Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

(2410) October Consilium REDO!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Oct 1, 2024 : (2410) October Consilium
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Week I Week II Week III Week IV
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    (Paramedic)
    Skill: Medicine
    Asclepius

Height: 5'9
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Blue
    Wears gold band on wedding finger
    Speaks with English accent
    Nimbus:

Hears the sounds of a heartbeat monitor (ECG Machine)
    Combat Stats:

Melted Reflecations:

Health: 7
    Mana: 7
    Defense: 2
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Willpower: 3/3 (usable)
    Armor: 4 / 5 Kevlar vest thin (1 /2) Organice resilience (life 3)
    Spell tolerance: 2/2
    Active spells: 1/4
    Paradox spells cast: 0

OCC
    PRE

The conversation seemed to Asclepius that it was getting lost in the who or what. He needed to be short and sharp with his input to not keep the meeting from halting. “Let us continue with the councillor announcements and let them decide on the next move forward, after all that is the point of appointing them. I fear if we continue anymore nothing will get solved. I will only offer one more statement on the matter and that is when the time comes for voulenteers I will go on record to say that they can count me in, I am no good currently at scrutiny but as an arrow I am here to serve the circle and help defend those that will investigate this matter.” It was important to him to get that out there, this was a worrying time with this loud Paranoia inducing of an event.

He listened more to the conversation as it continued with more people offering their voices on the matter. He kept his tongue until Skyes comments about the photo and the girls that they had met, it was not news to him but the sudden defensive response from Corn made him slightly annoyed. This was not really the time to go into details about this but even so now that you have done so and caused such a scene, you dare go and act like it was a slip of the mind when you 'forget' important details. My god, no wonder there is such mixed feelings. “I am sorry Corn but come on man, you can say in one breath when have I lied or mislead you (the circle) and then turn around and lie by omission... when the councillors gather to discuss this, for the love of god please put all the cards on the table for the sake of all here. You realise that any information held back that leads to injuries and worse will all be blood on your hands right?” with that he sat back, potentially saying too much but this was more then just a loss of a sleeper now, all were involved whether we liked it or not.

Thinking / Speaking

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    Status
    (Factotum)
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    Health:
    Mana:

Spell tolerance: 2/3 +1/1
    Active spells: 1/6 + 1/1

Paradox base: 2

Monthly rituals:

Fortunes protection + Quantum Flux (Improvised combined cast) (Both cloaked)
    Potency: 4/3

Grim sight: (Rote) (Cloaked)
    Potency: 10

PRE

Witch adds a very level headed approach to the situation, the decisive focus she had displayed previously would prove invaluable in the wreckage that was the entire situation of that he was certain. The Guardian gets a short sharp nod, her councillor has heard and appreciates her contribution.

All the more so as Corn adds layer upon layer of contradiction, speculation and obfuscation to the proceedings. After having been pulled up for inconsistencies by a several mages present and his out right lie addressed by Phoenyx, Chambers choosing to believe the arrow over Corn until proven otherwise given his path mates clear and repeated liberates with the truth. You would have thought he would get his act together. But no. "There was no meeting last month corn. There is only an official meeting every three months you were present at the last." A small thing but the lies, such blatant lies made it all the clearer corn could not be trusted and that needed to be made apparent. But no it's so much worse, and it takes others to pull the truth out of him. "You go around showing pictures of your family... with other mages around." Voice thick with Incredulity. His cloaked sight enables eyes to flick briefly, nothing even close to scrutiny, to the very clear glyphs of gold and green in Skye's pattern, if something had marked Corn as mage, and it was at this particular event then she to would surely be in the firing line. He had after all said the arrow was present at whatever this event was. But it's to many if's nothing concrete it could have been anyone of a dozen slip ups. Does he secretly hate his family? Did he want this to happen? are we being led on? When a man is caught in one lie trust is no longer an option and when he's caught in more the one you have to begin to wonder what the goal is. "Corn has previously attempted to leave things sympathetically connected to his family in my sanctum. I rebuke him for the attempt but I would very strongly advise all of us to bring anything he has given you here to be shielded by the circles wards." It was at best very dangerous, more so now. It was at worst making far to much sense why he might have been trying that.

The Obrimos moving aside to settle the matter of the final councillor representative was progress. Actionable progress. Not before of course winter put in his request to interrogate. When a guardian says interrogate then things are getting serious. Corn of course objects to torture. Not that I see a point in interrogating him, he spouts so much nonsense how would he know truth from lie. "The request will be carefully considered winter." Corn objections get nothing. Those things were for the council to decide not the one being interrogated.

Skye's offer of mind magic is also premature. "Skye we don't know if that particular event is the cause of this predicament. We don't even know if it' supernatural at this stage." Heck we don't know if Corn himself isn't having breakdowns and did this. "We need to cool our heads and go slower so we can move faster." Everyone barrelling on and suggesting this and and that and speculating was just going to end in a massive mess.

He called Skye because they were friends, he called Asclepius because he thought he would help? What kind of logic is that? Do the two of them know each other? Why would the newest arrow help more then say Phoenyx in the first place or is this because anyone who knows by reputation would have refused? Regardless that same arrow now ads hi voice to those calling Corn out for lies and deception.

He's lied before. A important note to take from Aurora that had not been lost. Why does that not surprise me. Instead it's time to get what can be done done. "Philip, Aurora perhaps we should step aside and see about getting this in hand, with Salem and I think the Obrimos are just wrapping up their business." Three councillors chosen as agreed, two standing in. Seems we couldn't quite keep the number to make it all official but it will do just fine.

Continued in Councillor conversations...

There is no privacy in the circle what the councillors discus can be heard and vice versa
    Health
    Mana

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

He was surprised to find any support at all. This hadn't been about Corn at all. His breathing was heavy and he was running hot, not twitching, not fidgeting for once. Aurora's words helped him to realize the tension he was holding and his fists unclenched and he let out a deep breath. He only knew where some of that anger lay, meditation would be needed to figure out the rest. He was glad for a change that there were even heads in the room, the mixed response tempering that anger back down. Everyone had good points and he gave a nod to Eidolon, "Literally don't think I could have said it better myself. Though, I don't think I've seen us united over bread let alone a kidnapping." He shrugged, it was a nice thought but as powerful and intelligent as they were they were twice as willful and he knew it.

"Sorry Councilor, it's just, the child is innocent. It doesn't get a choice that his father's an idiot." He took another deep breath to keep the surge of anger down. Ahhh that's where that anger's from. "I think Witch cut to the heart of it so I'll only add one more thing." and the heat was finally gone. "Perhaps you should stay in protective custody until matters are settled or more information is reveled. I would say, at a minimum for the duration of questioning, There are cells we have, correct. I believe Kaze spent some time there." There it was. The slick oil of politck. It was a good call, the right one even. But he still hated himself for it. Then he sat down like a deflated balloon, plate left unoccupied next to him his hunger having vanished. The beer on the other than was desperately needed as he took a drink. He was done speculating on the matter, investigation would reveal the truth. There was one path to the truth and you had to walk it with your own two feet. Metaphorically at least.

Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Occultation
    Fighting Style: Kung Fu
    Resources
    Joyeuse

Nimbus:

Silhouetted with a halo of bright, silver light.

When Vulgar magic is cast, Joy's hands and eyes glow a bright silver, as if wreathed in celestial fire

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Their business concluded well within the earshot of the throng, Councilor Joyeuse returns to the main gathering, though they do not remain long, having heard Chambers' move to gather the other Councilors.

They do not directly engage with the other members of the Consilium, but noted several things for later discussions... as well as who to keep an eye on should they prove problematic in the days to come. Instead, they move directly to where Chambers has situated himself.

