Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    (Autumn: Illusory Candle flames)
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●●
    Source less, sorcerous candle flames flicker in and out.

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Resources 3
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3
    Fighting style: Brute Force 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance
    City Hall
    Unions
    Public works

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 2
    City Hall 1
    Unions 2
    Public works 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead
    Kray Scenes
      Unyielding voice (Troll blessing)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gristlegrinder Troll

Bulbous yellow eyes cast a curious glance down at the exotic summer. "Uh. Now Mary if I'm going to have a throne I wouldn't cheap out and settle for just plating it in gold." Mouth splitting into his toothy grin. Eyes swing back to the game. "Huh. Reckon we'll find one like that?" There was quite the supply of smuggling toilets under the fun park after all. "But. Yeah. No. Gold paper wouldn't do well, at that point you'd want something a bit greener to wipe with." That makes him chuckle given what they had speculated in one of their chats about the origin of the green mush.

Nodding, that's how the world works, this is where we was most comfortable when deals and offers of help came in, its give and take this for that, no one party owing the other more or less, Circe wasn't a mortal for him to extort and manipulate. "Hm. Sounds good to me, let me know when I'm needed and I'll let you know when the equipment arrives for installation." Still care, always care. But this benefits all involved.

As long as it's a joke, which it seems to be, he chuckles along. Even as his focus drifts off over the crowd, as wonders and questions fill his mind. "Oh. Oh. Yes. collecting dues from those who wrong you in your streets is a must, they can't think they can get away with that." A broken rib or two to boot. Content to watch and chuckle deeply as the summer has her full on laughter fit. "Now. that would be pretty funny, good way to make enemies to." Turn the streets against you in a heartbeat if you sell out to many of them. "Uh." Talk of fighting cartels gets him to level off a bit. "Now. I know your you but the cartels got a lot behind them and more then a bit of a reputation, you think you can take those on?" If The summer sovereign was looking to start a gang war he would like the advance warning to button down some hatches.

But suddenly he is chuckling again. Dark mirth seeping from the giant. "Oh. I don't know who that is but you don't need to be blunt I get what your saying." And seemed rather amused to be hearing it.

His own fit passing, the dark humours remain, just quieter. Seems Circe wants a lesson in how to kill two birds with one body. "Uh. Well what you want is integrity, bodily integrity. Once limbs come loose or off you don't have much to hold onto for directing the swing, once the ribcage goes the weight starts to shift to much and it gets hard to catch people right to really hurt them." And he is serious enough to reinforce the image he is capable of terrible harm with his insights that might just come from experience. "It's like any weapon, once it breaks it's less effective." And all you can really do is wide swings with them anyway.

Allowing his eyes to continue to wander now as he listens. "Huh. Yeah Stereotypes came to be for a reason I guess, handy things those." Very handy in deed. He also recalls the smells the way the fairest had fired blanks to whiff the scent and calm down. "Hm. I can see liking to make your own, tinker and toy with them." That made a certain sense. "But. There is timeless classic to the hammer and the axe, to the knife and the fist." A certain for lack of better terms legacy. "When you use those people know what your about." And Stereotypes exist for a reason.
    Ogre:GristleGrinder/Troll Preadators Gaze

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

Spdr
    Patrl
    SumCor
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Toll and Good Customer Pledge, tip, Fairest Blessing

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh ho ho ho! John, you would be shocked what you can find on E-Bay," Circe is amused by he question. The Internet could find anything, practical or not. "I'll stick with 3-ply over metallic."

Circe gives Kray a salute and nod when Kray agrees with doing work underground. Be it walling up or shoring up, help would be exactly full of that. Oh wait, "Any help would be quite full of itself," she smiles at the pun.

"Johnny, Johnny," Circe shakes her head at the gall to ask the question. "I can take on absolutely anything. That is not in question. What is in question John? That'd be how long would I last," she waggle her finger for emphasis as seh talks. Arrogant then realistic. "I am thinking a couple of weeks, mostly due to our kind of cheating, is the most I could pull off in battle. Unless you mean cyber war with them. Then I'd last decades." And there is the arrogance again. "I am crazy fun John, but neither stupid nor suicidal. I'm not gonna kick it off."

And Kray starts giving her genuine instruction on how to commit grievous harm with a body. She looks at him in surprise, before she slowly starts to gain a feral smile. Though she could think of an exception to that rule he give. Thank you history channel on Mesoamerica. "Or one time use," she nods in agreement instead. "I'll have to work of lifting before I can give it a try. Right now I'd be able to pull it off with a frozen, full salmon but not an idiot mugger."

"Right!" She points at Kray as she declares the value of classics. "Pretty sure it is older then written history. Though professionalism these days prefers firearms. But classic is why I went for 45. Mr. Colt's single action is still a masterpiece of craft, totally American, and damn can you just make the things gorgeous to the point of distraction." It was something to tinker with. No real tactical value, but it was an excuse for gunsmithing. Plus, it is what she was licensed to own so questions she had evidence to back up. "There is a reason it is a classic. Plus! Bullets give a variety problem removers. Rattlesnake in your crib? Snake shot. Dumbass you don't want to kill? Rubber bumpy bullet to the balls," She gives two thumbs up then thinks. Smiles, "Course, you could do that with a hammer too. Well, the balls, less so the snake." She points a finger at him, "Do not try to prove me wrong. I don't want to be sticking you with anti-venom. I'm not sure on the how to of doing that. The right tool for the right job and what not."

"Truthfully, name a thing, I can probably get or make a bullet for it." Something Circe talked of with pride. She may not be the ultimate gunsmith in the underworld of the West Coast. Yet, Circe could manage bullets just fine by cheating with her fae forge. Save for the firey stuff.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

3. Likes liked this post
    New Identity:● ● John Donoghue
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Resources 3
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance
    City Hall
    Unions
    Public works

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 2
    City Hall 1
    Unions 2
    Public works 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead
    Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gristlegrinder Troll

Right yes the internet. "Uh. I don't tend to buy from online, just not in the habit. To easy to be tracked and to easy to be swindle." A shake of his head send the dangling lichens of his hair a swinging. "No. I prefer the old school on this, actually see the thing your buying." No disrespect to those who wanted the online convivences of course but it would pretty safe odds a solid gold toilet would tracked or a scam. "Hey. You forge right." Pretty sure she has mentioned once or twice. "Reckon that's within your abilities?" Because I'm pretty sure not just anyone would be willing to make that. "Ha. Seems like a pretty open market to me." Of course it would take a very specific kind of person to actually pay for and install a solid gold toilet. "Hm. Yeah honestly likewise." The joke of using cash had amused him but it was probably still uncomfortable.

Just a nod. "Yep. You got it. Never been one afraid to get my hands dirty." He does not salute, its not his style. "You don't need to offer food I already said I'd help." Thinking that's what full must be referring to. "Hm. But given the nature of the tasks you wouldn't know a good Cornish pasty place would you?" Now that was proper miners fare.

Use of the derivative gets his attention more curious where this is going. Snorting a little as it becomes more apparent. "Hm. Well true that, but I reckon you got more then a few weeks in you, your not stupid." Between under ground tunnels, the hedge, and Circe being able to source enough weapons to enable wars or so she claimed, it seemed very likely if a cartel brought a fight to Sacramento they would have a very miserable time of it. "Ha. Now you got me curious." The version of the gangster playbook he learned from dictated that you play for keeps and if you can't hold it, then its not yours. So if Circe did break a cartel there would be a very nice carcass to pick clean. "Um. Do those kind of groups do a lot online then?" Seemed like a sure fire way to get caught if you asked this Ogre. I really need to get some folks that can do that kind of work. The world as it was that just seemed smart. "Hm. Fair enough like I said your not an idiot." Still a fun enough little mental exercise. And it spins up into his perceptions the way it could play out, the opportunities the fear on the streets. Drifting off into the little day dream for a few moments before blinking, starting and regaining himself.

Those few moments enough to miss the surprise but no the feral grin, his is calculatingly evil, not feral or wild or primitive its something worse, it's more then a little cruel. "Ha. Yeah or one time use, although good thing about them is you can recycle." For a cannibal that might have a few meanings. "Once a limb comes off you got a makeshift shiv." Now that he had never done, never wasted the the time but it was not far fetched in his mind. "Hm. Or a leg of lamb." The classic. "Same disposal method though." Hopefully he meant the salmon.

