Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John pays no mind to Lance the mans brashness will eventually get him in trouble, however when Sarah speaks up he is much more inclined to listen.

It was clear they had misunderstood what he meant

"I agree wholeheartedly this neither the time nor the place to determine leadership, and I was not Implying that we elect a Perfect. I was implying that we should have some one who is set up as our official 'go to guy' for city officials, so they know what announcements are coming from the Carthian Movement and not from an individual."

John Pauses,

"Should one of us want to make an announcement concerning the Carthians I know for a fact that the Harpy is going to want to go to the speak to an official spokes person to confirm this. I am not talking about a Perfect I am talking about more of... an ambassador from our covenant to the domains officials.To avoid unneeded confusion and miss communication between us and the powers that be."

John pauses again,

"However that is not even the most pressing matter to me right now... the most important question that I have is, do you all want to have the official recognition as members of the Carthian Movement? or shall we hold off on that until more information is gathered and we are ready to officially reform?"
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

Lance gives Mclean a scathing look. "Mclean," He starts, in a tone of voice you'd use to explain to a child that the stove was hot and would burn you if you touched it, "a Prefect is the ambassador to the Domain officials. I am sure they are aware of this seeing as how they have been dealing with previous incarnations of the Movement for God knows how long. Currently we do not need a leader because we have nothing to lead. We should get a secure meeting space so we can develop something to lead."

Lance looks at everyone. "Let me ask all of you this. If we voted for someone right now to take on the duty of Prefect, even on a pro tem basis, do you think we'd have anything but a four way split? The Movement is too volatile at this time to get anything done if we fall apart into bickering over titles and positions. The Harpy is right down the hall, would anyone be opposed to me going down there and asking her to join us so we can jointly request her indulgence in this matter for the time being? Perhaps she can choose someone she would prefer to use as a contact person until we can comfortably choose a Prefect."
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

PRE

The dead lungs of the Daeva offer a close approximation of a sigh as she listens to first McLean and then Rayner go back and forth again. God those two fight like an old married couple she thinks to herself as John proposes choosing a Prefect after she had said it was the last thing they should be doing and Lance replies by suggesting that the Harpy pick who would be the contact for the Movement. She leans back in her chair and considers both of her Succubi cousins for a second, trying to find the right words to express her feelings on their current situation. After a few moments of consideration she replies.

"Mr. Rayner I would advise against calling in the Harpy. While I have found her to be an intelligent and cultured woman, I believe that this internal matter needs to be solved by us. If we are to be a Covenant worthy of being taken seriously we need to show the Domain that we are not a collection of idiotic neonates with our heads in the clouds or up our own asses, part of that is learning from mistakes made in the past." Sarah leans forward slightly in the chair, pausing for a moment. "Equally important is showing that we are capable of making rational, well thought out decisions for ourselves. This debate is hopefully the first of many we will have, where we will be able to consider the issues and opinions of each other and come to a decision. Like grown up members of a Covenant that deserves to exist."

She smiles, wondering how they would take what she was about to propose. "If an official contact with the Domain is absolutely needed, then we should choose that contact ourselves and just to make sure that the person who volunteers for this assignment does not use it as a back door way to gain the title of Prefect, I would ask that any volunteer for this position remove themselves from consideration for the Prefect position when we actually hold the election for that office." Sarah leans back in her chair, waiting to see who was here for the right reasons and who was here to simply make a name for themselves.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John was getting, very, very tired with Lance. His belittling comments to anything that he didn't agree with were getting old real fast.

However on the concern dealing with who would the Harpy's Carthian Contact, John went silent in thought.

He felt the most qualified to actually have the position of Perfect, though it had never been his intent to be Perfect. John was a PR guy, if someone or something needed to be made to look good that is what he did. plus he had decided a month ago he was going to stay away from being actively involved in kindred politics but instead just watch and report on it.

John takes a long deep breath,

"I'll do it, The Harpy knows me and I communicate with her regularly, so I can keep her posted with any thing we want to announce and keep you guys posted if she needs to announce anything to us."

John then looks around to see if any opposed, his face no longer smiling and had become very serious.

NOS
    PRE

Brenn watched the exchange as much as she listened to it, trying to empirically note how the exchange was going instead of her usual modus operandi of becoming irritated and reading into everyone's remarks. A week ago, the young Haunt knew that she would have reacted differently, but it was time to change, and to grow, instead of stagnating into a pool of spent wrath and broken ideas. She sat upright from her slump, holding one finger in the air, and clumsily crossed her legs.

"I believe that we are capable of making decisions,"
    she began, "but that the four of us will have to be patient enough to allow for some debate. Everyone of us has ideas for the Movement, we all have at least some ambition, and some of us are certainly stubborn; I place myself firmly in all of those camp. Nevertheless, we'll need to give some room for ideas to bounce around and allow our ideas to change to accommodate the ideas everyone else has. I might just be speaking to myself, I suppose, but this might as well be said to all. If it doesn't apply, then pay it no heed," she proclaimed, nodding meaningfully to the three Daeva. "Now, I do apologize for snapping at you, Lance, you were seeking a clarification, not putting words in my mouth, and I don't mean to antagonize."

