Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(1109) Josephine and Martha

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Martha Villiers

PRE

Measurements? Martha had expected it. She'd had them done before, of course...but...that was a while ago...the doctors and medical staff were then unknown to her. The transactions were rushed...anonymous. This would be different.

She blinked for a moment, neither cringing nor frowning at the smell this time, as she had at the park in an unwanted and reactive gesture of surprise and curiosity. She did not shrink from the aroma. Now the scent emanating from Josephine took Martha's memories back to the hospitals...the chaos of surgical wards and aftermath of her own encounters with the medical profession. Lost in a wash of unbidden, profound memory and accompanying silent reflection, she gripped at her cane...slowly she came to her sense and offered a happier smile. "Of course, doctor...I have full confidence in you, doctor! I have great admiration for your training and skills, ma'am, and will do all I can to be a good and obedient patient!" she enthused, eager and genuine, although worried by the need to be measured, she did have faith her Josephine, her smile now tried to convey this faith. "I stand ever ready to attend your surgery, doctor. Perhaps we can meet later in the week, please, doctor...if that is convenient for you?" a bashful smile. Her praise may same over eager, but there was no doubting the honesty of her words.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

I
    Irina

"I have no other plans," Doctor Powell assured the Herald. "Simply let me know the date and time, and I'll be here." She chuckled a little bit, before speaking again to explain herself in case the reaction caused offence. "It's actually pleasant to have such a willing patient," the Haunt admitted. "Most aren't so eager; but then I suppose people like us have an advantage over Kine in the same situation."

That and this wouldn't be occuring over a battlefield, or other unsavoury conditions.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nods with humility and care. Trying to do so with grace. "Thank you, doctor! I look forward to being your patient!" she seems to mean this and nods again. "Goodness! I confess, ma'am, I was nervous at raising this matter! Thank you for making the matter so easy on me. It speaks volumes about your professional capacity!" a smile, her mood clearly lighter. She grips her cane. Then, as if anxious not to overwhelm the Doctor with praise, no matter how sincere, lest it appears the reverse...she offers gently and meekly invites Josephine to rejoin the Court. "Did you have anything to discuss with me, ma'am...or shall...shall we return to the Court, doctor? I am eager to hear of anything you may wish to discuss!" she enthused, all wide eyed.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

I
    Irina

"I've been around long enough to gain a pretty good bedside manner," Josephine answered. Well, there was a brief span of time that was unpleasant; but it was hardly something to bring up in polite conversation, or at all.

Doctor Powell was about to bid the Herald goodbye, as her mind skimmed across the conversation to ensure that everything that needed to be discussed had been; when a small point stuck out in her mind to niggle at her.

"Actually, there is one thing,"
    Doctor Powell began, brow knitting into a small frown. "You mentioned coming to my clinic- I don't have a clinic," she explained, her voice masking the disappointment. What kind of doctor didn't have a clinic?

"I don't have tenancy in this Domain...none of the Nosferatu do. Weren't you aware of that? We wouldn't go against the Prince's rule and own secret businesses."

The basement just wouldn't do; perhaps Deacon Grigoriev could loan a room at the Ridge. She would have to make arrangements for that, too.

Martha Villiers

PRE

"None?" she seems shocked. "Why ever not? Is it mischance that they lack Tenancy?" she asked, surprised. "I shall give the matter thought! I shall ask the Alder Prince about this. There maybe some edict I am unaware of at work here...if there is not, we can certainly talk about securing and winning a Tenancy matter in the near future!" a happy smile. Her words genuine and honest.

I
    Irina

"The matter being resolved would make us quite grateful; I...assume the matter was just overlooked previously. Other, more important issues have been troubling the Domain. But I know my Clan would appreciate the ability to set up businesses- a clinic, for one," Doctor Powell responded, her tone remaining polite but a little more pointed.

Just because she was used to working in less than ideal conditions, didn't mean that she wanted to continue that trend into the modern times.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nods in understanding. "Yes, I quite see, ma'am. I can see it must be frustrating. As I say, I shall explore the issue. There may be some history to this which requires understanding. All the same, ma'am, I shall request the opportunity to talk to the Alder Prince on the matter on your behalf and make your query known." a smile and another happy nod. She seemed genuine in this. But, anxious not to get drawn deeper into making any committments she cannot promise to, she was eager to take the doctor's message on board and leave the outcome for another day. "I daresay we should return to Court, doctor!" there seems no hurry in her words, her tone bright and cheery. A smile.

I
    Irina

Perhaps it was surprising, but the lack of tenancy had not really bothered Josephine until this moment. Even then the perturbance surrounding the situation was bourne of a rising desire for business, not a home. Fleeing from Chicago, she was used to bunking down wherever she could. Now however the lack of tenancy was a problem.

Hm. Flores and Dirge had tenancy; if there'd been a recent ruling about the Nosferatu, Sidor would've mentioned it. It's just a little important.

"Of course. I don't want to keep you from your business,"
    Josephine nodded politely, and offered a small smile. "Enjoy the remainder of your evening, Herald Villiers."

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Thank you! You also, Doctor!" she chirps merrily and, smiling and with steady steps, makes her way back to Court. Holding the door to Court open politely for Josephine as she does so.

I
    Irina

With one last nod, this time of farewell and quick, "Thank you," Josephine headed out of the office. Hopefully the tenancy problem could be resolved quickly.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread