Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Ruination

C
    Conner Greyson

Fire Fire Fire Burn Burn Burn, I am on fire... I am …

Conner Greyson, Priscus of Clan Mek... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHBHHH!!!

Mother Fucker Your On FIRE!!

Conner releases a blood curdling snarl as he flies out the door shortly behind Lance. Conner cannot reply to the devil in his mind, there is too much pain.

The next thing Conner knows he is in a dark place, covered in foam and a tattered blanket. And then... the pain starts. The pain in his hand is gone, it is as if his hand does not exist. But his shoulder, his shoulder is screaming with pain all down through his pectoral. Conner brings up a shaking right hand “Holy Fucking Hell” Conner tries to say but his mouth is filled with the foam. His hand is melted down to the bone, charred and blackened.

Conner does his best to center himself, centering what was left of his mind. The foam cooled him but stung in his giant open wound. But at least he was not on fire. Conner reaches out with his mind, “Cheyenne, Cheyenne I hurt...”

“I know...” Conner hears in her mind.

The next thing Conner knows the trunk opens. Conner slithers out of the trunk, soaking in foam and sinue. Water, a hose, Cheyenne begins to wash off the foam and blood and sinue. Conner watches as the chemicals run down the floor drain. Cheyenne wretches, and then washes it down the drain as well. Conner’s entire right arm is melted down to the bone and the right side of his chest is a ravaged muscle and sinue.

“Is there food coming?”

Cheyenne nods and begins to cut away the clothing. First his coat, then his shirt.Cheyenne takes a needle-nose pliers and begins to pick the shirt out of his flesh. Cheyenne vomits again.Cheyenne finishes and walks around to the front of Conner,

Conner’s one eye stairs to Cheyenne “Go in my room, change the sheets. Is she home?”

Cheyenne nods and proceeds to do the duty she is ordered.

Conner walks into the bathroom and looks into the mirror. A gray globular bur floats in the mirror. By shear force of will Conner forces the mass to take his reflection. “I am destroyed.” Conner says as he steps away from the mirror and heads into the basement...

C
    Conner Greyson

And now, from a different point of view

I sit outside the chapter house in the Lexus. Conner and the other guy? What’s his name again? Max? Yeah that’s right. They have been in there for a bit and then I see something that makes me nervous. A flickering light in one of the windows, and then “Oh shit.” I say as I step out of the drives side and for just a moment I step toward the door.

“Stay out of Danger, I will not loose either of my women”

I hear Conner’s voice in my head from the first night I joined him, well that's not what he said the first time, but he has said it since she came along. My Master and Mistress. As I place a foot on the step that leads up to the door the door busts open and out flies someone I don’t recognize, and then someone... “Oh Shit.”

He flies out the door and lands on the pavement. Rolling and rolling. I rush to the trunk of the car and pop it with the fob. I pull out a blanket and the mini fire extinguisher we keep in the trunk and then... the flaming man runs by, at 1000 miles an hour. My master. “Oh Shit.”

The trunk is slammed and back in the car I go, right into the drivers seat and I take off after him like a bat out of hell. As I drive up next to him I kick the door open and it slams into his back and sends Conner sprawling. The anti-locks get a work out, the trunk releases and I dash out of the car and cover his body with the blanket. He lashes out at me as the fire begins to smoulder. The blanket flies off and WOOOSH I cover him in flame retardant foam. I got a moment, just a moment and I toss the singed blanket over him, use that gift he game me and spear him into the trunk of the car. Its like a pro wrestler or something. Before I slam it shut I hose him down again with the extinguisher until the can runs dry.

Slam goes the trunk and away we go back to the haven. I text three of his herd and tell them their master needs him as I pull onto the interstate.

“Cheyenne...” I hear his voice in my mind... “Cheyenne I hurt...”

“I know...” I reply back to him.

10 minutes later and we are home, the car in the garage and the man out of the trunk. I wash him down with a hose from the back yard, the water and chemical running down and into the floor drain. My master is a wreck, his entire left arm is burned down to the bone, The side of his chest is muscle and sinue, "Is that his heart". I vomit. It wasn't his heart.

“Is there food coming?”

I nod to him and begin cutting away his clothing. First his coat, then his shirt, I use a needle-nose to begin picking shirt out of his skin. I vomit again as I try to finish picking at him. Conner, my master, stands there naked, the upper right of his body destroyed. “Go in my room, change the sheets. Is she home?”

I shake my head.

“Call her.”

I nod, and then proceed with my duties.

A
    Ariana Donovan

What followed Ruination

The phone had rang with little exchange, no information, just an emergency. Everything on the desk was left as it stood with only the laptop and typical items brought along.

Feet began to pace through the course of waiting to for the car to pull around. The door and handle seemed heavier than normal. Items tumbled into a back seat after barely getting in.

Time slows down when you are in a hurry. Moments pass as if the camera was moving frame by frame. Each stop light is ten minutes slower. Each road twenty miles longer. The ticking of the turn signal loud and obnoxious as it laughs at you while you wait.

The street lights stare as you drive by some with a glare and others with a sorrowed look. For time knows it is in control. Every time a corner is turned, you hope it is the one.

The car did not stop fast enough. The locks would not open quick enough. Each step felt like it meshed with the cement during the trek to the door. The knob turned and the door opened in what seemed like slow motion.

A burned smell crept into the nostrils which sent the slow alarm to the brain. The searching began first to a room with no sheets on the bed. A female spoke but not it did not register in the cloud that sheltered the one track mind. Unrecognizable bits were on the floor. The stench of singed items lingered in the air and a ring had rolled to the wall.

The motions back in the hall still searching then directed to below. The smell more pungent as the decent was made to the stairs. Each step was a cliff of slow decline until the final plane had been reached. Blue eyes darted in a slow camera pan as the panic began to seep in.

Rapidly scanning the burned and charred man her vision assessed the damage. The process of comprehension began to crumble. Time no longer stood still. Like a tidal wave, it rushed and toppled her to the ground on her knees.

“Oh god no…”

Immortality can be meaningless sometimes...

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.