He watches the game as she explains the change in culture. "Ah. If you say so. Guns might look the part, and sure they can fit under your arm or at your waist keep the suit all prim and proper. But good looking and business style dress does not a criminal make." It goes back to the conversation they had had before, all the glitz and glam but if its just show it does not matter. "Hm. Sure I can wear a suit, I can also wear rags, or a knitted jumper if I want. I can adorn or forgo the things people see as marks of success, it changes very little." a side look. "It does not change what I can do, and my hammer does exactly what it is I need." He grunts into a chuckle. "Oh. Snakes got a skull and brain in it to rattle, a quick clout to the head and a hammer works just as well as gun." Only quieter, more legal to own and sure more risk of getting bitten. "Uh. That's a good question given the spider population do any of use pack antivenom?" A suddenly serious question he really should have thought about before now. Don't want some random EMT sticking it into a lost to find the place the think there sticking is an inch to the left or packed with fur.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

Spdr
    Patrl
    SumCor
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well, if you think E-bay is too shady John, you should see Craig's List," Circe laughs at this. It was the kiddie zone to her kind of business associates, "Grey Market door to the dark web. Though some custom sites for the ultra-rich would be the best place to find to find real gold toilets. I guess." She actually has to think on it. It is possible.

"Yeeess?" where was he going with this. Wait, what? Was Kray realy asking that? Absurd. Both the idea and questioning her capacity, for of course Circe can. "Forge a toilet? Yeah, sure, just weld it together after. But very pricey is pure gold and I'd charge for it. Plating an old toilet would be cheaper, but I'd charge you if you don't provide the gold." She'd just be building and attaching a shell to the toilet. "Paint would be easiest and certainly not real gold. Probably. Why John? You want a regal throne for a regal dookie?"

Circe, doesn't know quite what a corn-ish pasty is. Pastry is pies, thus pasty is a, umm? Gristlegrinder, so meat pie. Cornbread meat pie? "Cornmeal is plentiful, not sure about making a meat pie out of it, or how well it'd hold up outside the tin. So yes, I can pay you with a cornbread meat pie."

"D'uuuh, what makes you say that?" She affects the typical dunder head tone when he says she isn't stupid, cleary joking. "Thank you." Circe could in theory demolish a cartel without retaliation, just a lot of corpses and destroyed assets. More gut out the infrastructure, cut off the head, and let some feds reap the claim of wiping it out. Not quite action movie stuff though, so less fun. "Dark web is a thing John," she assures him, as she was a system administrator for the gun runners. Mostly. A secure, mobile, easily accessed system from any device with custom OS for access to make it harder to hack? Most didn't do that, but the dumb cartels were the ones that didn't use the Internet. And they're all gone now. "Of course, their servers wouldn't be in the states, lot of proxy, and security slow downs, but a kid can trash talk another kid in a game across the Pacific without lag. They do fine."

"Right you are," she agrees and thinks to the Hedge, "Or a giant crab. Uh," she looks around for mundies. Right, there are some. "Coconut crabs are about the size of their namesake. The claw would be less a club, maybe a, ummm? Blackjack? Finger whacking stick? Small is what I'm saying, bad example. And the lamb you can roast beforehand, and with the right spices it'll cause some burning pain, oh ho ho ho."

"I think it is the Italians in Prohibition thing," she agrees with him on the suits. The classic gangster from old films had a suit, fedora, and long coat. Proper dressed but so did most folks back then. Social status, camouflage with the mobile and affluent, and just plain fashion. "Uniformity in dress implies a uniform, hints at numbers and organization. Intimidation tactic so to speak. Subtle and therefore more class than licking a knife." It was why companies often had a dress code. Implied strength, plus security and advertising where you work. "I'll stick with something with more reach than a ballpeen hammer, thank you John."

That, that was a good question. "Huh? I don't know actually," she has to think on that. Goblin Fruit was everyone's go to, but healing? There was only one that came to mind that was in the Freehold. "Sarah," Seraphina of course, "Is about the only, well, med student I can think of in the club. I know some mundies in the greyer markets that'd help with only one question. Do you have your greenback insurance payment ready?" Circe giggles as she found it funny.

