Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max can only nod at the Harpy's observation; he had long ago learned to never overestimate the masses.

No, that's only how people wish to remember it. Nostalgia wears rose colored glasses; turn of the century America was just as decedent and corrupt as the world we live in now. The only difference was the music was better... *The Reeve smiles, humming a few bars of "Rhapsody in Blue" while listening to Ariana talk of the Claire.

He grows quiet once again as he thinks over the idea of a costume, finally shaking his head "no"* Nothing I can thing of in particular. I tend to wait for for last moment with these things, waiting for a burst of inspiration at the last moment...

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana pursed her lips for a moment as she thought. “I would venture to guess that the decadence and corruption are just more prevalent with modern technology. News of all sorts travels faster.” Glancing to see Katrina suddenly leave.

“What sort of inspiration is needed for such bursts?” She smiled to Max, then put up her hand for a moment. “Now, I will not pressure you into going. I do recall seeing you at the Vanilla night at the Asylum. I think you were in the spirit of things then.”

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max nods.* That's true, when radio was the fastest means of mass communication, information traveled at a much slower pace. I... *Max turns and watches Katrina leave, instinctively looking around to see if it was due to some disturbance. Content everything was as it should be, he returns to the conversation.*

As Mr Edison once said; "Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration." And since we don't naturally sweat, that one percent of inspiration is counted on to do a lot. I usually find it in the oddest and least expected places.

*At the mention of Vanilla night, Max can only laugh sheepishly; reaching back to scratch the back of his head.* Did you? Allow me to apologize for any temporary blindness I may have caused; it's understandably hard for me to get a good tan on short notice...

A
    Ariana Donovan

Thoughts of candy and a dream land appeared as Max mentioned the Edison quote. She had heard it in a children’s movie years ago. “Inspiration can surprise us around any corner Reeve Heinz.” Ariana smiled with a wink.

“I can see perfectly fine and I assure you, there was no temporary blindness. As we spoke of other new things in this day and age, there are things such as spray on tans." Laughing softly at the thought of such silliness. "Fortunately for myself even, pale skin is not any sort of surprise.” She smiled and looked up at her hair for a moment and then back to Max.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

And sometimes it invites you over to talk... *Max answers, letting his gaze linger on the Harpy for a few seconds longer then before. He then turn his head to watch as even more Kindred make their way into Court. A soft sigh from the Reeve, and he looks back to Ariana.*

It looks like things have picked up. I'm sure you have others you need to talk to tonight, Madam Harpy. Perhaps we could continue this conversation some other time? *As Max speaks, the easy smile and slightly playful tone of voice drop away, Max once again becoming Reeve Heinz as he gets ready to get back to work for the evening.*

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana smiled and nodded as she agreed with Max. “I believe you may be right. Thank you again for the brooch Reeve Heinz.”

“I believe you know how to reach me. I would be delighted to continue this conversation again soon.” Smiling again with an accidental wink. She gave him a slight curtsy and turned to back to the crowd of Kindred.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread