"Another round." Svelte Sven said, gesturing to get the bartender's attention as he reached for a handful of bills that were not really his to spend.

"I will pay for my brother." A woman near twice his height with a markedly darker complexion put her hands on the Darkling's shoulders from behind. The Winter King managed to resist a shudder before turning around to look up at the woman. She was dressed in a long-sleeved, grey shirt and jeans. Her face was mostly obscured by what looked like a surgical mask. Off-duty nurse?

"Not my sibling, but I'll take the free drink." He said in as casual a tone as he could manage. Her casual dress and easy attitude belied the strength in her hands. The bartender looked between them for a few seconds before shrugging and stepping back to work on the Changeling's order.

"Not by blood, perhaps. But we have some shared heritage." The woman sat down next to him, though she asked only for a glass of water. "And I have a curiosity as to how deep that kindred spirit runs."

Ah. Either a nutbar, or another Lost. Sven sipped at his White Russian and hoped desperately that it was the latter and she was merely hardening her Mask, as he was. Though he supposed, of course, the two were hardly mutually exclusive. "You have me at a disadvantage... I assume. What's your name?"

The woman chuckled and nudged the Darkling with her fist. "I cannot share what is not mine to give." She said playfully. "And you cannot steal what you cannot get your little hands on, aye?"

"I can steal a lot of things, if I put my mind to it. Look, what's this about? You're obviously not from around here. You're not a member of the club's local chapter." Sven swallowed the rest of his drink before he started to get any more irritable. "I like this particular watering hole, please don't ruin it for me."

"Ha." Her eyes grew a little colder and the Winter King's hand moved reflexively to the switchblade in his pocket... until he caught sight of the Bowie knife she was wearing on her opposite hip. The stranger's eyes twinkled a little when she realized he had seen it. "You like it? Laws around here are pretty strict, I was delighted that it was just under the legal length." He could tell this mysterious woman was grinning from behind her mask. "But, to your point. You are being scouted for special membership. If you're impressive enough, you may be allowed to join us, rich boy."

The last couple words jabbed at the Whisperwisp's heart but he merely nodded and stared. "Impressive... how?" His voice was a soft chill.

"You just do what you usually do. Misdirect, steal, and keep..." She held a finger up to where her mouth presumably was behind the mask and made the softest possible shushing sound. "The most important part of that? If someone comes to you trying to get out of a bad spot... help them lie as good as you do." She left the bartender a respectable tip before squeezing the Winter King's shoulder and leaving without another word. Sven stewed in his own roiling emotions for several minutes after she was long gone.