Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

With precedent the notion may be, but what was the wisdom of it?

Respectfully, Dillon offers his views in a quiet tone. "I don't think that the lack of a Bishop shows a weakness to the other Covenants as much as shunting someone into a title for political benefit does. We're not the Carthians. A properly Anointed Priest of the Lancae et Sanctum leading our Covenant with the same ability, or likely more, than a Heirophant, Prefect, or Grand Wyrm leads theirs would be a powerful statement.

"That being said, it would be a wise move to seek out this Cardinal. I didn't consider that possibility myself. Should have known you'd have already thought this through, Deacon Grigoriev."
    The statement ends with the ghost of a smile and a nod of deference.

Idly, Dillon wonders if it's the same wandering Cardinal that Flores mentioned, and what kind of omen that would be if it was. What was he called again?
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

"After the disgrace of Anton, Brother Connery, they would see it as us saying 'We have no one to replace him'," Sidor said simply. "And as I said. There must be more than just a single Priest here. We are not the Carthians indeed- we are much less of an embarrassment to this Domain, for a start. We have produced good and ill. I simply desire that we produce no more ill." He took a moment to look at the other two members of the Sanctified, accepting their silence as assent.

"Still. I appreciate your thoughts on this matter. It is always good to get another perspective,"
    he said thoughtfully, his shrouded features masking the look of intense concentration on his features.

"I will go on this pilgrimage then. To secure the future of our Purpose. And Brother Drake, Brother Connery... I am going to recommend that you both consider if you wish to seek Annointment as a Priest."

M
    MrBrightside

Castor feels a bit of relief seeing that the disagreement was peacefully resolved. Men ascending to power had a nasty habit of involving significant violence. This was a good sign. These were not the typical breed of power hungry vampires and that would prove beneficial to the Purpose. The Deacon declaring he would go on a pilgrimage was answered by Castor with a nod of approval. As for the idea of becoming a Priest, he liked the idea. Serving the Lancea et Sanctum in such a way would be a great honor.

"Deacon Grigoriev, I would be honored to seek anointment. I will give it serious thought." Castor's voice is humble. "There is also something unrelated to leadership I would like to discuss when present business is concluded."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

"I understand." Dillon said genuinely. So long as he knew there would be no talk of the four laymen among them taking it upon themselves to anoint a Bishop, all was well. He knew very little about Sidor Grigoriev, but one thing he felt sure of was that the man wasn't naive or foolish. That, more than anything, was a relief. Thus, the next part is more for the sake of showing unity to Castor and Josephine, than anything else. "It was just a matter of consideration, not dissension. I'm glad you take my perspective seriously, Deacon.

"As for becoming a Priest, I have had no ambition toward it, but if I feel I am called to, I will seek anointment."
    The statement ends on the solemn unsaid note that there will be much prayer and meditation on the subject by the Gangrel among them.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

I
    Irina

Doctor Powell had not known Brother Connery or Drake long enough to make any sort of determination of their abilities as a Priest; and she wondered what they would do with that sort of position. Her attention however, for the most part, remained on the Lancea et Sanctum's future Bishop.

"How long will you be gone?"
    she asked simply. Naturally it was necessary to know that for the purposes of the Covenant; but moreso for their Clan.

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor smiled very slightly behind the shadows, as they all responded in a way that to him, defined the contrast between them. Castor, overly polite, overly humble, waiting to raise anything as if it were hardly important, even if it was to him. Connery... was still Connery, and he could see the contrast, the insecurity. And Dr. Powell, who was more concerned with the practicality of anything than such thoughts. That was probably why he found her so appropriate as his student.

"A few days, Doctor, no more," he said simply, before turning to the other two. "As I believe we have already established the progression of the leadership situation, please, Brother Drake- go ahead." He had other business to consider- like the invasion of Moore House, still unconcluded. But the Russian Haunt was curious as to what Castor wanted to discuss.

M
    MrBrightside

Castor readjusts himself in his chair. "I like to undertake projects at the Churches I visit, which will continue to benefit other sanctified even when I am gone. My hope is that I might undertake a similar project here in Sacramento." He gazes at the other members expectantly. "It is my desire to build a library either here in Moore House or another haven. During my travels I have made a number of friends. I can to use those connections to start a collection here. Books on our covenant history, theology, perhaps even Theban later on." Castor's voice is passionate as he speaks. "I learned nearly as much in libraries as I did from Cardinal Keyes. I'd like to provide a similar gift to our members here."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon looks over to Castor in a thoughtfully appraising sort of way, as though he was seeing him in a new light. It was very similar to his own plans for the Haven he'd been envisioning for himself, but of course this was much more... generous. A Sanctified library, to be left for the benefit of the Sacramento Spear when Drake eventually moved on. Hm.

Well-read the Gangrel actually wasn't, despite his vocabulary, but it was a problem he was working to rectify nightly. He found himself daring to approve.

"I think that's a pretty admirable idea," Dillon says with a slightly warmer tone than he usually used in Moore House. Then, the thought hits him that he hadn't exactly gotten the guided tour of the establishment, and he looks quizzically to Sidor (still not nearly as animated as he normally is, though). "What sort of texts do we have here, Deacon?"

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

"None," Sidor replied to Dillon, his voice blunt. "Flores did not care for them, and I believe anything that was placed here before was removed and burnt upon his ascension to Bishop. I have certain texts in my private possession, but there would be a problem for the rest of you- what I possess is naturally, written in Russian." His shrouded gaze flickered to Drake, and he nodded.

"I approve of your idea, Brother, and I applaud you for offering such an undertaking. Tell me only what you need, and I will ensure you are supported in your construction of such a valuable resource. I will, of course, endeavour to translate what is in my possession for the collection," the Deacon felt a small glow of pride for the offer from a member of his family. Drake was proving to have a real sort of devotion. The sort that the Russian felt was lacking sometimes.

I
    Irina

Books were sort of Doctor Powell's thing, and particularly now when she was at the very beginnings of her Sancitifed understanding, she was eager to fill in the numerous gaps. Having something tangible to hold, to spend a few hours poring over would keep her from continually asking questions as well. It was something that she was slightly wary over doing, if answers could be found elsewhere first.

"An...excellent plan, I think," Doctor Powell nodded in gentle approvement. "I would...look forward to helping, where I can."

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.