and watch were your feet take you. But, thank you for the advice, I believe I will follow up upon it. However, I now have a question. What is the circumstance with the old King of Summer? Has he just stepped down, or is there some other condition placed upon him? After the recent scene here, I have cause to wonder what he is about."

PRE

Irea broke off from her conversation with Yui, and watched enraptured while the crown changed hands and the new Ascendant Sovereign made his speech. She did have cause to pause though, when the Autumn King called for a renewal of the pledge. She had harbored something bordering on dislike for Rick, but it was a misguided notion, a notion the entire Freehold was disproving, and now it was time to move past it. Rick was a king, a leader, a guide, and he had never been anything else when she had first met him, even if his gestures had been slightly misguided. No, it was time to move past that and this gesture, this pledge, would be an Oath to the Freehold, but it would also be the first step towards a new beginning.

The Moonborn stepped forward, so that she was closer to the Ascendant Sovereign but not separate from the crowd, and raised her hands, with palms and fingers pressed together, towards the King. Her voice carried through the Hollow, echoing with hints of Italian and something far more harsh.

"I swear, by my true name, Irea Dimelo, that I shall follow all rules as they are laid down and never endanger our society, lest I be banished from these lands for all time, and in doing so my mind shall stay whole and focused..."

As the final part of the Oath trailed off into silence, the Darkling bowed and moved back to stand next to Yui.

OOC

Page 15 of 20 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... Last
Closed Thread