Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
Melted Reflections: Twisted Memories

Week I Week II Week III Week IV

Verity Carmen Scenes

Skye would be quite aware that haze is only visible to those with mage sight or maybe other supernatural senses the general public don't seem to notice it, now if the yare affected by it or not is another question entirely and would require scrutiny of the public to determine.

Witch takes on the persona of a carefree circus attendee as she approaches the man in charge as he spins tales of flickering lights, snuffed torches and ghostly appropriations. He snares the audience with words of wicked, warped reflections of malign moving manikins and half alluded threats of very real danger should they stare to closely and draw the ire of the spirits that make the circus their playground. All things she as an awakened knows can be be real, could be the cause here. But how much is the skill of a spin doctor's sale pitch and whole much is a man laughing in the face of the unaware with truths better left in the dark.

The youths look around for the source of the dread and horrid sounds finding nothing a few seem to be genuinely spooked and it has certainly knocked their bravado down a few notches. Except for the one holding the knife he seems determine not to look like what .. .weak? .. afraid? ... he some mediocre point to prove that much is certain. And he seems to be the one who has retain enough situational awareness to hear the arrows mumbling. "Talk? Nah mate, cut you up maybe that what I'm thinking might be a good time." A particularly and unnecessarily violent response all things considered.

The voices that squeezes his brain and brushes against his mind in almost loving but repulsive sensation, continues just for him. "Bored? Not exactly, but I do not wish to be here, that is certain. Free me from the hands of these sleeping things if you would. Then perhaps we can converse more readily."

Delatdream Witch
    Skye LadySin
    Asclepius Jombot

Reuban Brigh

(Paramedic)
    Skill: Medicine
    Asclepius

Height: 5'9
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Blue
    Wears gold band on wedding finger
    Speaks with English accent
    Nimbus:

Hears the sounds of a heartbeat monitor (ECG Machine)
    Combat Stats:

Melted Reflecations:

Health: 7
    Mana: 7
    Defense: 2
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Willpower: 3/3 (usable)
    Armor: 4 / 5 Kevlar vest thin (1 /2) Organice resilience (life 3)
    Spell tolerance: 2/2
    Active spells: 1/4
    Paradox spells cast: 0

OCC
    PRE

The stage set for the spook, his ears taking yet another uncomfortable and cringing pain and feeling as the words spoke to him. He continued to speak while looking at the phone, as if reading his response to a text out loud, but really the intention was to reply to the voice. “I see, well if he is not to your liking then I guess I can swoop in and see if I can assist you and then we can discuss about how to move forward then.” At that he looked up from his phone, his eyes drawn to the sleeper that had threatened him. Well if I can't convince them I might need to provoke for self defence but one last try of something subtle first. You all seem pretty spooked, I assume you heard the rumours about this place then, the figures coming to life and moving around. No one so far has managed to figure out how yet, I wonder if that's because no one has taken any items from their person. What if they come to life to retrieve what was taken from them, I certainly glad I am not foolish enough to do so.” He Locked eyes on the sleeper that threatened him. “Already throwing threats at me? Is that because your Afraid, I have seen that look before. You Resorting to threats is a clear sign of fear, why don't you do everyone a favour and put the knife back and go get some fresh air. Clearly the chamber of horrors is getting to you. After all I wasn't even speaking to you."

In his mind, it could go one of two ways. One option was they yield and put the knife back and walk out without a scene, the other was that he has something to prove and tries to stab. Personally I hope he puts the knife back and gets out without a fight.

Thinking / Speaking

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 3/4
    Personal Spells: 2

PRP: DYLF - Grim Sight
    PRP: DYLF - Alter Raiment
    PRP: DYLF - Shadow Sculpting

PRE

”Why would spirits play here?” Witch calls out to the ringmaster, a laugh in her voice. Just a young woman having fun, maybe put up to talking toback to the Ringmaster by her friends. Hopefully that’s what she sounded like at least.

Verity Carmen Scenes

Asclepius plays into the spooky atmosphere, the hype the rumour mill and the peanut gallery of spoked youths legs it ... where exactly he is not sure but they are out of sight and moving away from him in the maze of twisting cloth curtains. Leaving him with just the ring leader, the one with the knife a much more favourable circumstance. However this foolish whipper snake embrace the fight side of flight or fight he does after all have a weapon and and has been moved to a state of less the rational thinking.
    Roll initiative Asclepius
    The mind curdling ear twisting voice does not reach into his mind for the moment.

6 gangster initiative

Witch grab the hook of the ring master spiel in the act of playing along. But he runs with it a sinister smile splits his face. "Why little the restless dead hunger for the living, the warmth of a body, the vengeance for their death, just to be noticed again. Some it is said consume the souls of the living to empower themselves in death far beyond the power they ever had in life." The torches flicker but its only the wind. "So I'd be careful if you see a grasping hand or a twisting head or a wayward shadow if I were any one of you, who knows what the shades will pluck from you if given half the chance." A squint a glare, a slow turn of the head to ensure he makes eye contact with each member of the crowd.

Reuban Brigh

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment

Rituals October:

Combo Organic Resilience and pulse of the living world (pot 6, armor 4)
    Body Mastery +2 (pot 8)
    Honing the form dex +4 (pot 8)
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Not noticing anyone else seeming to react to it hence it did not seem like anyone else looking into this matter was here at least, a bit relieved but also vary, to run into others in the same pursuit would certainly be a risk factor if it did occur.
    Still a bit concerned that her found ally was walking away, and their other friend not coming out of the tents, eyes flicking between the two as she shouts into the tent.
    ”Eyy Jack you coming?”

Then turning to keep her eyes upon the ringmaster whilst waiting for Asclepius and being aware of Morgans movements, not wanting to abandon either one for the time being.
    2 successes to scrutinize ringmaster with a priority on nature over 3 rolls

Gear

Spells

Stats

152.4cm tall

(Paramedic)
    Skill: Medicine
    Asclepius

Height: 5'9
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Blue
    Wears gold band on wedding finger
    Speaks with English accent
    Nimbus:

Hears the sounds of a heartbeat monitor (ECG Machine)
    Combat Stats:

Melted Reflecations:

Health: 7
    Mana: 7
    Defense: 2
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Willpower: 3/3 (usable)
    Armor: 4 / 5 Kevlar vest thin (1 /2) Organice resilience (life 3)
    Spell tolerance: 2/2
    Active spells: 1/4
    Paradox spells cast: 0

OCC
    PRE

A Smirk forms on Asclepius' face as it seems his words did the trick for most, watching them run from the area and with haste made this a little easier to deal with. There is always one that stays, What's this? you wish to fight? He hears the call from Skye way behind him in the entrance to the tent, but his mind in a different place for the moment as there is a pause in his response to her. You think your better then me because you have a weapon? Well jokes on you buddy because I too have a blade, difference is I'm better and I'm willing to prove it. Yes Lucy I would love too but I have a little issue with a fool thinking he can take me with a knife. I intend on showing him the error of his ways. ” He Keeps his eyes on the aggressor while shouting to Skye. He grabs his own knife and begins to unsheathe it. You can still back down lad.... I don't think your ready to pick fights with that yet? Certainly not with me.” [/S] He readies himself for the fight knife in hand, the only last offer of surrender given.

Given the start of combat there is no time for long speech post struck to the three syllables allowed

11 initiative for Asclepius

Gear

Spells

Stats

Thinking / Speaking

+ Reply to Thread