Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 17
DISPLAYED
(1108) Hot for Harpy

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Lance leans forward conspiratorially and lowers his voice. "What trends would you like me to set?"
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

A
    Ariana Donovan

“Well being forward and offering to dance is a step in the right direction. It would be nice for new people to know I am not unapproachable.” Ariana said in the same sort of conspirator tone. “Perhaps there would be one trend to set.” Winking casually. "Perhaps you could think of some others?"

“I also wanted to thank you in person for the roses. It was very kind of you. I see you did your research. Was there anything else you found out about them?” Placing her elbow on her knee and her chin on the back of her hand.

On the subject of trends Lance rubs his chin like he was thinking very hard. "I can but try. Hrm, what do you think the prevailing opinion is on recreational drug use? Could I bring some cocaine at the next court, see if some of us would be willing to unwind a little? Or maybe something of the Harpy's choice. I doubt anyone wants a cloud of anything floating around, but some lines should be low impact. Unless the Prince would rather that not happen here, of course?" The last was said with a little lilt of the voice that turned it into a question. He did not know the Prince, but if anyone did it would probably be the Harpy.

"Oh it was my pleasure, really." He smiles at the thanks for the gift. "I never knew roses came in that color naturally. Learning that they are a symbol of grace and beauty however, was something that I think I learned better from you.
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

A
    Ariana Donovan

“That is quite the compliment Mr. Rayner, and I thank you again.” Ariana stated sincerely. There was another significant detail about the rose that perhaps he overlooked.

Ariana was unsure if Lance was joking. “Harpy’s choice?” She laughed slightly. “I am curious to hear what you think may be my choice.” She then shook her head. “There is a fine line between unwinding and wound up. I am afraid that may push our laws of Elysia a bit with drug induced rowdiness. Considering that to reach that high it would need to be from consumption from a mortal, if I am not mistaken. There are many things to consider with such a party favor.” She slipped her hands beside her on the desk and one of her fingers ran over the file folder. “Surely there would be something else that would entertain you at a Court.” Ariana said with curious smile. Not to mention she found it odd that someone would be more interested in drugs than the blood.

"It was just an idea, I'll work harder to come up with something suitable for court then." Really, any kindred foolish enough to loose control of themselves at Court wasn't going to last long at all, Lance thought it was pretty much a self-correcting problem. Presumably the people that had to do the correcting felt the fewer self-correcting problems the better. "I'm sure I can find something to entertain myself. And since I know there's at least one person pacing outside waiting for you, I'm going to have to ask if I may do just that? If I keep him waiting any longer who knows how much mischief he might get into."

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana laughed softly. "Yes, perhaps we can continue this conversation at a later date. I would look forward to it." She said as she slipped off the desk and opened the door. "Please do have a good evening Mr. Rayner." She smiled at Lance as she followed him out the threshold. She really hoped they would continue their chat later, he was very interesting.

"I will, and please remember my offer. Good evening Harpy Donovan." Lance gives the Harpy somewhat formal bow of his head before he leaves and enters Court proper again.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread