Watch
111 - 120
DISPLAYED
(1109) Coronation of Autumn

Page 12 of 20 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... Last

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Xerxia looks confused at first as the metallic lion looks at her expectantly. Who is he talking about..? Could it be her..? She was a Loyalist..?

The Fairest decides to step forward a bit, looking Swilla in the eye if he looks back. She maintains a calm look with maybe a hint of confusion and apology as she says, "The only person I know of that Rust Mane might be talking about was someone who accidentally dropped your name regarding being entitled to kill Fetches. I believe she had worms for hair or something..? She didn't seem like a Loyalist, though..."

PRE

"Otto told me she was." Rust replies quickly, but he can't hide his relief. "Where is she now Xerxia?"

If Otto was wrong about this chick being a Loyalist. Rust would have a few choice words with him.

Swilla tried to think as Xerxia explained and realisation dawned.

"Janey? She ain't no Loyalist. True, she's a little crazy but she hunts Fetches as part of her order." He leans forward. "Jus' like me." He stands straight once again. "Now, who the fuck is this Otto?" Swilla asks, looking around however, before he can start to bust heads, Mrs. Rosemary rushes over with what can only be described as a whole pig leg in both hands.

"Mr. Swilla, since you were so patient in waiting while I cooked this, here," she says, holding out to him, an act that placates the Beast considerably.

"Oh, wow, thanks Missus Rosemary." Swilla takes the pig leg and wanders away from the situation, instead refocusing on the food.

Nearby, Mr. Bates seems to breathe out and raises his voice once more. "Ladies and Gentlemen, if you could please gather near the...er...fire pit, the ceremnony will begin shortly." He looks to catch the eyes of the Sovereign's present and bows. However, when he cannot see the Spring Queen, he seems even more perturbed and jostles away, muttering to himself.

Jack wonders why in the hell Otto would have told the fallen king of Summer that Janey was a Loyalist. Perhaps the situation with Enzo had confused the beast. Or maybe the rusty elemental had simply gotten his wires crossed. Not for the first time, the good doctor considers giving Rust Mane one of his business cards and an offer for a free session. But not only is Jack unsure of how Rust would respond to such an offer, he is currently too embarrassed by his Court to even consider approaching the wounded lion. Otto has possibly spread misinformation which lead to a potentially disastrous confrontation and both he and his Queen are conspicuously absent at the new Autumn King's official coronation. The were-otter could be forgiven, but Alice's failure to attend the festival could only appear to be an intentional snubbing to the Autumn Court. Jack raises his glass in order to hide the reddening of his cheeks as he considers the implications of his Queen's slight.

"That and this," the Darkling pronounced, giving Yui an enigmatic smile. "Mostly I've been doing that, instead of this," she continued, gesturing broadly to the expanse of the Hollow, and by extension all that it was affiliated with. "I confess that even after some months of living here, I feel rather lost, unsure of where to go, and thus I've spent much of my time doing that, but the folly is merely mine own. Our Freehold is quite accommodating, and I intend to start taking advantage of this. For instance, I did go along with Ms. Nutkins on her hens' night, and that is a start, even if a small one.

"What of you, Sir? Or do you prefer Yui? How have you fared?"

PRE

Rust slowly puts it all together.

Otto deserves a kick in the shin.
    "You hunt Fetches?" Rust asks to be clear. "Lucas as well. I'm glad my information is grossly exaggerated. I'll have to 'correct' that. Again. I apologies."

Otto had lead Rust to believe Enzo was working with ?Janey?.
    Clearly this is not true. Rust wonders how much this is his own fault for not double checking before he approached Swilla.

"Otto made me concerned, I only felt it right I come to you. I never meant for it to be public business."

Rust bows once, stepping away. "Enjoy your meal in peace." Rust shrugs at anyone still 'watching' this piece of business.
    The Coronation is starting and shit is already flying. Rust turns and sees one person who can clear this up. Rust hardly trusts Xerxia.
    How can he after that day?

The more Rust thinks the less he believes Otto's lie is intentional, or even deceitful.
    "He could have been a little more clear." Rust rounds on the good Docter and not looking to happy.

But his features soften quickly as he approaches, as if Rust wants to appear friendly. "Docter. Mind if I have a word sir?" The honorific is honest. Rust waits patiently as the mood in the room shifts. "As Otto has failed to appear, I wonder if you can set me straight on a few matters?" Rust hopes he projects respect. It would not be good to offend anyone else tonight.

What would the neighbors think?

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri looked over as Swilla's voice caried through the whole of the Hollow and sighed. She should have gone over there but decided against it seeing as it was none of her business. Also, if she was being completely honest, Big Swilla unnerved her and even though she would gladly have a conversation with him, she really wouldn't know what to say. When Stripes began to talk, Terri turned her attention back to him, smiling.

"Oh, yeah, there's always something going on," she chuckled, relieved that the confrontation seemed to have difused. When Mr. Bates announced that the ceremony was about to begin, a shiver of excitement shot through her body.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

p
    panik

Abigail takes the glass offered to her as she thankfully smiles. "Somehow, our kind is either persecuted by troubles or creating some." A comment more than a joke although the tone she uses is misleading. "Things have been pretty good. Mostly busy with rehearsal and stuff like that." The fairest sips the pinot before continuing. "How about you?"

The Manticoress approached Doctor Jack and leaned towards him slightly.

"It does not feel right to me, this constant fighting. Not healthy."

Juno looked around, her clear blue eyes taking on a sadder quality as she noticed, no realized, that Alice wasn't in all likelihood going to put in an appearance.

"I haven't seen Queen Alice at all this evening; it isn't like her to not attend, or is it a familiar thing to see Nightfall alone. This bothers me."

As Rust approached the two Spring Courtiers and addressed Doctor Jack, the Manticoress grew silent.

L

Rick gave another long sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Next time...make sure you have your facts straight before implicating someone in Loyalist activity at a Coronation." But at least things had stayed relatively civil this time around. The slices of pheasant were spared a glance, but first things first he supposed. So he made his way over to the fire pit, curious as to how this would work with the Ascendant Sovereign not technically crowned and the Spring Queen missing.

Page 12 of 20 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... Last
Closed Thread