Joyeuse moves to Councilor conversations

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Night Hawk Base):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 4/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 4/2 (Fortunes Protection, Sibyls Sight, Shifting the odds, Quantum Flux)
    Stats 2

Base: Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in FP:UL: Winter)): 3/6, on person: 3/2: (Fortunes Protection(FP), Perfect Moment, Exceptional Luck)
    (in Squeaky Choir (SQ): Nearest Building): 6/6 spells (on person 6/2): (FP, Sybils Sight, Gain Skill, Exceptional Luck, Pulse of the Living World, Quantum Flux)
    (in Ley Line/Hallows(LLHF40)): 3/6 spells, 3/2 on person: (FP, Sybils Sight, Exceptional Luck)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in Consilium
    Armor: 4 (FP, SQ, DYLF, LLHF40) Defense: 3 , Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Body Control non-ruling arcanum, Body Control non-ruling arcanum, WP

Evidence Shroud (non-ruling)

OCC
    PRE

Having nothing to add to the conversation, Philip, as stand-in Acanthus councilor, left to join Chambers and Joyeuse, the Moros and Obrimos councilors, respectively. Corn`s antics did begin to annoy him though, having been caught in a seeming lie of omission by Skye, in addition to his other inconsistencies.

Philip joins Councilor conversations.

Apologies for the out-of-turn post. But the move to join the councilor thread with the out-of-turn post like this was discussed with ReubanBrightwood.

spells , effects and gear

(in DYLF: NESFU) Mana: [0] Willpower: Health:
    (Fortunes Protection, Shifting the Odds, Quantum Flux, Body Control) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 4 (because of FP)

7. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was nothing to be solved continuing to go back and forth. Spying Chambers move off, she follows, but doesn't think this will be solved today, too much time had been wasted.

Aurora moves off to the Councilors Discussion

Marcus Hawthorne
    High Speech
    Eidetic Memory
    Resources
    Status
    (Free Council)
    New Identity
    (Marcus Hawthorne)
    Eidolon

STATS

Health
    Mana
    Willpower

NIMBUS

When Eidolon uses Vulgar magic, his eyes glow purple and a faint, eerie mist surrounds him, tinged with shadows that seem to dance in a macabre waltz.
    Equipment

ARMOR

Reinforce Long Jacket: WoD core p170

GEAR

Smartphone: HtV, p. 37
    Laptop: HtV, p. 37
    Zippo Lighter

WEAPONS

Energy Meter: HtV, p. 240
    Stun Gun: Armory, p. 36
    Dart Gun Pistol: Armory p.91
    Beretta M92: Armory, p.65
    Dagger: WoD Core, p.170

PRE

"Hold your horses, lads," Eidolon interjected, raising a hand to quell the rising tension. "Seems like we've got a bit of a tangle here, with folks wanting to charge ahead and others wanting to play it safe. Now, I'm all for action, don't get me wrong, but a bit of caution ain't a bad thing either, especially when we're dealing with a missing kid."

He glanced at Guru, a thoughtful expression on his face. "Protective custody ain't a bad shout, Guru. Keeps the lad safe while we sort this mess out. But I also hear what Skye's saying about mind magic. If Corn's truly holding back, a bit of a peek inside his noggin might be the quickest way to get the full story."

Eidolon turned to Corn, his tone firm but not unkind. "Now, I'm not saying you're lying, mate, but there's clearly some bits and pieces missing. If you truly want to regain the trust of the Consilium, volunteering for a mind probe might be the way to go. Shows you've got nothing to hide, eh?"

He paused, letting his words sink in. "Of course, it's your call, Corn. But if you're willing, either Skye or myself could have a look-see. Just a thought."
    Speed: 9 | Defense: 2 | Armor: 1
    "Talking" | Thinking

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

As the Councillors took their leave he decided to observe the situation, he stood by one of the benches and silently watched over Corn.

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 3/4
    Personal Spells: 2

PRP: DYLF - Grim Sight
    PRP: DYLF - Alter Raiment
    PRP: DYLF - Shadow Sculpting

PRE

Crossing her arms beneath her breasts, Witch rocked back on her heels and attempted to settle.

So many more words and still no finalized Council. Granted, they were waiting, but it still irked. She herself decided not to add to it. If she was to be part of the team to investigate, all of this would likely be re-hashed. But if she wasn't then it was just her being another cook in the kitchen listening to a botched recipe reading.

12. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
+ Reply to Thread