"Maybe I should read up on that. Might be a good idea," seeing as she was often on patrol solo, it might be good to save the fruits and know more than band-aid usage in the Hedge.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Resources 3
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance
    City Hall
    Unions
    Public works

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 2
    City Hall 1
    Unions 2
    Public works 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gristlegrinder Troll

A dismissive grunt. "Eh. One is bad as the other as far as I'm concerned. Why buy what you can't be sure of, I have enough of that in my life." The allure of the electronical world of the super rich both criminal and civilian holds little interest to him, they have their uses without a doubt but something, something just have to been the proper way. "Ah. Someone can tell me they have all the moment in the world, it's no interest to me if its just number on a screen. I'll wave a few bills under the nose just to show I have more money on hand then they do." Cash was harder to track, harder follow and above all actually present and there. You could see what you had. "Hm. You learn to respect something if you have it, all this trading of digital numbers no one really sees what they have any more." And he was old fashioned about these things, it just could not be helped.

The tangent of toilets was at least amusing enough to imagine. "Hm. Oh. No. My toilet works just fine, a bout of curiosity was all that was." Besides it would need to be a big toilet to be comfortable for him. "If I had that much gold I would be putting it to better use then a fancier place to read the morning paper." It would send a message though. "If I did though, I might need to tempt the occasional burglar into my house just to see them try to take it." Not the soundest of plans given the likelihood of getting shot in the process by said intruder, but what burglar would pass that up.

Right yep, walked into that one. "Uh. A Cornish pasty is a semi circle like pastry stuffed with meat, potatoes and vegetables. Can be eaten cold or reheated. Miners used to take them down as lunch, small filling and contained the entire meal." Something about keeping soot off the food as well. "From Cornwall traditionally." Dam why did I bring that up, now a want a few. A single burger after all far from being able to satisfy the giant self admitting glutton.

Computers and all the ilk associated with it very much the summers forte, he will take her word for it. "Ah. Whatever happened to the good old pen and paper, to face to face shown downs, to dark rooms and dingy bars used to hash out the agreements." There was a reason the criminals were less known then the politicians these days and its because none of them really had the same drive to be in the game, at least how the Ogre saw it. "Hm. Well they can stay online. I'll stick to my letters." Was he romanticising the gangster lifestyle? Maybe. Or maybe things just had been done differently, dangerously in a whole different very face to face way, but differently.

Looking down as the summer queen seems to change a tune and turn the talk culinary. He doesn't mind that at all. "Huh. They might be small but those claws got quite the pinch so I heard. Bone breaking, finger chopping or some such." Not shocking, most animals seemed to have some way to take something off a person. A shake of the head. "Oh. You don't spice lamb Mary." What kind of culinary sinner would dare say so. "No. The only thing that goes on roast lamb is mint sauce." That's the only proper way to do it.

He ponders. "Uh. I mean sure your classic mobster, but they are only the most recent brand in classic criminal right. How long ago were pirates sailing around?" The exact dates of the age of sail something he had never needed. "They had a certain look to them though in that era." And well really those are the only other comparable crooks with what could maybe loosely be considered a dress code that come to mind. "Hm. Sounds a little silly to me, if you got an organisation of that nature the surely you don't want your numbers known, anyone could work for you, everyone could work for you. Keep the competition guessing." He feels no compulsion to address that the wears a tatty fedora and poorly made but functional long coat near constantly, his would considered the furthest from fashion. A bastardisation of the trope in many ways. "Each to their own Mary, each to their own." Grinning wide once more.

His mood becoming dour a little as talk turns to the healing arts. "Right." Well that a good one to have not need if there ever was one. "Ah. Yes but that can be a rather time sensitive matter." Being poisoned that is. "And no matter how secure your insurance they can't make time slower, or faster, or which ever one would benefit you if you got bit by something." Slower surely.

8. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

Spdr
    Patrl
    SumCor
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Fairest is amused and unsure if Kray is just old fashioned or his Ogre mentality makes him distrustful of how digital money had gone. Then again, Circe is also a hacker. Some one tries to take her money in a scam, she takes it back with interest. And empties their accounts, maybe drops evidence with the IRS if they REALLY piss her off. "Stay away from the bitcoin then my friend. Totes a scam," she'd never use it. A perfectly traceable, unique numeric coded currency that can always be found by the one who issued it? Only an absolute moron would use something like that for criminal commerce.

She laughs at the idea of a criminal trying to steal a toilet. It was hilarious. Right up there with a trying to steal an older model of really big TV. The weight would probably result in a hernia or a fall with broken bones. Either way, hilarious to watch for sure.

Kray will see her right eyebrow and ear raise as he explains what a pasty is. She didn't know that. Why would she know about miners' cuisine? "Okay," she nods, "I am not importing from Cornwall. Take too long and it sounds like a thicker Shepherd's Pie. Shouldn't be hard to figure out."

She smiles as he brings up clandestine meetings. "Oh, the old ways you say John?" She shakes her head, "Some still do, the older and more established a group, the more they cling to traditions out of respect. Rules and such, uh," she thinks on how to say it, "Watch John Wick. Cartels are newer and much more barbaric."

Old school mafia that Circe was, she had no respect for the cartels. They didn't have the stamina from her opinion, plus the whole getting local militaries and CIA going after them would never end well.

Crab talk wasn't getting crusty. Good. "Or hermit crabs too," she points out. "Somebody buried up to the neck in sand for fun is going to dread hermit crabs with them big claws." At least he wasn't asking about Hedge crabs. Fortunate that. "Snow crabs are just fuck off huge, but lil' claws, odd that. Then again, even the common crab can pull a knife on you, so you have to watch out for that, oh ho ho ho!"

She isn't surprised that he'd know the culinary rules for lamb. "For eating yes, but for attacking John? Make it an angry, burning red. Like fruit cake, it need not be edible if eating is not the purpose," she taps the side of her head, for the meme.

She has to think for a moment on the pirates. "Technically, pirates are still sailing around," Circe tells Kray. "But I get what you mean. The Johnny Depp style, I'd say the 19th century at the latest. Though some governments turned the pirate problem into a pirate solution," she leans towards Kray. Raises her left hand to make a stage whisper, "Privateering they call it." Then straightens back up. Then Circe shakes her head as Kray really doesn't get it. The purpose of the style in the mafia was something to consider. "A punk swinging a chain is a threat. A woman in a suit," she shrugs, "Could be an intern, office worker, body guard, fed, mobster, or a stripper. Who knows?" She shrugs with both arms raised up. "It is both uniform to imply numbers and to hide numbers. Also, fashion and style is more impressive. Who'd you rather do commerce with? Someone dressed like me or someone with a pink mohawk, bedazzled leather vest, and a skirt that looks like it was designed by a brain damage, color blind, playtpus." Circe is looking away from Kray, head tilted to the side as she starts to drone flatly whilst giving the example.

She is looking at, well, nothing. Just messing around for a made you look moment. She was bored without bang bang.

Circe gasps and fakes shock, "Oh gasp Sir John. You doubt the versatility of Greenback Insurance. I guarantee you, those physicians, wait no. Medically qualified, wait no. Medicine inclined people would have access to things that make you think time is going slower or faster...Or just go to a poison center." Circe scoffs, "Personally, I find a proper diet rich in good-lin fruits and veggies can solve many problems. Unless they are spoiled. Then you can only wine about it, because you cannot ferment a better solution for such rotten produce," Circe waggles her eyebrows as her ears bounce as puns return.

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Resources 3
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance
    City Hall
    Unions
    Public works

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 2
    City Hall 1
    Unions 2
    Public works 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gristlegrinder Troll

Oh now I thought I was old fashioned. "Hm. I didn't know people still bit coins, that's old even for me." And well a pocket for change was always handy to have but these days paper got you further, even that was was becoming scarce. "Uh. And given my dental situation not a good idea for me to go biting onto coins, good advise. Thanks." I mean it seemed obvious but she meant well, even if the Ogre had taken the entirely wrong lesson from the warning.

He chuckles along, the image was rather funny. What some people do when they see green or in this case it would be gold.

That Circe talks with her ears is something he has grown used to, probabaly where the bunny in gun bunny comes from, he likes to think. "Uh. I didn't ask you to, I just asked if you knew a shop that sold them round here. I'll take that as a no." Shame, guess its time to get a baker to agree to some after hours favours. "Eh. I'll get a hold of some easy enough, I don't have a hard time getting people to agree to my way of thinking." Tit for tat, favour for favour and a quick shake of the hand. "Oh. Sheppard's pie is pretty good to though, not eaten that in a while." Those old home cooked dishes, they sure beat whatever came out of the fast food venues.

His attention flits between the game and the exotic fairest. "Hm. Looks like home team are down a few." Probabaly good to filter in some actual talk of the entertainment for the sake of those around them. "Hm. Respect is a big part of it sure. But also it works. No ne benefits from disorder." It was called organised crime for a reason after all. "Ah. Is that the case." He chuckles darkly. "Uh. Well if any ever do darken your door, let me know." He looks directly down at her now. "The older ways could be pretty brutal behind closed doors." Wet work was old as the concept of gangsters and he had gained some entirely new insights into the concept of taking a pound of flesh. "I'll set them straight." No matter how tough or crazy, they fear something, and that's knowledge you can really be brutal with.

He nods along, not knowing a great deal about crabs behind the reputation for crushing pincers, until. Wait what. A look of confusion. "Uh. Is this like the time you told me caffeine eats through plastic?" Yeah he had figured out that had been something of a misleading statement. "Where would a crab get a knife from?" And why would it need one? Missing the perhaps of obvious question of where did it learn to use a knife.

He snorts. "Ah. I know what you mean, but I have some recommended reading for you. Lamb to the slaughter, I think you'll get a kick out of the main character." Mary Maloney, the leading light in how to use a leg of lamb to commit assault and Baattery. "Hm. But that sauce you had on the chicken now that was foul stuff." Burning has its uses right along side frozen.

He shrugs. "Ah. I guess they these pirates learnt to be subtle." Once more leaning down to listen to the stage whisper. "Hm. The powers that be employing the free people to do their dirty work for them." He's scowling now. "Ah. That never sat well with me, seems like those pirates." They were still talking about pirates right? "Need a harsh reality check about who has their better interests at heart." A shake of his head either at the mentality of the soldiers for hire or the views on dress code. "No. A punk with a chain is a punching bag. Or an asset. Nothing more." Depends which side the punk was on, providing the punk was really a punk. "The woman in the suit can yeah that, be anything. That's way more dangerous." The idea of hidden in plain sight only worked if people didn't see the camouflage for what it was. "If it s a nice suit, she has money, that comes form somewhere, more dangerous." Narrows the options a bit if nothing else. "Ah. Depends what I'm after, different deals for different people. It's about reputation and need at the end of the day." And a suit does not always an honest business person make. "Because what I do is a business and in business you don't send the suit lady for a job that needs a pink mohawk." And both had their place.

Does he fall for the made you look? Of course he does, the problem comes when he really does see something, his distorted view of reality doing no favours to the game, and his focus shifts. "Uh. Yeah a proper diet can solve a lot of problems." He does not look away from whatever it is. "Or. Just carry the antivenom." Sounded like a wise enough thing to acquire in one form or another.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

Spdr
    Patrl
    SumCor
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"No dude, "she shakes her head, "Bitcoin, single word. Scam some guy rich tech guy came up with. Folks buy the coins with real money to get, ahem," she waves her hands in the air as she gives a false smile. And a sales pitch voice, "New high tech moneys not backed by any government," the lets her hands drop and her voice goes flat, "Proof. Money and fools are soon parted."

"Oh,
    " she gets what Kray means now. Shopping would save time instead of making them. "No idea, but that I why Google exists." Just because he doesn't do technology, does not mean that Circe will not. She would check later, put in an order.

"OH, they are?"
    Circe looks back to the game. The random talks were distracting, and she didn't know which was which anyway. "Now I know which is which, thanks John." Circe watches a little, but continues to try to listen to Kray as well. "Thank you John," she sizes him up, "I can think of a perfect suit to accompany your hammer in those circumstances. It'd be a riotous time." Someone wants to get into melee against gunfighters, they better be sneaky, very fast, or very armored. She could only help Kray with the third. "However," she says coldly at first but is smiling warmly by the end: "I insist you do the same if they ever bother you. Tis only fair."

Circe laughs loudly as she recalls that joke, "Oh ho ho ho! No. There are many recordings of crabs wielding knives, often swinging them at humans no less. I have no idea where they find them, but props to the lil' guys."

"Oooooh,"
    she is intrigued by the suggestion. Circe will keep it in mind and give it a go. She tilts her head with a smarmy grin. "That was only standard buffalo sauce. Not the super bad stuff John. They have sauces out there that are spicier than pepper spray."

Circe didn't get the idea of it being dirty work. She saw it a different way. "I think the British called it turning a pirate problem into a pirate solution. Which is kind of funny." And Kray was right, she couldn't argue with punks comments. Though good that he agreed about the suits. It was not just fashion thing, but could be justified by practicality too. As for the not judging a book by the cover, that was fair. "If someone is competent enough, they don't have to dress professionally to still get paid. That is true. Though when I say commerce, I mean making money long term, sorry that wasn't clear. Business is business though, get what you paid for."

Circe smiles as Kray falls for it. That was amusing. "Hard work and clean living pays off, so they say," it was better than saying Goblin Fruit is bullshit. "Huh, I'll check for universal antivenom. Might be helpful in the infested tunnels," she agrees with him. And wow, he was really falling for it hard. "Hell of an ugly poodle skirt right?"

He probably didn't know what that was. Circe barely did, seeing as it was the 1950s.

13. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Resources 3
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance
    City Hall
    Unions
    Public works

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 2
    City Hall 1
    Unions 2
    Public works 1
    Mein

Kray Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gristlegrinder Troll

He holds up a great grey hand. "Uh. now hold on a minute." Processing what sounds like a case of collective terminal stupidity. "Now. I get something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. And respect the art of barter. But." And it was a big but. "There are idiots who if I understood you correctly spend real money on fake money to what? get rich?" Do they get some kind of kick out of it? "Uh. Is this some new for of gambling addiction or do they just need an excuse to ditch a lot of money?" If it's not government backed, might be unregulated? a way to clean the cash? "Huh." Yeah he is just a bit dumbfounded. "Uh. Is called that in one word because you can't bite the coin to check if its legitimate?" Or is that assigning to much credit to a scam?

A shrug as he is still trying to process the befuddling information that get rich quick schemes have gotten to the point they have. "Ah. Google yeah, or a walk around till I find a baker." Any baker would do. "Shouldn't take to long." Either way he reckons he will eating a pasty before to long.

Waving in the direction of the scoreboard. "Uh. If I read that right they are." Not knowing the rules it is possible he has wrong but the assumption that the higher number is winning doesn't feel like a foolish one. "Hm. In the way I see it they are already hanging upside down." Getting them there might be more of a challenge. "Huh. I don't know you think I need to look the part while working deconstruction?" A look down, the cold word grabbing his attention, but loosening up again as she does. "Ah. Of course, wouldn't let you miss out on that." Still best avoided if at all possible, more hassle then its worth and I got plenty to do here as is.

And we are talking about crabs this side right? The great head tilts as he tries to picture that. "Uh. You know if that's the case." He grins himself. "It wouldn't surprise to learn that it was in fact you supplying the food chain with bladed weapons." Did it seem like something she would do? No. Circe was way to into killing crabs by how much she spoke about it yet something about the idea just stuck and seemed to amuse him. "Uh. They can't be particularly adapt surely, what kind of muppet would get knifed by a crab?" The odds must be astronomically low if it isn't a goblin crab.

Squinting now. "Uh. Weren't you talking about it being some kind of reaper sauce?" Death in sauce form did not seem far from wrong with that stuff? "I've had buffalo sauce, that was not buffalo sauce." Pepper spray yeah that seemed about right. "If. If. they do worse then that its a sin against food." Looks like the summer sovereign had managed to find something the Ogre at least claimed he would not eat.

Speaking of I really should have taken that guys drink to boot, ah well. "Uh. Creative as it is, that's a dangerous business relationship for sure." Money might make the world go round but when greed is the motivator you need to keep a much closer eye on the books. "Ah. So was I." On the commerce front. "Right tool for the right job is part of keeping a ship afloat." Since the conversation had a nautical twist the analogy seemed appropriate. "Hm. If yo start using a saw when you need a screwdriver you'll find you sink right quick enough." And so a good foundation has a nice and diverse set of tools to utilise. "Ah. Yes exactly business is business. But I would say pay for what you need." And if you can't afford it take that as a measure it's to big for you and step away.

Nodding. "Hm. So they can." And being less prone to infirmity never hurt either on the day to day front of things. "Oh. Good point. Uh. I have no idea if there is a universal one." And that could scupper the preparations a bit. The Bulbous yellow eyes find Circe again. "Ugly? I thought yo liked dogs." I sure don't see one in a skirt. He looks again. "Uh. No. No poodles." Moving on to start scanning the crowd for this elusive dog.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
+ Reply to Thread