Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Just your friendly neighbourhood fangboy

K
    Kazakin

Brad had slipped out of the hotel room. Thank God most of 'em didn't have windows in the bathroom, and it wasn't too damn hard to block up the ones that did. Sure, it was kinda weird sleeping in the shower. And sure, the fact that Rich tended to be hanging around was a messed up, messed up situation, but he figured he'd be okay alone tonight. His Sire was probably busy anyway. Looking for someone to get a quick bite from. That was okay, though. Rich hadn't killed anyone recently.

Not since he'd fucked up and embraced Brad to cover it, anyway.

Brad scratched at the wrist of his black sweater as he walked out into the night. It was dark out, he thought, and then thought how stupid that thought was. These past couple of years, it was always dark out. That was sort of an occupational hazard, being a citizen of the night. Sometimes Rich went off on these grand rants about how amazing it was to be a vampire and how everyone loved the Hell out of him.

Brad hung on every word until Rich left the room, and then he'd remember how much it sucked to never be able to drink a Goddamn coke again. He missed coke. He missed burgers, too. And pizza. It would be pretty awesome if he was able to have a pizza again. He'd tried that the first night after he'd been embraced, because he hadn't seriously believed what Rich had told him.

He'd puked like a bitch and sworn never to try that again. Rich had laughed a bit and sort of rubbed his back, trying to flirt. Brad had felt too shitty to go for it, and had ended up doing it anyway.

That had been shock number 3 out of a long series of very depressing shocks. Sex was boring as a vampire. Rich had insisted it had been interesting, but Brad had caught the look in his Sire's eyes, and that had been it. Rich still tried it on occasionally, but it didn't really feel like anything, other than that funny haze that Rich's presence inspired in him. But then, Rich tried it on with everyone. Lately, Brad just wondered if that was why Rich went through men and women the same way ordinary people went through hot meals. Everything was sort of hollow.

Well, not everything. No, there was the urge to stick your fangs in random people's throats, that was pretty intense. And God, it felt good. It was like every other pleasure had been sort of hardwired into that one.

The Daeva strolled down the streets, looking around for someone. It was a bad neighbourhood. He knew the rules; no fucking with mortals, no getting caught. But he also knew that he didn't want to spend the rest of his not exactly life sitting around with his thumb up his ass, or being Rich.

God, he didn't want to be like Rich. So he went looking for people who might be up to something, and figured he could help if he could just make sure some random old woman didn't get her purse snatched for the evening. No superhero stuff. No super speed or whatever. He just really, really wanted to help someone's life be just that bit better, just for one day.

Just your average ordinary every day superhero, rescuing cats from trees and whatever. Yeah, that's totally me. Y'know, if I wasn't a walking corpse, with a really weird problem. Which reminds me. Gotta call Mom. She'll be worrying. Then gotta tell Rich I called Mom and listen to him bitching for the rest of the night about vampirism. Fuck, I hope he's not in the mood tonight. He's awesome and all, I just feel really weird about uh... being touched by a corpse. Maybe it's just me?

Wits + Streetwise

Bradley knows of a few drug corners which run twenty four hours a day. There's a park nearby where people are likely to get robbed at this hour. In his search for somebody to help, he comes across an unremarkable blonde man with a ridiculous Irish accent menacing a woman trying to get to her car.

Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.