Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(1108) Amelita, Brenn, Daniella, and Jacqui

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

NOS
    PRE

"Oh I'm not upset about being heavy footed, its just a fact. I take pride in tripping on flat surfaces. More people should try it, I feel. I mean, ones not going to be consumed by pride while falling flat on their face, I'll tell you that much. It's a hyper-evolved defense mechanism designed to regulate the danger I pose to myself, you see." The Haunt rattled off with faux seriousness, looking at Jacqui with a raised eyebrow.

"As for nicknames, though, I suppose we should be calling you Dominatrix Cotouri, shouldn't we?"

O
    Omnivolence

Jacqui grins devilishly at the moniker. "Oh that. Yes. That's my alter ego." She eases up on the wide eyed smile to a more gentle face and continues: "I can appreciate you being candid though. I'm a fan of self deprecating humor in the right company. If take yourself too serious, you might as well be dead?" That smirk returns at the double entendre.

NOS
    PRE

The humor of the moment seemed to die in Brenn's eye's as she felt an unfamiliar and very powerful beast wash over her. She almost staggered back under the wait of the onslaught but only shook her head, trying to quiet the shrieking gibbering inside her skull. Suddenly, as quickly as it had come, the ocean of hostility and fear passed. Feeling somewhat embarrassed the Haunt retracted her fangs, wondering when she had distended them, and looked back at her companions.

"Sorry about that you two, but holy hell that doesn't look good," Lawrence exclaimed, gesturing to the little Girl, the Geisha, Anton, and the approaching Herald. "I mean, I don't know about you two but if that thing is going to be staying here I want to know about it. If we move a bit closer we might be able to catch a word or two of what's going on."

O
    Omnivolence

At the abrupt entrance of the child and the geisha, Jaccqui just visibly tenses every muscle together at once as she flutters her eyes. She relaxes them back, excepting her hands. Her hands stay balled into tight fists as she internally deals with someone actively pushing their beast into the community.

"I uh... it's not a bad idea. I don't sneak up on Anton though. That's just a bad recipe waiting to explode. Plus, they're getting a crowd."

Jacqui seems distracted, as she for a second glances at the growing crowd, and she focuses her hearing between here and there.

"I can tell you what they're saying," Amelita proclaimed boldly. "Let's move back a little though, I don't want them to hear us," she murmured, much less boldly.
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

O
    Omnivolence

Jacqui and Brenn, having accompanied Amelita towards the outskirts of the scene between the Child, Geisha and Anton, wait out of traditional earshot of the crowd. As Anton speaks more sternly, Jacqui wonders and tenses at exactly where this is going to go, her hands still balled up into fists, now shaking nervously.

When Anton reaches for Geisha's throat, she begins the process of stealing herself, tensing her shoulders, her arms, trying to hold back both the fear with the feeling of she must be ready to do what's neccesary.

She looks over to the other two with her and says simply, tersely, "Excuse me, I must pay attention to this."

As Herald Villiers begins the route, letting go of Dillon and moving more onto a limping power walk, calling into the gathering fury in the name of order, she seems to wholly steel herself with a grimace and a thought.

I care me me and mine own. Anton, Martha... I will not run, I will be here for this. I will be here for this.

Her shakes staccotic with simple steeled presence as the grimace continues it's course, she's now plainly facing away from her company, shoulders squared with the entrance hall. She's staring and watching, looking for a sign of escalation in the entrance proper, with balled fists and some distance inbetween it all.

NOS
    PRE

Brenn watched the exchange with a furrowed brow, her mouth hanging open like a horse in mid chew. Her gaze flickered between Anton and Martha, watching as they walked towards one of the Elysia's private rooms.

"So, did anyone else just see that?" she hissed, outrage ringing through her voice. "Did you two both see how everyone just watched one of the Deputies break Elysia; including the, the, the flipping Reeve and Herald?" She broke off, sputtering wildly as she tried to contain her outburst and sudden bout of cursing.

After a moment the Haunt stilled, her eyes ablaze with fervor. She spoke slowly now, almost as though she was trying to force each word through a filter of rationality.

"That is something that should not happen. I mean, how could one of the Deputies, who is both the Bishop and Priscus, act so...so blatantly above the law? If that is allowed to happen then law means nothing and we might as well forget this charade of politicking and politeness."

O
    Omnivolence

Jacqui seems to snap out of her spell of self talk, cautious fury, and punctuated terror to look back at Brenn.

Her face and palms relax as she looks back to brenn, shoulders still pointed squarely at the Child and her Geisha.
    She stops to think of how to respond to Brenn as she replies strong toned:

"No. I see why he acted as he did. These two weren't new comers seeking shelter in the city. She came on business with her pretty little doll, and is showing no respect, restraint, and is demanding an audience with our Alder Prince dismissing our other officials. He was acting in his duty, not striking the Child, but a show of strength. I don't agree with violence in Elysia, but it's no shield to use to cast about self import and disrespect being new in the city. If he'd simply rolled over, we may as well announce any elder can demand a position of importance and the personal beck and call of the Prince by virtue of showing up. It's in that sense, he's acting in his duty protecting Sacramento with a show of strength. If we had simply rolled over, I may as well call my Sire and instruct her Sacramento needs strong leadership and she could talk to the Alder Prince about where she can begin if she could just make it to court."

NOS
    PRE

"Yeah, but the fact that no one else is acting similarly means we still look weak," the Haunt countered. "You see, the fact that there's no acknowledgment of this act that indicates weakness not only in our ability to enforce laws but also weakness in the stability of those with power. You can exercise strength in a non-physical manner, especially in a place where violence is prohibited in all its forms. 'Cause Elysium is a shield. That is, it's a shield until one is ejected from Elysium, then it doesn't matter. Besides, if someone decides to be stupid and rude, then the punishment comes from the loss of the position they had when it comes to negotiating what they want."

O
    Omnivolence

Jacqui simply looks back to Brenn and states

"To Quote: The Prince and any he shall designate is exempt from these Elysium laws." She pauses to let this statement sink in, and see if it rings a memory with Brenn.

"Let's not underestimate the level of this game they operate at. Deputy Flores asked in official capacity for the Thrall to be silenced. She spoke again. I'm sure if Anton has stepped out of bounds, the Alder Prince, or our Master of Elysium Herald Villiers will speak to Anton. Probably, privately, and it concerns us little. Anyways, I'd rather manage more congenial conversation than debate after a tense situation. That be ok?"

Jacqui starts to turn he shoulders away and loosen her tight stance as she faces fully back to Brenn and Amelita in the group.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 5

You do not have permission to view the list of names.