"However, moving on to the current topic, I would suggest that we do not elect any positions for the moment, and especially not a spokesperson. Like Mr. Rayner said, there is much that we need to develop, and I feel that we will need all the flexibility we can allow for while we build an organization. If only one of us speaks with the Voice, then that limits the extent to which we can speak, it limits the value of what the other three have to say, and it limits the amount of physical movement the Carthians will have. This is a function we can all perform. If anyone runs across information the others need to know, then they can pass it along. If we need to make a declaration, let us all convene and make it. As of the moment, we are all equals, we should share the same responsibilities, and only until we see a particular aptitude or necessity for a position, we should not divide responsibilities. There's only four of us, not twenty, and I believe that we can reach enough common ground that what we say won't come into conflict, not if we attempt to remain unified. Let us be flexible, let us be mobile, let us be equal, and let's build together. Those are my thoughts, but if the majority agrees that we must have a single spokesperson, then so be it, we can vote."

Lance pinches the bridge of his nose with his fingers as Brenn goes on and on. "Miss Lawrence, was that a 'I agree with Mister Rayner, but if you don't we should vote for a prefect' or have I misconstrued your words again?"
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

NOS
    PRE

"No, that was a 'Miss LaFleur suggested that, if necessary, we have an Official Contact With the Domain that is not the Prefect, John volunteered himself for the postion, I disagree that we need that official position because we can all act in that capacity; but, since Miss LaFleur suggested it, and John volunteered for it, one could constitute that as two votes for it, and I was trying to indicate I wouldn't be a problem if we did all deem it a necessity and that I would participate in how we decided it,'"Brenn said, not making much of an effort to clarify. If Lance didn't get that then oh well. If no one understood her earlier statement or the current one, then she'd have some thinking to do.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John watches as Lance makes more of an ass of himself in front of the whole group. He liked where Brenn was going, right now it just seemed like a bunch of people throwing ideas across the table creating more questions and Issues rather than answers and solutions

"I understand what you are saying Brenn, Perhaps it is better that we just put the decision of whether there should be a spokes men for the group right now to a vote."

John Pauses and stands up from his seat to demand more attention from everyone there. He posture was not imposing, it was casual, almost looking as though he were just standing to stretch his legs.

"I also suggest that we all calm down a bit, I feel that we are making things more of an issue of things than they need to be. admittedly that was partially my fault. We also need to Prioritize."

John Pauses again putting his hands in his pockets casually his tone is relaxed but firm,

"For example, at this moment in time none of you here are official members of the Carthian Movement. I wanted to wait till all the questions that everyone had were answered, unfortunately from there things seemed to have gotten away from us."

John Pauses once,

"Perhaps we should get that out of the way before we continue any further with anything else?"

John says with raised eyebrows.

PRE

For a few moments Sarah is speechless as the proposal to vote for another proposal comes around, the idea she had as a last resort if a spokesperson was absolutely necessary twisted around like a pretzel from the Kama Sutra. Then John proceeds to make his "official Carthian" sales pitch, doing his best Vince from Sham Wow impression less than a minute after calling for the vote on the spokesperson idea. That added to the fact that Brenn both agreed and disagreed with the same point in the same sentence, while Sarah liked the Haunt the Daeva wondered if the other women was trying too hard to appeal to everyone in the room. So far the four of them had simply run around in verbal circles and for a long moment she hoped that the room wasn't bugged, not because she was worried about the Carthians being considered a threat to the Domain. No this whole mess was rather embarrassing.

"My suggestion was only if the position was necessary, do we really need to vote on that?" She addresses the question to John McLean with a raised eyebrow. "As for making a decision about joining the Movement officially, I haven't made up my mind one way or the other yet."

NOS
    PRE

Brenn half corrected her slump, a vicious frown plastered to her face. "Okay, ya know what?" she blurted out, the tension continuing to eat at her composure. "Before we continue arguing over half-cocked plans or discussing membership, I think we need to establish something. We've discussed why we're interested in the Carthians, why we considered joining them, but we never discussed what we want to DO both in and with the Carthians. What do we want to accomplish? What is our ever-present, overarching goal? What Purpose will this incarnation of the Movement serve? If we don't know what everyone in this room thinks about those questions, than this entire meeting is fucking pointless. If we are going to start constructing an organization built on ideas and ideals than we need to know what those ideas and ideals are.

"So, I'll start with mine, and I'll be brief and blunt with them, so we can avoid confusion. What is my supreme goal? To serve the Domain and help improve it. What do I want to accomplish? I want to become recognized as a contributing member of the Domain, I want to help ensure that the Domain is governed, and I want to ensure that equality and civil liberties are present for all. What purpose do I see this incarnation fulfilling? Well, I see it as an agent that will help establish the above and one that will help move the Kindred of the city into action, when it's necessary. There, now you know where I'm coming from. Where are you three coming from?"

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread