Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

PrP Recruit: Mwhahaha more tunnles!

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Circe
    Circe
    Circe Scenes

Toll and Good Customer Pledge, tip, Fairest Blessing

Activating the oath to the Wyrdstone

Hi everybody! <go ahead and say hi to Dr. Nick>

The tunnels under Funderland (Underland) have been explored to the point they have, sort of, dead ended everywhere. The Lost have previously discovered 4 entrances. The Funderland entrance, a flooded one filled with river lamprey eels, a filled in tunnel to a toxically tainted suburban development, a caved in tunnel, and a rubble blocked up storm drain.

Some foolish changelings had been thinking of elaborate, Batman style, secret doors. Cough, Circe, cough. Before wiser heads pointed out 2 Hedge Gates opposite sides of a thick wall is something only 'lings can use.

So, does anybody want to do some manual labor and/or Hedge Gating? We have some rules for the two collapses being dealt with. The cave in needs digging, reinforcement, and digging. This would open up a new, unsecured section to explore! What mysteries and treasures await? Maybe even more toilets? Perhaps I even have a plan or some sort for the adventure?

The Storm drain needs rocks removed and sealed concrete poured, plus a pair of Hedge Gates set up. The Lost would need to find a good location within the old storm drains to hide a Gate, either out of the way or using some skill to camouflage it.

Do please note, that developing Underland further will result in needed XP expenditures, as it is counting as a Safe House Location merit. I am willing to spend XP to increase its Secrecy rating for sealing up the Storm Drain with a wall that is not able to be poked through with a claw hammer. Further infrastructure developments done by others is their own XP expenditure. Details and discussion on development are available in the Funderland Tunnels Social Group.

Kray can and will do manual labour easy enough
    Reuban Brigh

3. Likes Origins liked this post

Circe
    Circe
    Circe Scenes

Okay ReubanBrightwood , looks like it is a duo. Unless Kray wants to fly solo. I can just post as Origins instead of Circe. There are two options for where the Lost can work that I am prepared for: Quicker or Longer.

Quicker: Break down the flimsy barrier in the storm drain, setup a Hedge Gate on each side (some mild exploring, maybe chiseling), and then build the full wall.

Longer: Dig a hole, put up the supports, dig more hole, and see what lies beyond. Or wait for a larger group to explore, IDK.

As you are the only volunteer, you get to pick! Which would you prefer? The unprepared options involve me having to look up the rules for Drowning or the rules for Toxin Resistance. I'd prefer not to.

5. Likes liked this post

Kray is still a month or two out from having the mine shaft supports sorted so for now its just the storm drain which all eh can do is provide labour for -- knock the wall down, chiselling is maybe, mild exploring yep etc. so Circe will absolutely be needed --- and besides its a lot more fun to have to have them both present.

Once He has the mine supports I will post in the tunnels group and spend the xp for it
    Reuban Brigh

Svelte Sven
    Otto Schneider

Otto Schneider does not look like a priest at first glance. He shares his clan's tendency to overdress and one could be forgiven for assuming he is on his way to a meeting of the board. But despite this outward appearance he speaks with a conviction that is only found in true believers. His gaze is intense and seems to refuse to soften to match the rest of his expression at any given moment, appearing as though he's staring daggers at someone even while he grins.
    Svelte Sven Scenes
      Wyrdstone Pledge

Room for one more on this expedition? Sven may not necessarily be the MOST useful... but he's an extra pair of hands.

8. Likes liked this post

Circe
    Circe
    Circe Scenes

The more the merrier DamoclesImpaled ! The only caveat with PrP is if the numbers get high enough, I don't include my toon due to logistics. But 3 should be fine.

Seeing as how this venture we will contain to the storm drain, there would be 3 steps to it. First is breaching the facade Circe put up. It is durability 1 and Structure 5, it will not take long to smash through. Second, is find a Hedge Gate location to setup in the drain area. Convenience weighted against hidden, whilst the matching Gate in the Tunnels is pretty much wherever they want it to be. Last is the manual labor of bricking up the entrance. So, exploration will be a part of it, less manual labor yay!

Are you both ret2go? This scene advert is a week old now

10. Likes liked this post

All sounds good (in theory that cover should be easy to break open but I've seen what the dice roller thinks of things that should be easy XD)

good to go here
    Reuban Brigh

Twist Scenes

Sorry for the late posting, but I would be up for throwing Hasper at this as well if possible.

+ Reply to Thread