Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Calling All Haunts, Yet Again

Page 3 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    M
    MrBrightside

Castor looked around the room and gazed into the eyes of his fellow Nosferatu. These women had nominated the Deacon with unanimous consent. Clearly he was the man for the job, but Castor still felt uncomfortable passing a vote when he knew so little about his fellows. Regardless, he had a degree of faith in Sidor and if his clanmates did as well then he would vote as his gut told him.

"My fellow Nosferatu, I am a stranger to you. Coming here to vote, I was unsure of how you would react. Yet each of you have nominated the man I would have supported for the job. Yes, Deacon Grigoriev, I would ask that you become our priscus. While I have known you only a short while you have seemed a capable leader. Taking up this responsibility, I have no doubt you can perform this duty with honor." Having nominated Sidor, Castor couldn't help but feel relieved. His clan had voted in such a way, that he didn't look like an empty headed tool blindly supporting the Deacon.

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor nodded, slowly. The shadows trailed across his features as he felt the sword of Damocles dangling over him. Perhaps that was better. As long as he felt that sword over him, he would know that he still recalled his reason. He looked briefly at his hands, the movement hidden in the darkness of his face, and he observed the pale scar between his finger bones.

Yes, I remember my lessons. From you and from Otets. But this will be a solitary journey, I think. There will be a new lesson at the end of it, or else my destruction.

A passage popped into his head, from nowhere. He was sure Otets had said it to him once, but the reference escaped him.

'You are being forged in this crucible of life as gold is forged.'

Perhaps he was only just beginning to understand the meaning. The Russian Haunt dourly considered that there was never time to stop learning those precious lessons.

"Very well. The Clan's voice has spoken, and I will do my utmost to uphold and serve this Clan in its coming duty. With my election, the role of Whip is emptied, and I feel it important, within our family, to have more than one authority to whom we can turn. Therefore, I invite any who would volunteer to hold the position to put themselves forwards. To be Whip is to be unafraid to speak when a Clan member is in the wrong. Even if that member is the Priscus."

I
    Irina

It felt exhilarating being a part of something which, in Doctor Powell's opinion, was really rather momentous. She was sure that it must have shown in her attentive expression. She was more than certain that the right decision had been made: it had been a fair vote, and no one was left feeling left out or bitter over the result. That was good, and boded well for the Clan.

So intent had Josephine been on the decision of Priscus, on listening to the decisions of the other Haunts, that she had not even considered that the role of Clan Whip would now become a vacant position. The decision to elect someone immediately was sound, in her opinion. Better not to wait, to put these things off. It was important.

"I..." Josephine paused for a moment, but she didn't rethink her choice. Could this be the next step on her journey? "I will put myself forward," she stated, her voice firm. "I want to repay the Clan for what's been done for me. And I think I'm...more than capable of rising to the challenge."

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer listened to Josephine intently; nodding as she agreed with the Doctor.

"I think that a genuine will to help the Family is precisely what we need." She stated. As she continued her sentence, the metaphorical frog in her throat
    started its annoying habit of obscuring her normal speech. But she felt strongly about this; and continued as her voice began to warble.

"In our brief conversation, you gave me the encouragement and advice that I've taken to heart to better myself and redoubled my motivation to forge myself into someone this family would be proud to claim. Its not often someone looks into themselves to help another; and I believe that you would motivate all of us to great heights. The Doctor Powell should be the whip for the Nosferatu of Sacramento. "
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

NOS
    PRE

Brenn had sat in silence after she had cast her vote and the meeting had continued, reacting almost not at all to her fellows, but she adjusted her posture when it came time for her to speak again.

"Honestly, I find myself to be in Mr. Drakes shoes, for this next vote. However, it is not a lack of time spent in the domain that's put me in this position, but rather a lack of attention spent towards the Clan. Our, ahem, Priscus," Brenn emphasized, nodding, "is the only member of this Clan that I know, and thus I felt it appropriate to cast my vote earlier tonight, but I will abstain from voting on this issue. I have, in my eyes at least, given up a right to speak on the matter of deciding our next Whip, but I will trust the collective judgment of the clan. Provided it is not proven otherwise in the coming nights, that is." Her words were spoken plainly, coming from a place of logic rather than emotion, but her gaze was unflinching and her shoulders were set. Brenn wasn't happy about casting out her voice on the issue, but it was the proper choice, the best way to admit her folly and her desire to move past it.

