Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
The Sanctified Gather

Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

"What does Damnation mean to you?" Anton asked Dillon, thoughtfully. His eyes drifted towards Sidor and Arthur for a second. Confession would be interesting.
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor met the Bishop's gaze briefly. He had much to confess, and it was burderning him. He considered that it would be a relief to have spoken, but it would also be a blow to his pride. Then again, he had suspected that Anton had caught him and seen through the facade he had portrayed at one point. Regardless, it needed to be addressed, and it would be a blessing to have it in the open. The shadows that concealed his eyes hid his thoughtful expression as he considered Dillon's statement.

The new Deacon had actually been doing some personal work to improve the profile of the Sanctified. It was likely, he thought, that there would be a couple of new people coming to the public Mass after the meeting. The lack of pressure had probably helped; he had no intention of following up with 'now you must join, or we will eat your firstborn'. Those pathetic recruitment tactics never worked, and had only been moderately humourous when he'd seen the Circle trying it in Court, so this was not a recruitment tactic. Instead, it was one of access.

The first step towards recognition and furthering the Purpose was to be seen as accessible. If the perception of them as a weak little secret society with no support continued, then there would be nothing.

Politics was a dirty game, but he relished the tactical challenge.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Inquisitor indeed.

Dillon speaks the first thing that comes to his mind, not blurting it out, but dusting off memories that should have been long dead. "Never seeing the faces of my wife and daughters again. My just punishment for failures of faith and valor. I was offered this existence as a monster, a tempter, a destroyer, and I chose it. I chose it because I don't deserve love or light, but I may yet serve a purpose."

He could have said more, but closes his mouth. What more was there?
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Anton looked unmoved by Dillon's answer. He leans forward, staring the Savage straight in the eye.

"There is more to our chains than what you describe," he rumbled, glancing towards his cousins.

"I don't want to see you flirting with the other Damned, Connery. My predecessor was a lecherous disappointment. I don't wish for the Domain to see his paltry legacy reflected within your actions."

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor's body language shifted impercetibly. Where Anton leaned forwards, the Deacon just inclined his head slightly, the shadows that hid the features of his face flowing with the movement. He'd seen Connery around the women of the Court once or twice himself. Such a waste of a life that claimed to be purposeful. Although the Deacon remained silent, he let the sudden, attentive stillness of his shifted posture do all the talking. Call it a united front.

Communicating body language of doom

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon breaks eye contact with his Bishop, glancing briefly to the Deacon. Sidor had shown the true loyalty of a dog, and no more imagination than one, either. Was the Sanctum here no more than a cultivation of Nosferatu thugs who couldn't operate in society unless they hid behind monstrous piety?

Setting his jaw, Dillon looks back to the inhumane eyes of Anton, and speaks evenly. "Bishop, I apologize. I merely use a friendly manner to ingratiate myself politically. If this is inconsistent with your directions, I will be mindful of my speech and actions among our kind."

Only after his repentance does he bow his head slightly, and cast his gaze to the table.

3 suxx resist
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

"Do you understand why, though?" the Bishop asked, in response.

1 Sux to detect Animosity

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon mentally reminds himself that he is under scrutiny. Now is not the time to second-guess the faith of his superiors, and he steels himself. Instead, he focuses on how best to answer the Bishop's question without sounding wholly ignorant.

Eyes still on the table, he states: "At the moment, I can only say that it may conflict with your earlier praxis of 'remaining apart from the Kine in both soul and habit'. I admit that I have practiced testing the faith of mortals with their own habits; which has led to my behavior with our kind as well. I hold no claim to perfect devotion. I am Damned. I do hold claim to a willingness to learn from my betters."

3 suxx close to the chest

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Anton's expression doesn't really soften, but it does become strangely understanding as he speaks his piece to Dillon.

"Partly, yes. Testing the herd with temptation is a part of the Centurion's path - A part I advocate wholly. But without that Purpose, it's a solace we just don't deserve, Damned as we are."

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor's gaze moved over Dillon's expression. He was unable to get a clear sense of the Savage's intentions, which he found acceptable enough. In his opinion, not having a particular tell either meant a master liar, which he didn't believe was the case here from Dillon's description of himself, or no particular intention that he had any interest in. Either way, it was little to do with the new Deacon.

"As you are interested in ingratiating yourself politically, Brother Connery, I'd remind you that those who win favour on their back are forced to remain there," he said quietly, once Anton had finished. "Earn recognition through your deeds in serving the Purpose."

The last thing Sidor wanted for the Sanctified was for Dillon to turn out to be another Katrina. It was bad enough that he had had to share a nationality with that poor excuse for one of the faithful.

3 successes

Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread