Ended
Watch
21 - 28
DISPLAYED
(1108) Amelita, Brenn, Daniella, and Jacqui

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

NOS
    PRE

Brenn stared at Jacqui for a few seconds, gears turning frantically in her head space, but finally she nodded, and dropped her gaze. She wouldn't admit that she had misinterpreted the laws, but she didn't really have to; it was already blatantly apparent. The zeal that had been in the Haunt's eyes dimmed, like a candle that had been snuffed out.

"Yeah, you're right. Court's not the best place to blab about it, either. Though you'll have to help get this conversation back on track after its, uh, sudden derailing. Hmmm. I suppose we could speculate over what the 'envoys' are after. There has been a lot of weird sh--I mean, things going on in the Domain. That might only be coincidental though... Oh, or we could talk about the regencies. I've been thinking that if several Kindred worked together, almost like a coterie," the Haunt hinted, not so subtly, "then they could secure a deal over feeding rights much more easily. Strength in numbers after all."

O
    Omnivolence

Jacqui replies, her eyebrows raising with a glance at Amelita at the mention of "working together."

"I wouldn't sweat it. I got rather enrapt over that whole thing too. Yeah, there have been a few things I've been wondering about, the Regency heads and the Covenants for example..."

Jacqui's voice trails off at the end, inviting response on either subject.

NOS
    PRE

"Oh?" Brenn queried, cocking an eyebrow, "The regencies are pretty self explanatory, actually. A few kindred in the domain have regencies, or plots of land that is strictly theirs to manage, just like the old feudal system. If anyone wants to be granted feeding rights in one of these areas then they have to secure such from the Regent of that particular area of land. Two of the regencies are already filled. The first is the Prince's Regency, so good luck getting access to those lands, and the second belongs to someone named Erika Brady, but she has a deputy on her 'payroll', if you will.

"Um, and then there's a kindred named Jayant Nagaraj, who the Herald described as noble, and someone named Roxie Hart; those two are open I believe, so they'd be the people to talk to. Oh! There's also two areas that no one rules over, currently, but I believe they fall under the Prince's jurisdiction until he appoints someone new. Um, so yeah, those are the regencies. As I said earlier it looks like it would be easier to secure Rights as a group since that way there's much more to offer a Regent. 'Cause the deal depends entirely upon what someone can offer a Regent in exchange for rights, whether that's services or cash, it could really vary."

O
    Omnivolence

"I've heard of Regent Hart a bit. Apparently she's a bit more rough on the relations... I almost feel like you can learn a bit from the name. 30's era, kinda gangster? I'm speculating, but I'm betting just seeing the woman will tell a story about her." Jacqui pauses to think. "Regent Nagaraj... Doesn't ring a bell other than the introduction I got from Herald Villiers, probably much the same you got. Maybe I could ask for a way to contact from either?"

Jacqui trails off a second again, this time lost in thought over something Brenn said. She focuses back on the situation saying:

"Hey, I wouldn't mind help getting a Regent's attention. Maybe we could see where we go from there?"

NOS
    PRE

"Who would I be to refuse help," the Haunt laughs. "That sounds good, yeah. You've got a good head on your shoulders, Jacqui; I'm envious.

"Um, but yeah, the Herald gave me the Regents' numbers, so I guess that's as good a place to start as any. Here, why don't you take my number and later, you, whoever else you want to include, and myself can get together and begin from there."
    The haunt produced a notepad and fountain pen and began scrawling out a spidery set of phone numbers and an email address for the Ventrue.

O
    Omnivolence

"Sure. Thanks." Jacqui smiles, and would feign a blush if she could.

"We'd do good to get some background research on the Regents if possible though. I haven't seen them around court. I doubt it'd be received well if we showed up around their area though uninvited without a call... I'll see if someone can ask a few questions to the Harpy. Maybe catch up over a social call?" She offers.

Jacqui takes a second to look down at Brenns converse's, still smiling, and takes a quick peek over at Bishop Flores who's been separated from the group before looking back to Bren, losing the grin.

NOS
    PRE

"Oh, well yeah, I was planning on calling the Regents to set up our first meeting, not just barging in. 'Course, getting some background information never hurts, either. Hm. I'll tell you what," Brenn said, cocking her beret clad head, "If you go ahead and talk to the Harpy then I'll see what else I can do to ask around. For the meantime though, I'll stop wasting your time and get to, well, not it, but something along those lines. Oh, and nice meeting you," the Haunt finished, offering a stomach twisting smile before she moved to trundle away.

O
    Omnivolence

Jacqui flashes a smile back in response, as she fakes a sound of hurt "But Brenn, I don't think you could ever waste my time!" Overenthusiastic, sharp humor, but Jacqui figured anyone with a black Beret could respond to some sarcasm. Her tone levels off as she says sincerely "No really, lets try to hang out sometime. Your call for whatever." A pause as she waits and follows with an afterthought:

"It's been a pleasure" Jacqui ends waving.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 5

You do not have permission to view the list of names.