M
    MrBrightside

Brenn giving up her vote caught Castor a little off guard. It spoke to a bit of disunity among the clan. "I must also place my faith in others. I have no qualification to vote on this issue. Though I trust my clanmates in selecting the person most qualified for the job." He tries to repress his drawl and speak clearly. "Sister Powell, if you are indeed the one who should hold this position, I trust the others to elect you. In this vote however, I cannot support you." Castor turns to Sidor, awaiting his verdict.

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor's gaze flickered from member to member, his shadows stealing that very slight movement as he regarded each of them in turn. Dr. Powell advocating herself- that pleased him, spoke to some new wellspring of confidence from the good doctor. The support from Jennifer proved only that Josephine had begun to do the work that was required of her. And then Brenn abdicated from the vote.

He shook his head very slightly. Disappointing. So she still had not gone to the effort to learn of her Clan members, and instead of supporting them, had simply abdicated in front of newcomers. A shame. A great shame.

"I believe she will be a worthy Clan Whip. I fully support her in this application. Congratulations, Whip Powell,"
    Sidor said, his voice thoughtful and controlled, his composure like iron. "There is but one more order of business I need to discuss with you all." He looked out over them.

"We have still not identified the individual who assaulted our last Clan meeting. It is for this reason I have ensured this one takes place in a building with witnesses present outside. Likely, the assailant will not risk a Masquerade breach- and there are more of us together at this time. But it is necessary to find out what has occurred. And fresh eyes-" he glanced towards the new individuals. "-may have new ideas."

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer leaned forward; intrigued to hear of this new information.

"Forgive my ignorance of the event, brothers and sisters. I normally do my research prior to assignments; that I assure you." Her voice continues to
    waver like a violin; but she continues on undaunted.

" I would enjoy being employed in any situation needed. I can provide a summation of my talent and experience; if you wish, Priscus."
    "Yet, may I hear what ideas have been attempted so far?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

M
    MrBrightside

The idea of attacking a Clan meeting was insane. The audacity to try it made Castor's mouth gape. Who in their right mind would attack a Clan meeting? It is practically suicide. The fact that the perpetrator escaped is impressive though. This was a chance for Castor to prove his worth to the clan.

Regaining his composure Castor makes his offer. "Priscus Grigoriev, I have past experience in law enforcement. I am no great detective but I would like to contribute my skills to the investigation. Do we know a possible motive for the attack? Have there been similar attacks elsewhere? There must be some reason for such a risky course of action." His mind is beginning to get back into his old habits. Sure this was no horse thief, but some techniques held true no matter the investigation. Then realizing he had gone straight to work Castor took a step back. "Was anyone hurt in the attack?"

I
    Irina

Doctor Powell had made the suggestion of herself, logically expecting the possibility for opposition. Had anyone had doubts about her ability to step into the position of clan Whip, they would surely have spoken up, provided reason as to her unworthiness. Had their new Priscus voiced a concern, she would have back away. The lack of such a response made her feel heartened, and it solidified the growing belief in her own capabilities.

She smiled, and nodded her head once. "Thank you," Doctor Powell responded. "I won't let the Clan down," the Haunt added with resolve. Josephine felt a glimmer of pride as her new title was used, for the first time. It felt good.

The gratitude thus extended, Doctor Powell almost waited for Sidor to respond. However seeing as she had been in the thick of it, she realised her perspective may help the new clan members, than his clinical assessment. "It would be better to start first with what actually transpired," she began, and paused for one moment to gather her thoughts.

It seemed such a long time ago now, since the attack itself. Much had occured since then; other, equally important matters had taken her mind from it. "Essentially, before the start of the last meeting, someone in the guise of the former Priscus attempted to murder Priscus Grigoriev. We believed the perpetrator was actually Dirge - the...Priscus before that," she stated, with a trace of irony.

"He struck at the attack with Sorcery, but they escaped. Naturally, we tried to intercept them but our attempt failed and they got away. I was torpored in the struggle." Josephine didn't dwell on that matter, and instead chose to plough on. "At the time Dirge was our only suspect, because of the circumstantial evidence: for example, she was known for using a spear, like the attacker, and she struck at members of the Sanctified. But...we found her in the Necropolis, and Priscus Grigoriev established that she wasn't the person we were looking for."

Now she fell silent, allowing the opportunity for further questions; or for the Priscus to add any further comments.

Page 3 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 5

You do not have permission to view the list of names.